It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:59 am

shapes and average

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mak_kawa

Re: shapes and average

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

You are right...But;

Gibbs's Rule 25: If can not judge to add or not, add it!
Sorry, joking, and my bad English. :-)
Such redundant things I often do in Rainmeter coding are... DynamicVariables=1, IfCondition(or Match)Mode=1, and the section variable brackets. What a noob!!
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi ItsJustRyan

Besides my attempts, I have a question. Why do you stick to shape meter? BarOrientation=Horizontal and Flip=1 options in Bar meter is not what you want?

Or...do you want to rotate CPU temperature bar to free angle, such as 45 degree? If so, shape meter seems to be a good solution. I have tested rotation in Bar meter using BarImage option, but it ended up with unexpected result (ImageRotate option bug? spec?).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: December 5th, 2019, 6:26 am Such redundant things I often do in Rainmeter coding are... DynamicVariables=1, IfCondition(or Match)Mode=1, and the section variable brackets.
Although setting the dynamic variables generally is not a too great problem, setting the IfConditionMode / IfMatchMode in some cases might create extremely great problems (read the Note here and here).
mak_kawa wrote: December 5th, 2019, 6:26 am What a noob!!
You, a noob? I don't think so...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: December 5th, 2019, 11:05 am Or...do you want to rotate CPU temperature bar to free angle, such as 45 degree? If so, shape meter seems to be a good solution. I have tested rotation in Bar meter using BarImage option, but it ended up with unexpected result (ImageRotate option bug? spec?).
Any kind of meter can be rotated with any angle and around any anchor point, through TransformationMatrix. Although not too easy, TransformationMatrix is an extremely powerful option, with a lot of things it can do. Don't be afraid to use it, it's not so hard as it seems at a first look.
Interested?
ItsJustRyan

Post by ItsJustRyan »

I probably did some dumb sh*t which made it not work lmao
Also, I've read up the transformation matrix before, although i thought that the updated shape meter removed the need.
ItsJustRyan

Post by ItsJustRyan »

mak_kawa wrote: December 5th, 2019, 11:05 am Hi ItsJustRyan

Besides my attempts, I have a question. Why do you stick to shape meter? BarOrientation=Horizontal and Flip=1 options in Bar meter is not what you want?

Or...do you want to rotate CPU temperature bar to free angle, such as 45 degree? If so, shape meter seems to be a good solution. I have tested rotation in Bar meter using BarImage option, but it ended up with unexpected result (ImageRotate option bug? spec?).

I had failed to consider that xD.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

Thanks for suggestion.

Interested, but...TranformationMatrix....That is what I fear most among Rainmeter functions. :-)
Reading about that in Rainmeter document, I feel gibberish (ChinpunKanpun in Japnaene)...
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

No, I have a feeling that I am still a noob in Rainmeter world.
I am always stumbling on RegExp, IfCondition, Substitute, !EnableMeasure...every day, every time I write/modify Rainmeter code.
"Why, why doesn't this code work?!"
"Where does this error come from?"
"I can't figure out!!"

It's just a nightmare.
But, I am enjoying this Rainmeter nightmare. :-)

Sorry for OT post > ItsJustRyan.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: December 6th, 2019, 11:50 am Interested, but...TranformationMatrix....That is what I fear most among Rainmeter functions. :-)
Reading about that in Rainmeter document, I feel gibberish (ChinpunKanpun in Japnaene)...
Yes, I think a lot of people are afraid of TransformationMatrix, matrices and some other mathematical calculation being involved, but if you try working with it, after a while you'll see it's not so hard as it seems at a first look.
The Shape meters are probably indeed easier to be rotated by their Rotate parameter. This technique has another great advantage in front of TransformationMatrix, the fact that if more shapes are used into one single Shape meter, with Rotate you can rotate just one of them, or can rotate the different shapes with different angles and so on. All these can't be done with TransformationMatrix.
However the Rotate parameter is available only on Shape meters, older meters (like String, Bar, or whatever else) can't use it. The most convenient way to rotate these meters in my opinion is TransformationMatrix. You can freely set the rotation angle, as well as the anchor point.
Unfortunately right now I have no enough time (due some other things I have to do) but a little bit later I'll post an example you to see what am I talking about.
Stay tuned, if interested...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TransformationMatrix is the devil's work... ;-)

giphy.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.