It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:22 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
pul53dr1v3r

Re: ModernGadgets 1.6.2

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

raiguard wrote: November 16th, 2019, 6:07 am Sorry I'm late to the party! Glad it got sorted out. Thanks everyone for helping out! :D
welcome back (if someone else isn't hacked the profile). :welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: November 16th, 2019, 5:37 pm (if someone else isn't hacked the profile)
No, no one hacked nothing: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33437&p=167510#p167510
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

just noticed the bug by accident: Image
The cause of the moonset time inaccuracy is possibly because of not taking into account daylight saving time change.
But even so, it isn't quite accurate. :???:

@Silver

The moon animation on your skin is missing in this case while the times are fine.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Gah, I hate DST. I thought I fixed all of these issues! :/

I should tell you though that the script I'm using is inherently flawed. The moon time formulas are not as robust as professional ones, so it can get up to fifteen minutes off in some cases. However, the script includes a bunch of other awesome stuff (like moon view angle), so I kept it. I plan to replace it with a Meeus implementation in the future.

Thanks!
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: December 13th, 2019, 8:13 pm @Silver
The moon animation on your skin is missing in this case while the times are fine.
Hi Pul53dr1v3r! The [not Modern]Gadgets Weather Meter doesn't actually have a moon animation like raiguard's suite does. Perhaps I should add it in a future version, that would be a nice addition.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

raiguard wrote: December 13th, 2019, 9:20 pm
the moon script (adapted by balala) that i'm using in my Sun-Moon skin has completely the same times in comparison with weather.com and www.timeanddate.com while the moon angle is missing. Don't know the authors of the algorithm but it does just the job.
i'm paying a bit more attention at accuracy lately. i've also noticed not a small difference in the data accuracy provided via weather.com wxdata feed and weather.com site.
For now, according to my tests, data on the site are more accurate, sometimes much more, at least for the tested area.
It includes temperatures, weather conditions, wind direction and air pressure. But any of them can mislead us at times.
SilverAzide wrote: December 14th, 2019, 12:52 am
Hi Silver. yes, it's a different suite from MG but i kind of thought the scripts used for the astronomical data are the same, just slightly modified by raiguard. But i was wrong. That's why i compared the data between the two and put them together on the pic.
And, believe it or not, i noticed that moon animation is missing just after i submitted the post. :Whistle
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: December 14th, 2019, 9:15 am the moon script (adapted by balala) that i'm using in my Sun-Moon skin has completely the same times in comparison with weather.com and www.timeanddate.com while the moon angle is missing. Don't know the authors of the algorithm but it does just the job.
Nor me, but definitely I am not the author. I downloaded those scripts from this forum, but unfortunately I don't anymore know where and when from.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: December 14th, 2019, 9:15 am
Yeah no, I used a completely different sun/moon script from the original. Mine is the SunCalc javascript library translated to LUA and adapted for Rainmeter. SunCalc has known issues with the moon times and at one point, the author was going to rewrite it using Meeus equations, but he never got around to it.

Like I said, at some point I'm going to make a Meeus Rainmeter implementation. Once I get around to that it will be much more accurate. The problem right now is that Meeus equations are a bajillion times more complicated, so it'll take a while (especially since you can't require files in Rainmeter... ugh).
balala wrote: December 14th, 2019, 3:51 pm
At least for your Mirage suite, the sun/moon calculations script is actually SunCalc, which you asked me if you could use a while ago. So it'll have the same accuracy issues as ModernGadgets is having. :/
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

raiguard wrote: December 14th, 2019, 11:54 pm At least for your Mirage suite, the sun/moon calculations script is actually SunCalc, which you asked me if you could use a while ago. So it'll have the same accuracy issues as ModernGadgets is having. :/
And you are the author of that script? As said, I know I've downloaded it more years ago, however unfortunately I have no idea who is the author. Now looking to the .lua files I'm using into the mentioned Mirage suite, one of them is signed by you, so indeed I think you are the author. Congratulations, all those script files are great, working flawlessly. Good work. :great:
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

@raiguard
i think that balala has used your script just for Moon Phase and Angle calculations while
the times are obtained from Moon.lua and Sun.lua.