It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:23 am

PROBLEMS WITH FADING BETWEEN PAGES

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
campeanmihai

PROBLEMS WITH FADING BETWEEN PAGES

Post by campeanmihai »

GOOD MORNING

I NEED SOME HELP WITH CHANGING AN ENTIRE PAGE WITH ANOTHER ONE.
I NEED A FADE IN BETWEEN.
I AM USING CODE AND PAINT. SO IT IS MIXED.
I AM REALLY NEW AT CODING SO I WILL NEED A CODE TO UNDERSTAND IF POSSIBLE.

THIS IS THE MAIN BUTTON

LOCK

Code: Select all

[MeterLOCK]
Meter=image
GROUP=lock
X=900
Y=500
HIDDEN=0
imagename =\BASE\LOCK.png
LeftMouseDownAction= 
LeftMouseUpAction=
MouseOverAction= !EXECUTE [ !SHOWMETERGROUP LOCKH ] !EXECUTE [ PLAY C:\Users\mihai\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\PATTERN SKIN 7.0\SOUNDS\HOVER.wav ]
MouseLeaveAction=
AlwaysOnTop=0

LOCKH

[MeterLOCKH]
Meter=image
GROUP=LOCKH
X=900
Y=500
HIDDEN=1
imagename =\BASE\LOCKH.png
LeftMouseDownAction=  !EXECUTE [ !hideMETERGROUP lock ] !EXECUTE [ !HIDEMETERGROUP LOCKH ]  !EXECUTE [ !SHOWMETERGROUP wallpaperbase] !EXECUTE [ !SHOWMETERGROUP base1] !EXECUTE [ !SHOWMETERGROUP base2]
LeftMouseUpAction=
MouseOverAction= 
MouseLeaveAction= !EXECUTE [ !hideMETERGROUP lockh ]
AlwaysOnTop=0

AND I WANT TO MAKE THE BUTTON TO FADE INTO THIS PAGE:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Meterwallpaperbase]
Meter=image
GROUP=wallpaperbase
X=0
Y=0
HIDDEN=1
imagename =\WALLPAPER\WALLPAPERbase.png
LeftMouseDownAction= 
LeftMouseUpAction=
MouseOverAction=  
MouseLeaveAction=
AlwaysOnTop=0

[MeterBASE1]
Meter=image
GROUP=BASE1
X=500
Y=100
HIDDEN=1
imagename =\BASE\BASE1.png
LeftMouseDownAction= 
LeftMouseUpAction=
MouseOverAction= !EXECUTE [ PLAY C:\Users\mihai\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\PATTERN SKIN 7.0\SOUNDS\HOVER.wav ] , !EXECUTE [ !showMETERGROUP BASE1h ]  
MouseLeaveAction= 
AlwaysOnTop=0

[MeterBASE1h]
Meter=image
GROUP=BASE1h
X=500
Y=100
HIDDEN=1
imagename =\BASE\BASE1h.png
LeftMouseDownAction= !EXECUTE [ !hideMETERGROUP BASE1h ] !EXECUTE [ !hideMETERGROUP BASE1 ]!EXECUTE [ !hideMETERGROUP BASE2 ] !EXECUTE [ !showMETERGROUP wallpapermusic ]  !EXECUTE [ !showMETERGROUP antiloop ]  !EXECUTE [ !showMETERGROUP junoreactor ]  
LeftMouseUpAction=
MouseOverAction= 
MouseLeaveAction= !EXECUTE [ !hideMETERGROUP BASE1h ] 
AlwaysOnTop=0

I KNOW ITS A STRANGE CODE....
BUT
CAN I GET SOME HELP PLEASE
Last edited by balala on January 4th, 2020, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are you posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
Mor3bane

Re: PROBLEMS WITH FADING BETWEEN PAGES

Post by Mor3bane »

can you please use manage rainmeter to make an rmskin file so we can look at what is going on. We ask for this so that the information is complete, then your hopeful answer will also be complete. We also don't have your images or the rest of the code so getting things to work properly will be difficult, more so than should be.
Thanks.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi campeanmihai

I don't understand what you mean by "FADING BETWEEN PAGES" (in thread title), "CHANGING AN ENTIRE PAGE WITH ANOTHER ONE.I NEED A FADE IN BETWEEN" and "MAKE THE BUTTON TO FADE INTO THIS PAGE"...There is no concept of "page" in Rainmeter, so it is probably "skin", but I am not sure about "fading between skins" and "button to fade into the skin"...??

