It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:10 am

Looking for something unobtainable

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Maebure

Re: Looking for something unobtainable

Post by Maebure »

That's look so promissing !

Yes, you're definitively on the way ! And because of you, I start to understand the used code (i'm usualy an user and not a creator of content)

Thanks for this, i'll try to do something with this and stay tuned about your improvement

mak_kawa wrote: ↑Yesterday, 10:26 pm
Hi Maebure
"especialy when your vocabulary is poor"... you mean my vocabulary is poor? Exactly, you are right. :D
No, he definitely talked about his own vocabulary, because:
Maebure wrote: ↑Yesterday, 1:38 am
PS : sorry, i'm one of those French who speak English like i've never study the language :great:

Of course I'll not judge your own vocabulary ;-)
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

The beauty of rainmeter coding is that you can create in french or english, or both. the flexibility is enormous.

The structure is also flexible but there are monikers that tend to lend beneficial usability and sharing a hand in communication via code.

Language barriers are so fun. Also google translate is a good friend.

This thread reminds me of when I first found rainmeter.

I initially was trying to do these things with C++ and it was really difficult to get started. Rainmeter lends a great opportunity for the so inclined to create and achieve a modern goal via script/code.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Maebure wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 11:23 pm That's look so promissing !

Yes, you're definitively on the way ! And because of you, I start to understand the used code (i'm usualy an user and not a creator of content)

Thanks for this, i'll try to do something with this and stay tuned about your improvement
Ok, I'm glad if you think my code is good for your needs (supposing above you are talking about my code).
But before we continue, there are a few questions we have to clarify:
  • How many categories do you want? Now there are two: Programs and Websites. How many do you need and how we'll name those?
  • How many elements do you need in each of them? And again, how we'll name those elements?
  • If beside the names of those elements you need / want icons as well, I'll need those icons as well. In such a case please upload a package containing the desired icons.
Maebure

Post by Maebure »

I'm sorry, I am busy those times, I did't get time to come here.

I really can't say how much categories I want. Could it be flexible on this point? Create categories at any time? If not, I can see at least 3 : games, work, other programms, websites.

Same for elements. At least five or a little more.

For icons, there is a folder (from spectrumV3). It could be possible to add some icons at any time and "call them" with fils path or name? I see this in spectrum code (https://www.deviantart.com/birdalliance/art/SPECTRUM-Launcher-v3-for-Rainmeter-762183493)

See you as soon as possible :thumbup: :welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Maebure wrote: January 16th, 2020, 7:36 pm I really can't say how much categories I want. Could it be flexible on this point?
Actually not really. Rainmeter not being a programming language it is extremely hard (however probably not impossible) to dynamically change the number of menu elements.
Maebure wrote: January 16th, 2020, 7:36 pm If not, I can see at least 3 : games, work, other programms, websites.
Here are four, in fact.
Maebure wrote: January 16th, 2020, 7:36 pm See you as soon as possible
Ok, will post an example tomorrow, not now.