It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:49 am

Different positions for my skins in different resolutions?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
deafff

Different positions for my skins in different resolutions?

Post by deafff »

So, i have some skins downloaded and they work perfectly fine on my pc, but whenever i conect my pc to a tv though an HDMI, the resolution changes and with it, the position of the skins, is there a way to config a position for the skins for each resolution?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Different positions for my skins in different resolutions?

Post by balala »

deafff wrote: December 27th, 2019, 7:25 pm So, i have some skins downloaded and they work perfectly fine on my pc, but whenever i conect my pc to a tv though an HDMI, the resolution changes and with it, the position of the skins, is there a way to config a position for the skins for each resolution?
I suppose RainRez might help. I didn't try it out, but it seems it has been created to do exactly what you need: set given layout, depending on the current resolution.
lysy1993lbn

Re: Different positions for my skins in different resolutions?

Post by lysy1993lbn »

Not sure if it helps in your case, but you can determine skins position relatively "automatically" aligning percentually or from the right or bottom edge with WindowX, WindowY and AnchorX, AnchorY in main config file.

I've set my layout years ago, and use it on several machines on different resolutions with success without need to align anything further.

Example if you want certain skin to be perfectly center on your screen regardless of resolution

Code: Select all

[skin]
Active=1
WindowX=50%
WindowY=50%
AnchorX=50%
AnchorY=50%
Or if you'd like it in the right bottom corner or the screen (note you'll need to know your skin's size in pixels), so for example if the skin is 180 by 180 px and you'd like a 20px margin from the edges

Code: Select all

[skin]
Active=1
WindowX=200R
WindowY=200B