It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:10 pm

Calendar - Which One Is Compatible With Rain-meter?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
rob1969

Calendar - Which One Is Compatible With Rain-meter?

Post by rob1969 »

Hey guys.

I have been a google calendar user for many years now but i know it is not compatible with Rainmeter any more. What calendar does actually work with Rainmeter calendar skins? I was thinking of changing calendars just for this reason.

I have been using Rainlander for many years as it supports google calendar but it now looks out of place on my windows 10 desktop, the design is a bit old looking.

cheers ;)
CyberTheWorm

Re: Calendar - Which One Is Compatible With Rain-meter?

Post by CyberTheWorm »

You know that Rainmeter skins can be customized, you can edit the calendar skin yourself so that you get the look you want.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/
Give it a shot yourself and then come back if you need help, but make a backup of your skin before you start.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

CyberTheWorm wrote: January 11th, 2020, 2:47 pm You know that Rainmeter skins can be customized, you can edit the calendar skin yourself so that you get the look you want.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/
Give it a shot yourself and then come back if you need help, but make a backup of your skin before you start.
Yeah, but he was talking about Rainlander.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rob1969 wrote: January 11th, 2020, 1:12 pm What calendar does actually work with Rainmeter calendar skins? I was thinking of changing calendars just for this reason.
I will again promote a little bit one of my works. The Mirage suite has a Calendar skin, which allows you to add an event for a day or for the same day of every year (with a click on the appropriate day on calendar), as well as holidays (with right click). Once an event added, the skin warns you on the appropriate day, showing up a message (see on the right side of the attachment).
If interested, here is the download link: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34009#p168171
GIF.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob1969

Post by rob1969 »

Cybertheworm - Yeah i was referring to Rainlander looking a bit out of date, i have a UHD screen so it looks a bit old.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob1969

Post by rob1969 »

balala wrote: January 11th, 2020, 3:27 pm I will again promote a little bit one of my works. The Mirage suite has a Calendar skin, which allows you to add an event for a day or for the same day of every year (with a click on the appropriate day on calendar), as well as holidays (with right click). Once an event added, the skin warns you on the appropriate day, showing up a message (see on the right side of the attachment).
If interested, here is the download link: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34009#p168171
GIF.gif
Hi balala. Your skin looks really nice but i need a calendar that allows me to add a calendar account like google or similar so i can sync it on my phone and other devices. Having them stored only on my laptop is not what im after. Thanks anyway for posting. ;)
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi rob1969

Judging from your attachment image, you looks to be using Chromophore skin in Rainlendar. Rainlendar skin is in XML format, and can be modified by the user (as well as Rainmeter). I am using modified Chromophore skin as "MyChromophore". So, how about trying to modify them as you like?

I am not sure what you mean by "out-of-date in UHD screen"...If you are talking about font scaling, try to set "font size" by Options -> Font Size slider. Chromopore skin size is scaled with this setting.

And...many Rainlendar skins can be found in DeviantArt page, although they seem to be a bit "old".

In fact, I was using a calendar skin in Rainmeter for a long while, but it is impossible to manage schedules/events seamlessly and synchronously in my PC and smartphone, because it doesn't have write/read capability for online calendar as Google calendar as you said. So, I abondoned the calendar skin and switched to Rainlendar a while ago.
rob1969

Post by rob1969 »

mak_kawa wrote: January 12th, 2020, 9:47 am Hi rob1969

Judging from your attachment image, you looks to be using Chromophore skin in Rainlendar. Rainlendar skin is in XML format, and can be modified by the user (as well as Rainmeter). I am using modified Chromophore skin as "MyChromophore". So, how about trying to modify them as you like?

I am not sure what you mean by "out-of-date in UHD screen"...If you are talking about font scaling, try to set "font size" by Options -> Font Size slider. Chromopore skin size is scaled with this setting.

And...many Rainlendar skins can be found in DeviantArt page, although they seem to be a bit "old".

In fact, I was using a calendar skin in Rainmeter for a long while, but it is impossible to manage schedules/events seamlessly and synchronously in my PC and smartphone, because it doesn't have write/read capability for online calendar as Google calendar as you said. So, I abondoned the calendar skin and switched to Rainlendar a while ago.
Hi mak_kawa

Your right im using the chromophore skin which i think is the best out the 3 skins that is standard. I know how to change the colour and resize the fonts or windows but i find the styling very out of date now, the colours, fonts and design is a bit old fashioned. The Rainlander windows looks a bit rough at the edges because they are not HD, they look a little fuzzy, the Rainmeter skin next to it looks a lot better. As you said the skinns on deviant art are quite old also plus some are not to my liking. I dont know how to change the look of the chromophore skins.

You can see how the Rainmeter skin looks better then the Rainlander skin.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi rob1969

Honestly, I don't feel that Chromophore Rainlendar skin has "out-of-date look" compared with "illustro-style" Rainmeter skin. Just honestly.

Rainlendar skin package can be either zip-archived or of raw subfolder structure. So, first step is to unzip Chromophore skin package (Chromophore.r2skin) in skins folder of the Rainlendar install location, and copy them to the user skin folder (C:\Users\[user name]\.rainlendar2\skins).
And for example, if you are not satisfied with Chromophore skin background shape, how about to modify "images\calendar-bg.png" as you like?
Attached is a quick (and ragged) example of changing background shape of Chromophore skin.
Untitled-1.png
Further discussion about Rainlendar seems to be unsuitable for this Rainmeter forum. You have to post your question about skin customization to Rainlendar user forum.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rob1969 wrote: January 12th, 2020, 7:35 am Hi balala. Your skin looks really nice but i need a calendar that allows me to add a calendar account like google or similar so i can sync it on my phone and other devices. Having them stored only on my laptop is not what im after. Thanks anyway for posting. ;)
Yes, definitely not the case. Sorry...