It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:33 am

[SOLVED] Skins Appear on Top of Windows

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skins Appear on Top of Windows

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: December 31st, 2019, 6:13 am Hi Mor3bane

OnRefreshAction launches on skin refreshing, not updating.
Right. Users should avoid messing up the refresh and the update. These are completely different notions.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: December 31st, 2019, 11:08 am Right. Users should avoid messing up the refresh and the update. These are completely different notions.
Got it.

I simply try to avoid having bangs attached to something that is not intentionally controlled specifically. So I jumped but alas, was not wholly correct.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
kiko1801

Post by kiko1801 »

Mor3bane wrote: December 27th, 2019, 8:54 pm Ok, so that behaviour is not inexplicable.

So, from what you wrote, I made the determination that the process of events were that you have clicked on the desktop during the app (chrome right?) loading. In so doing you essentially put the focus there, and that is where rainmeter exists primarily. I see the same thing quite often as it is just a kind of habit from early days of my PC usage - I forget why but ya. Anyways you can add yet another snippet of code into your culprit skin.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
MouseOverAction=[!ZPos "-2"]
Doing that will simply require moving the mouse (over the skin) rather than asserting focus back onto the application with a mouse-click - which in some cases can cause issues with an application on occasion (thats the reason, i remember now) during initialisation.

The drawback is if there are other skins that are meant to be 'in front' of the culprit skin that !ZPos bang might not be the best option.

If there is any other behaviour during your observations, just let us know - someone will likely have other options.
Done adding this code and it's actually work. Thank you so much for this.
balala wrote: December 27th, 2019, 9:17 pm Yeah, you might have right, however would be extremely nice if when users ask something, would come back with a reply. In many cases people are asking something and although they get one or more reply, they never come back, to let us know if the replies were helpful or not, to answer the questions arisen in meantime or so on.
Sorry if I seem discourteous telling this, but I am very upset in such cases.
Sorry i haven't replied until now. Got so much work to do lately and forgot to check this forum. Sorry.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kiko1801 wrote: January 5th, 2020, 9:05 am Sorry i haven't replied until now. Got so much work to do lately and forgot to check this forum.
You don't even have to check it. You can use the email notification if you turn it on, by checking the "Notify me when a reply is posted" checkbox below the field in which you're writing your reply. Or even better you can set it to go on by default. For this you have to open the Settings of your account, click the "Board preferences" tab, open "Edit posting defaults" on left, then set to Yes on "Notify me upon replies by default". This way you always will know when you get replies.