It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:27 am

Argus Monitor plugin 1.1.0.1

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
kingzizedk

Re: Argus Monitor plugin 1.1.0.1

Post by kingzizedk »

argusmonitor wrote: January 26th, 2020, 12:08 pm I updated Leo's plugin with the new structure.
Thank you.
This is very nice. I have already updated to newest version of Argus and edited my Measure-data in Rainmeter.

One question, would it be possible to output temperatures with decimals? Right now 28,1C and 28,9C shows 28.0C in Rainmeter. The data is in Argus with decimal, so could you please parse that to the plugin/rainmeter as well?
argusmonitor

Post by argusmonitor »

Sadly, that's currently not possible as the API only provides -- with a few exceptions -- integer values. The reason being that most sensors also only have integer temperature readings. The reason why you might still see one decimal place in some cases is because of the filtering which is applied to some of the values. So currently the Plugin has only integer values available to be displayed.

I am thinking about creating an API to provide access the all the data in a standardized way. But currently there is more important stuff on our priority list and as I mentioned, Argus Monitor is only a hobby project we do in our spare time. So I cannot say when and if it will be available.
kingzizedk

Post by kingzizedk »

argusmonitor wrote: January 28th, 2020, 7:01 pm Sadly, that's currently not possible as the API only provides -- with a few exceptions -- integer values. The reason being that most sensors also only have integer temperature readings. The reason why you might still see one decimal place in some cases is because of the filtering which is applied to some of the values. So currently the Plugin has only integer values available to be displayed.

I am thinking about creating an API to provide access the all the data in a standardized way. But currently there is more important stuff on our priority list and as I mentioned, Argus Monitor is only a hobby project we do in our spare time. So I cannot say when and if it will be available.
Thank you for the reply.
That is some very fair and valid considerations. I understand that it is not high priority.
It is my Rainmeter meter-setup that adds the .0C so its true that Rainmeter only recieves the integer value from the API.

However the same point applies inside Argus, when using a Temp-sensopr as source of Fan-control, it only operates in integer values as well (despite the program showing temp with 1 decimal, which causes very big jumps in fan-speed (for example 30C->31C will cause my fanspeed to increase from 30% to 38% because the curve is very steep when using water-temp (30C=20% and 40C=100%)
argusmonitor

Post by argusmonitor »

I am open for suggestions what we could do inside Argus Monitor to improve fan control performance under these conditions (other than recommending to use a less steep fan control curve).
Currently, we have the option to average the temperatures of CPU and GPU over time and to use hysteresis, both should help to reduce the impact of short spikes in temperature. There is the additional idea to add a slope limit for the control output (basically preventing the fans from changing speed very rapidly). In case there are further suggestions, please let me know.
Ahnìon

Post by Ahnìon »

Here's my current Rainmeter layout, including system stats using Argus Monitor as its data source. Works great!

It might be interesting to note that GPU load is available as a source (ArgusType=GPULoad) but isn't included in the demo skin. Are there more undocumented sources? Maybe sending along a list of valid sources for ArgusType with the demo skin would be a good idea.

Oh, and a slope limit sounds like a good option. Also, it'd be nice to be able to use the averaging (and sloping) options when using multiple controllers for fan control. I realise this might get a bit complex, but when using CPU temperature as input you really need averaging or the fan speed will go into rollercoaster mode.

Thanks again for updating this plugin!
death is a sausage! .
InfeXous

Post by InfeXous »

Ahnìon wrote: February 17th, 2020, 11:17 pm Here's my current Rainmeter layout, including system stats using Argus Monitor as its data source. Works great!

It might be interesting to note that GPU load is available as a source (ArgusType=GPULoad) but isn't included in the demo skin. Are there more undocumented sources? Maybe sending along a list of valid sources for ArgusType with the demo skin would be a good idea.

Oh, and a slope limit sounds like a good option. Also, it'd be nice to be able to use the averaging (and sloping) options when using multiple controllers for fan control. I realise this might get a bit complex, but when using CPU temperature as input you really need averaging or the fan speed will go into rollercoaster mode.

Thanks again for updating this plugin!

Agreed, thank you VERY much Argus for this plugin! We would greatly appreciate a Measure Source breakdown list!

I found a few more GPU related sources

ArgusType=GPUMemoryMhz
ArgusType=GPUCoreMhz

Im sure there are more, I have taken the approach of looking at the physical stats of my hardware in Argus Monitor itself, cross referencing the Name label in Argus Program for such measures and trying variations of the label in rainmeter. As seen above. The actual label in Argus is GPU Core Clock and GPU Memory Clock respectively, but the source is formatted a bit different but not to hard to guess :confused:

An official list would be AMAZING!
ald0pe

Post by ald0pe »

Hi, anyone could find more data sources? Im trying to get the fan speed with no luck

Sls.!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ald0pe wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 6:12 pm Im trying to get the fan speed with no luck
Although I'm not using it, so I'm not sure, but I think the SpeedFan plugin might help.
ald0pe

Post by ald0pe »

balala wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 6:47 pm Although I'm not using it, so I'm not sure, but I think the SpeedFan plugin might help.
Thanks for ur response but Im using the Argus Monitor to control my fans and I'm not interested on adding speedfan (mostly to avoid conflicts between them)
Ahnìon

Post by Ahnìon »

ald0pe wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 6:12 pm Hi, anyone could find more data sources? Im trying to get the fan speed with no luck

Sls.!
The sources in the Fans section of the example skin work for me. What is it you're trying to do exactly?

(I'm only using two fan connectors. The one listed as "Temp2" has a powered hub connected and controls several fans.)
death is a sausage! .