It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:44 am

RainLexer 2.20.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RainLexer 2.9.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by jsmorley »

oZone wrote: December 12th, 2019, 7:23 pm So I tried to implemented it, so far it works.
I haven't checked if there are another deprecated items, so there may some missing.
I decided to use for deprecated items same coloring as valid items, but italic font to differentiate them.
Looks good to me. I have committed and released.

Thanks one more time for your help!

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=6336&p=40071#p40071

It should be noted that this will "add" the new sections to your existing RainLexer.xml, and will not alter any settings you have already customized as long as you don't select "Reset style settings" when installing. The new sections will have the default color and font settings defined by oZone, so if you have custom colors you might want to change the new ones to better fit in with your selections. Maybe you want "deprecated" items to be in an entirely different color, go for it! I might, since it will help me spot them when I'm helping someone with their code.

Yay!
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oZone

Re: RainLexer 2.9.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by oZone »

I think I may have overdone it.

Here is RainLexer with better number highlighting.
File Removed
Other changes
1) '|' pipe coloring when using option that use it as delimiter.
2) tweaks for nested syntax and support for character variables
3) shape and inlinesetting options now use valid/invalid coloring for their values
4) path option was accidently added in deprecated keywords
5) added some missing keywords
6) tweaks related to EOL and EOF
7) tweaks to deprecated items detection
8) tweaks to section coloring
9) other small tweaks (this is all I can recall now :D)
Last edited by oZone on December 22nd, 2019, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RainLexer 2.11.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by jsmorley »

Committed and posted. Thanks once again!
oZone

Post by oZone »

New update here, allow stringindex to use number highlighting and mainly code cleaning.
rainlexer-master.zip
This may be last update here. I am going to learn how to use pull request to make it easier to update plugin.

These files/folder can be deleted:
"ThirdParty\Scintilla\lexlib\PropSetSimple.cpp" - empty file, maybe accidently created
"ThirdParty\NotepadPlusPlus\DockingFeature" - RainLexer don't use this, it should be safe to delete it

In case I won't be able to answer here.
Notepad++ allows to use only 9 keywordclasses in RainLexer.xml.
To bypass this, additional keywordclasses are now defined in lexer.h (const std::set<std::string>).

This should be my last post here in this year.
Wish you a merry Christmas and happy New Year 2020 :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

oZone wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 4:05 pm New update here, allow stringindex to use number highlighting and mainly code cleaning.
rainlexer-master.zip
This may be last update here. I am going to learn how to use pull request to make it easier to update plugin.

These files/folder can be deleted:
"ThirdParty\Scintilla\lexlib\PropSetSimple.cpp" - empty file, maybe accidently created
"ThirdParty\NotepadPlusPlus\DockingFeature" - RainLexer don't use this, it should be safe to delete it

In case I won't be able to answer here.
Notepad++ allows to use only 9 keywordclasses in RainLexer.xml.
To bypass this, additional keywordclasses are now defined in lexer.h (const std::set<std::string>).

This should be my last post here in this year.
Wish you a merry Christmas and happy New Year 2020 :D
When I delete that file and folder, the build blows up. I think the project file references one or both of them. I put them back and it builds fine.

The more serious problem right now is that the installer is not obeying the "Reset style settings" checkbox for all the new stuff you added. I change them in my local installation, but if I install it again, those new colors and font settings are defaulting to what you set. This needs to be fixed, so changes users make to the styles are not lost when they update.
oZone

Post by oZone »

jsmorley wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 4:36 pm When I delete that file and folder, the build blows up. I think the project file references one or both of them. I put them back and it builds fine.

The more serious problem right now is that the installer is not obeying the "Reset style settings" checkbox for all the new stuff you added. I change them in my local installation, but if I install it again, those new colors and font settings are defaulting to what you set. This needs to be fixed, so changes users make to the styles are not lost when they update.
When I delete them I can build normally, I've even searched through all files to find reference nothing at all.
Make sure that it is "PropSetSimple.cpp" and not "PropSetSimple.cxx"

I think this is because of nsis
Could you try this
Installer.zip
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

oZone wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 5:11 pm When I delete them I can build normally, I've even searched through all files to find reference nothing at all.
Make sure that it is "PropSetSimple.cpp" and not "PropSetSimple.cxx"

I think this is because of nsis
Could you try this Installer.zip
That seems to have fixed both issues! I had indeed deleted PropSetSimple.cxx before. This also corrects the update style issue.

Thanks!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RainLexer 2.12.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by jsmorley »

Committed and posted!
oZone

Post by oZone »

jsmorley wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 5:25 pm That seems to have fixed both issues! I had indeed deleted PropSetSimple.cxx before. This also corrects the update style issue.

Thanks!
Cool.

This is why I am going to use pull request next time.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

oZone wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 5:32 pm Cool.

This is why I am going to use pull request next time.
Yeah, then I can just use a .patch locally to test things before I merge the pull request.

Just be sure to let me know here when you do one, as I don't keep a close eye on that on github.