It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:52 am

Visions +

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mak_kawa

Re: Visions +

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Diablorojo

As eclectic-tech have already said, this date problem is not caused by the Visions+ skin at all, It simply shows the date sent from wxdata.weather.com as XML data feed.

So, I think that there is nothing to do on our side. As a workaround, how about using the other location code of your neighborhood?... even though there is a possibility that the date problem still exists for that location, but worth trying.
xenium

Post by xenium »

Diablorojo wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 5:19 am Still having the same problem with the date being wrong,, I have tried what i have learned,, no luck.
For me, for your location, the date is displayed correctly.
Capture.PNG
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Weird...

By the way, I have noticed that the digits "(77619)" is shown at the end of Diablorojo's location code. I think it is a ZIP code. And it is not in Xenium's posted image. Probably no bearings about the issue, but I wonder.
xenium

Post by xenium »

mak_kawa wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 11:55 am Weird...

By the way, I have noticed that the digits "(77619)" is shown at the end of Diablorojo's location code. I think it is a ZIP code. And it is not in Xenium's posted image. Probably no bearings about the issue, but I wonder.
The zip code was definitely added manually.
It would be good to know what location code Diablorojo used.
The code used by me for Groves, TX is USTX0554 and everything looks good.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Diablorojo wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 5:19 am Still having the same problem with the date being wrong,, I have tried what i have learned,, no luck.Capture.PNG
Is it still wrong now? Because it is alright for me now, with the USTX0554 code, posted by xenium above, same way as for him:
xenium wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 11:14 am For me, for your location, the date is displayed correctly.
Diablorojo

Post by Diablorojo »

xenium wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 11:14 am For me, for your location, the date is displayed correctly.
Capture.PNG
I have tried bought of the location settings and still the same, but fro some reason it is working correctly at the moment, I also have another question, if you lok at the time on thhe left 0f the screen, it shows the correct 12hr format in time,
but if you look at the moon, it shows 24hr format, i have racked my brain in trying to change that but cant find a code to change it.
thanks again for any help. :beer:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Diablorojo

Perhaps, it is because the next hour and next minute are obtained as independent digits from the xml data of iohelix site. Sorry if I am wrong.
If so, I guess, following modification does work. Add meaure [NextTimeConversion] and modify MeasureName= and Text= options in meter [MeterNextTime].

Code: Select all

[NextTimeConversion]
Measure=Time
TimeStamp=[MeasureNextHour]:[MeasureNextMin]
TimeStampFormat=%H:%M
Format=%I:%M %p
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterNextTime]
Hidden=1
MeasureName=NextTimeConversion
Meter=STRING
X=22
Y=72
StringEffect=#effect#
FontColor=#fontColor.Text#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=#FontHeight#
StringAlign=LEFT
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1
Text="%1 #zone#"
If you don't want leading zero in hour, insert "#" character to the Format= option as Format=%#I:%M %p.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Visions+ Beta 3b.2020.01.02

Details and link

Released an updated, simplified, and enhanced(?) version that brings the package installation inline with modern Rainmeter practices.

All images are now in @Resources\Images
Reduced number of skins by combining Black/White version (select text color using "InkDrop" icon)
A common WeatherVar.inc file is used so all skins refllect same location data
Background colors generated by Chameleon plugin with desktop color awareness (optional)
Diablorojo

Post by Diablorojo »

mak_kawa wrote: January 3rd, 2020, 1:33 am Hi Diablorojo

Perhaps, it is because the next hour and next minute are obtained as independent digits from the xml data of iohelix site. Sorry if I am wrong.
If so, I guess, following modification does work. Add meaure [NextTimeConversion] and modify MeasureName= and Text= options in meter [MeterNextTime].

Code: Select all

[NextTimeConversion]
Measure=Time
TimeStamp=[MeasureNextHour]:[MeasureNextMin]
TimeStampFormat=%H:%M
Format=%I:%M %p
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterNextTime]
Hidden=1
MeasureName=NextTimeConversion
Meter=STRING
X=22
Y=72
StringEffect=#effect#
FontColor=#fontColor.Text#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=#FontHeight#
StringAlign=LEFT
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1
Text="%1 #zone#"
If you don't want leading zero in hour, insert "#" character to the Format= option as Format=%#I:%M %p.
Where would i insert that? I have looked for [NextTimeConversion] but with no luck, not with finding it, have searched the code but to no avail.. :handtohead:
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Diablorojo

You have to newly create the measure [NextTimeConversion] in your skin concerned. Of course, name of the measure can be set as you like together with MeasureName= option in the meter [MeterNextTime].