By the way, I think your code has some points to improve.

1. !Execute "bang" is no more necessary and deprecated. So you can write simply, for example, as [!HideMeterGroup lock][!HideMeterGroup LOCKH].

2. Excess spaces in skin code are not necessary, I think. They probably don't prevent function of the skin, but there is a rare possibility to cause unexpected problem. So, for exeample, it is better to express as LeftMouseDownAction=[!HideMeterGroup lock] without excess spaces.

3. "AlwaysOnTop=0" option can be only in the skin section of Rainmeter.ini(=Rainmeter setting file), possibly can not be located in meters of skin.

4. Probably, Play bang in [MeterBASE1] does not work. Parameter string including space must be enclosed by quotations like [PLAY "C:\Users\mihai\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\PATTERN SKIN 7.0\SOUNDS\HOVER.wav"].

At last, sorry for 50% joking, why are you speaking so loud...? :-)
And (as always :-)), sorry if I am misunderstanding your post.
Last edited by mak_kawa on January 4th, 2020, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: January 4th, 2020, 10:46 am I don't understand what you mean by "FADING BETWEEN PAGES" (in thread title), "CHANGING AN ENTIRE PAGE WITH ANOTHER ONE.I NEED A FADE IN BETWEEN" and "MAKE THE BUTTON TO FADE INTO THIS PAGE"...There is no concept of "page" in Rainmeter, so it is probably "skin", but I am not sure about "fading between skins" and "button fade into the skin"...??
Agree, not too easy to understand what campeanmihai wants, so a few details would be needed. But I suppose he wants to show / hide the meters which has to be shown / hidden using a fade effect. Not directly show / hide them when the appropriate action take place, but gradually.
Is this right campeanmihai?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Here is your code with corrections for extra spaces, needed quotes, deprecated bangs (!Execute), commented out inactive mouse actions and annoying sounds, and using my images... it does most of what you describe in your actions.

To test with your skin, copy this to a new file, ONLY change the images back to your images, save it in the same location as your original using a different name, refresh Rainmeter, and try the code.

As mentioned, we would need your images, and possibly your entire skin package, to help any more... :uhuh:

; Main Button

[MeterLOCK]
Meter=image
GROUP=lock
X=900
Y=500
HIDDEN=0
imagename=#@#Images\locks\LOCK.png
; =\BASE\LOCK.png
; LeftMouseDownAction= 
; LeftMouseUpAction=
MouseOverAction=[!SHOWMETERGROUP LOCKH][!HIDEMETERGROUP LOCK][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
; !EXECUTE [ PLAY "C:\Users\mihai\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\PATTERN SKIN 7.0\SOUNDS\HOVER.wav" ]
; AlwaysOnTop=0

[MeterLOCKH]
Meter=image
GROUP=LOCKH
X=900
Y=500
HIDDEN=1
imagename=#@#Images\locks\unLOCK.png
LeftMouseDownAction=[!HIDEMETERGROUP LOCKH][!HIDEMETERGROUP LOCK][!SHOWMETERGROUP wallpaperbase][!SHOWMETERGROUP base1][!SHOWMETERGROUP base2][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
; LeftMouseUpAction=[]
; MouseOverAction= []
MouseLeaveAction=[!HIDEMETERGROUP LOCKH][!SHOWMETERGROUP LOCK][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
; AlwaysOnTop=0

