It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:58 pm

Looking for something unobtainable

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Maebure

Looking for something unobtainable

Post by Maebure »

Hi guys,

I'm a new user of rainmeter but i already clean out lot of website to find my dreamy skin. Unfortunatly, i found nice skins but i want more and i don't know were i can find it or how i can make it. Let me explain :

I found "Spectrum V3" skin wich appear when your mouse hit the top of your screen. It has lot of cool features, just one disapointed me, when the mouse over is activate, the logo's programm spoil the template.

I found lot of tiles skins too. They are very cool and epurate.

Now i'm looking for something between. I want a tiles skin but every of those skins i found works on the same patern : one icon = one program or action. Is it not possible to clock on icon, it's opening a group of template like a 'tree view' and every template acts like an simple icon, like in "spectrum V3"?

I don't necessarily want an all made skin but some trails to make my heaven.

Thanks a lot for your answers !

PS : sorry, i'm one of those French who speak English like i've never study the language :great:
mak_kawa

Re: Looking for something unobtainable

Post by mak_kawa »

Generally speaking, it is possible, maybe. But it seems to me that no one can figure out your requests/wants unless you show your skin code concerned.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

I am not sure what does "template" mean... But if you are saying "tree view" as drop-down list, again generally speking, it is achieved in Rainmeter by preparing a meter simulating a drop-down list, and toggling the meter by mouse click action, like this;

Code: Select all

[DropdownListButton]
Meter=Image
ImageName=xxxx
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleMeter DropdownList]
I am afraid of my bonehead misunderstanding...
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

If you are saying "tree view" literally, at least I have no idea to actualize it, because Rainmeter has not built-in tree view control (= meter). Of course, someone in the forum would show how to emulate tree view control in Rainmeter...
Maebure

Post by Maebure »

Thanks for this first help, i'll try to do something with it :)

And sorry for possible misunderstandings, that's a bit difficult to explain visuel things only with words, especialy when your vocabulary is poor :Whistle
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Maebure wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 12:38 am I found "Spectrum V3" skin wich appear when your mouse hit the top of your screen. It has lot of cool features, just one disapointed me, when the mouse over is activate, the logo's programm spoil the template.

I found lot of tiles skins too. They are very cool and epurate.

Now i'm looking for something between. I want a tiles skin but every of those skins i found works on the same patern : one icon = one program or action. Is it not possible to clock on icon, it's opening a group of template like a 'tree view' and every template acts like an simple icon, like in "spectrum V3"?
First: when you're asking for help, would be a good idea to post, beside the name of the skin, a link where we can download the skin in cause. Accidentally I have the Spectrum v3 skins package, but probably not everyone of us has it. So a link is always useful.
Second: definitely possible, however same way as mak_kawa, I'm also not completely sure what you mean by spoil the template. What do you mean?
Third: later will post a sample code, to show you what am I talking about, how I think about this idea. Stay tuned...
Maebure

Post by Maebure »

Of course. There is links of two skins I want to be inspired by :
Spectrum V3 : https://www.deviantart.com/birdalliance/art/SPECTRUM-Launcher-v3-for-Rainmeter-762183493
and
Honneycomb : http://rainmeterhub.com/skins/honeycomb/

For template, on spectrumV3, see on the first image during a mouseover, we can see the template chosen for this game. Did i use a bad word for this?

And to be clearer, take honneycomb, click on one tiles and you execute the path you configure. For my personal skin, I want to click on a tile to open a Spectru's similar menu for a group of programs.

I hope it's more intelligible.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

balala wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 4:39 pm Third: later will post a sample code, to show you what am I talking about, how I think about this idea. Stay tuned...
Ok, as promised, here is a small sample. For first, an extremely simple sample, with only two groups of three elements. No icons included for now, but later this can be added, if you find this approach good one.
I added two groups of elements (programs and websites), both containing some generic elements (Notepad, IE, WMP, respectively Rainmeter site, Rainmeter forum and DeviantArt). Obviously later suplimentar elements or even groups can be added, this code has for now only a testing purpose.
So, please test it and let me know if it is closer to what you thought to.
The code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
OnUnfocusAction=[!SetVariable Group "0"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureGroup"]
DynamicWindowSize=1

[Variables]
Group=0

[StringStyle]
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "220,220,220"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureGroup]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#Group#
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction=[!UpdateMeterGroup "Group1"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Group2"][!HideMeterGroup "Group1"][!HideMeterGroup "Group2"][!Redraw]
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#=1)
IfTrueAction2=[!UpdateMeterGroup "Group1"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Group2"][!ShowMeterGroup "Group1"][!HideMeterGroup "Group2"][!Redraw]
IfCondition3=(#CURRENTSECTION#=2)
IfTrueAction3=[!UpdateMeterGroup "Group1"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Group2"][!HideMeterGroup "Group1"][!ShowMeterGroup "Group2"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterGroup1]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=0
Y=0
Text=Programs
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable Group "((#Group#=1)?0:1)"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureGroup"]

[MeterGroup2]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=10R
Y=0r
Text=Websites
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable Group "((#Group#=2)?0:2)"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureGroup"]

[MeterGroup1Element1]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=0
Y=5R
Text=Notepad
Group=Group1
Hidden=1
LeftMouseUpAction=["notepad.exe"]

[MeterGroup1Element2]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=0
Y=5R
Text=Internet Explorer
Group=Group1
Hidden=1
LeftMouseUpAction=["iexplorer.exe"]

[MeterGroup1Element3]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=0
Y=5R
Text=Windows Media Player
Group=Group1
Hidden=1
LeftMouseUpAction=["wmplayer.exe"]

[MeterGroup2Element1]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=0
Y=-10R
Text=Rainmeter
Group=Group2
Hidden=1
LeftMouseUpAction=["https://www.rainmeter.net/"]

[MeterGroup2Element2]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=0
Y=5R
Text=Rainmeter Forum
Group=Group2
Hidden=1
LeftMouseUpAction=["https://forum.rainmeter.net/"]

[MeterGroup2Element3]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=0
Y=5R
Text=DeviantArt
Group=Group2
Hidden=1
LeftMouseUpAction=["http://deviantart.com/"]

[Uptime]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=180
Y=0
Text=#Group#
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

Your sample code for drop-down list is really brilliant. Especially, use of OnUnfocusOption and technique for switching list group are suggestive for me. I will borrow the idea for my skin. :-)
EDIT: Sorry, "OnUnfocusAction", not "OnUnfocusOption".

Hi Maebure
"especialy when your vocabulary is poor"... you mean my vocabulary is poor? Exactly, you are right. :D
Last edited by mak_kawa on January 2nd, 2020, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 9:26 pm Hi balala

Your sample code for drop-down list is really brilliant. Especially, use of OnUnfocusOption and technique for switching list group are suggestive for me. I will borrow the idea for my skin. :-)
Thanks for the kind words. :bow:
If Maebure will take a look and will say it's an approach which matches his desire, further improvements are definitely possible. For instance an animated opening / closing of the list. But first I'm waiting his reply, to know if I'm on the good way on what he wants.
Even if I'm not, but you want, adding thos features are also possible. Just please let me know.
mak_kawa wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 9:26 pm Hi Maebure
"especialy when your vocabulary is poor"... you mean my vocabulary is poor? Exactly, you are right. :D
No, he definitely talked about his own vocabulary, because:
Maebure wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 12:38 am PS : sorry, i'm one of those French who speak English like i've never study the language :great: