It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:05 pm

Right click menu

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
manoririshav2702

Right click menu

Post by manoririshav2702 »

When we right click on a skin a settings menu opens up . i don't want that menu to open up so how to disable that menu.
Plz help me on this.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Right click menu

Post by jsmorley »

Simply add this to the [Rainmeter] section at the top of the skin:

RightMouseUpAction=[]

You can still access the right-click menu by holding CTRL when you click.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: January 12th, 2020, 2:07 pm Simply add this to the [Rainmeter] section at the top of the skin:

RightMouseUpAction=[]

You can still access the right-click menu by holding CTRL when you click.
No doubt this is the simplest possible solution, however as usually, there are more. Here is another one.
Add the following option to the same [Rainmeter] section: OnRefreshAction=[!DisableMouseAction Rainmeter "RightMouseUpAction"].
If the code already has an OnRefreshAction option set, just add the above !DisableMouseAction bang to the already existing bangs.
The !DisableMouseAction bang disables the right click and as a result no menu is shown when you right click the skin. Same applies in this case as well, if you hold down the CTRL, the right click menu appears when you right click the skin.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: January 12th, 2020, 3:09 pm No doubt this is the simplest possible solution, however as usually, there are more. Here is another one.
Add the following option to the same [Rainmeter] section: OnRefreshAction=[!DisableMouseAction Rainmeter "RightMouseUpAction"].
If the code already has an OnRefreshAction option set, just add the above !DisableMouseAction bang to the already existing bangs.
The !DisableMouseAction bang disables the right click and as a result no menu is shown when you right click the skin. Same applies in this case as well, if you hold down the CTRL, the right click menu appears when you right click the skin.
Absolutely. However I would propose that the bangs to enable and disable mouse actions are more likely to be used when you want to dynamically turn off and on certain actions.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Variables]

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontSize=12
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Right Click Off
MouseOverAction=[!DisableMouseAction Rainmeter "RightMouseUpAction"]

[MeterTwo]
Meter=String
X=5R
FontSize=12
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Right Click On
MouseOverAction=[!EnableMouseAction Rainmeter "RightMouseUpAction"]
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: January 12th, 2020, 3:14 pm Absolutely. However I would propose that the bangs to enable and disable mouse actions are more likely to be used when you want to dynamically turn off and on certain actions.
Yes, for sure this is great advantage of those bangs, however I just wanted to show another way to achieve the same result.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

If you have an .inc file associated with your skin/s, then the Rainmeter section of that file is a universal way of enabling the features mentioned by Jsmorley and balala.

The skins would of course have to have @include=#@#filename.inc in them - in the [Variables] section.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.