; Page to show

[Meterwallpaperbase]
Meter=image
GROUP=wallpaperbase
X=0
Y=0
HIDDEN=1
imagename=#@#Images\lock
; =\WALLPAPER\WALLPAPERbase.png
; LeftMouseDownAction= 
; LeftMouseUpAction=
; MouseOverAction=  
; MouseLeaveAction=
; AlwaysOnTop=0

[MeterBASE1]
Meter=image
GROUP=BASE1
X=500
Y=100
HIDDEN=1
imagename=#@#Images\lock
; =\BASE\BASE1.png
; LeftMouseDownAction= 
; LeftMouseUpAction=
MouseOverAction=[PLAY "C:\Users\mihai\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\PATTERN SKIN 7.0\SOUNDS\HOVER.wav"][!showMETERGROUP BASE1h][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]  
;MouseLeaveAction= 
; AlwaysOnTop=0

[MeterBASE1h]
Meter=image
GROUP=BASE1h
X=500
Y=100
HIDDEN=1
imagename=#@#Images\lock
; =\BASE\BASE1h.png
LeftMouseDownAction=[!hideMETERGROUP BASE1h][!hideMETERGROUP BASE1][!hideMETERGROUP BASE2][!hideMETERGROUP wallpaperbase][!showMETERGROUP wallpapermusic][!showMETERGROUP antiloop][!showMETERGROUP junoreactor][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
; LeftMouseUpAction=
; MouseOverAction= 
MouseLeaveAction=[!hideMETERGROUP BASE1h][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
; AlwaysOnTop=0
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 4th, 2020, 2:38 pm refresh Rainmeter,
This means do a refresh all of your skins. To do this right click Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Refresh all.
This is what eclectic-tech wants to say.
I hope eclectic-tech you don't mind I added this, but if the user is a beginner with Rainmeter (this is what he said), this is good to be mentioned.
eclectic-tech wrote: January 4th, 2020, 2:38 pm As mentioned, we would need your images, and possibly your entire skin package, to help any more... :uhuh:
Definitely. Would be much more easier for anyone to help, if we have the needed resources.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi campeanmihai

Probably I got your aim referring balala and eclectic-tech's posts... "page" means "meter(group)" not "skin". eclectic-tech's code seems to be very helpful.
campeanmihai

Post by campeanmihai »

HEY, THANK YOU FOR ANSWERS.
YES... BY PAGE I MEAN, GROUP OF ITEMS.
IN THE FIRST "PAGE" I HAVE THREE BUTTONS AND THE WALLPAPER.
THE SECOND "PAGE " I HAVE ANOTHER WALLPAPER WITH 2 BUTTONS.
I WOULD LIKE TO FADEOUT AT THE SAME TIME THE FIRST "PAGE", INTO THE SECOND WALLPAPER AND BUTTONS.
THE FIRST "GROUP" OF BUTTONS ( BY CLICKING THE WELCOME BUTTON IT SHOULD START THE FADE OUT INTO NEXT GROUP):

https://www.deviantart.com/campeanmihai/art/Page-1-825858218?ga_submit_new=10%3A1578181620

AND I WOULD LIKE TO FADE IT INTO :

https://www.deviantart.com/campeanmihai/art/Page-2-825858380?ga_submit_new=10%3A1578181714
campeanmihai

Post by campeanmihai »

I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION THAT THE CODE I USE IS A MIX OF CODE WITH A LOT OF PNG FILES.
I DID NOT STUDIED CODE, I JUST USE WHAT I UNDERSTAND.... SO IT IS A "STRANGE CODE", SORRY FOR THAT :Whistle
campeanmihai

Post by campeanmihai »

balala wrote: January 4th, 2020, 1:28 pm Agree, not too easy to understand what campeanmihai wants, so a few details would be needed. But I suppose he wants to show / hide the meters which has to be shown / hidden using a fade effect. Not directly show / hide them when the appropriate action take place, but gradually.
Is this right campeanmihai?
perfectly.... all i want is a simple code to fade all the "items" into another set of "items" not just simple boom show boom hide :D