It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 7:52 am

[Bug?]Bar meter and ImageRotate

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
mak_kawa

[Bug?]Bar meter and ImageRotate

Post by mak_kawa »

I am not sure if this is a bug or not. Just report.

In Bar meter, when set BarImage= and ImageRotate= options, bar end is cut vertically as knife shape. See the attachment. Of course, this cut shape is not in Bar.png.
test.gif

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=192,192,192,192
SkinWidth=100
SkinHeight=100

[MeasureMax]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(Random/100)
LowBound=0
HighBound=100
DynamicVariables=1

[meterbar]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureMax
BarImage=Bar.png
SolidColor=128,128,128
BarOrientation=Horizontal
X=5
Y=5
ImageRotate=45
AntiAlias=1
Same rotation in Image meter works fine. My Rainmeter version is 4.3.1.3321 (64-bit). And "Use hardware acceleration" option does not affect the result.
Sorry if I am missing something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mak_kawa on December 6th, 2019, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [Bug?]Bar meter and ImageRotate

Post by jsmorley »

mak_kawa wrote: December 6th, 2019, 12:46 am I am not sure if this is a bug or not. Just report.

In Bar meter, when set BarImage= and ImageRotate= options, bar end is cut vertically as knife shape. See the attachment. Of course, this cut shape is not in Bar.png.
test.gif

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=192,192,192,192
SkinWidth=100
SkinHeight=100

[MeasureMax]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(Random/100)
LowBound=0
HighBound=100
DynamicVariables=1

[meterbar]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureMax
BarImage=Bar.png
SolidColor=128,128,128
BarOrientation=Horizontal
X=5
Y=5
ImageRotate=45
AntiAlias=1
Same rotation in Image meter works fine. My Rainmeter version is 4.3.1.3321 (64-bit). And "Use hardware acceleration" option does not affect the result.
Sorry if I am missing something.
That's because you are rotating the "image" but you can't rotate the Bar meter functionality.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi jsmorley

Thank you for instant reply.

I understand what you say, but honestly in fact maybe I don't understand exactly. :-)
Anyway, this matter is not my serious problem at all. And there are some alternative methods like Shape and (possibly?) Rotator meters. So, I closed this thread.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

mak_kawa wrote: December 6th, 2019, 1:44 am Hi jsmorley

Thank you for instant reply.

I understand what you say, but honestly in fact maybe I don't understand exactly. :-)
Anyway, this matter is not my serious problem at all. And there are some alternative methods like Shape and (possibly?) Rotator meters. So, I closed this thread.
The thing to remember is that the Bar meter itself will always be a rectangle, defined by the starting W and H of the image that is in it. That won't change if you rotate the image inside the meter, it will still be a horizontal or vertical square or rectangle, that will be "revealed" to the point of the measure's percentage. That is why when you rotate that image 45 degrees, you get a "miter" of 45 degrees on the trailing edge. It's being cut off by meter itself.

2.png

It's possible you could do something with TransformationMatrix to achieve this. Not sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

I was (am?) stupid...it is obvious reason.
Thank you for explanation, again.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Even Bar meters (or any other type of meter) can be rotated with TransformationMatrix: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34117&start=20#p168879
In the above link an Image meter is rotated, but you can freely use the same technique on a Bar meter as well.