It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:32 pm

Option for Text Format - PoSsIbLe? [solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Option for Text Format - PoSsIbLe? [solved]

Post by Mor3bane »

Hello RM fans and friends, I am here once again to ask yet another question about Text Meters.

So, out of the StringCase values of None, Upper, Lower, and Proper - why is there not an "Exact" Value, where what appears in the Text Option Value is how it is displayed?

E.g. ThE BiG cOwW, or whatever this would avoid complex InlineOptions, where there is for example "Favourite Game SWTOR" and have that value display "Exact"?

Did I miss that somewhere?

Please tell me I did.
Last edited by Mor3bane on November 29th, 2019, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Jeff

Re: Option for Text Format - PoSsIbLe?

Post by Jeff »

I think InLineOptions are done after all the other old GDI+ options (FontWeight, FontSize, FontEffect etc.) that RM had before, it just takes what has been done before and applies the InLine on top of those. I mean it should be like this if this is anything to go by. (not sure if patterns are based on old or new formated text though)

I would not be oposed to the idea of StringCase=Exact, which would be just a special case that reverts any InLineSetting=Case
I mean, can't you just set the StringCase to None? None does exactly nothing to what is displayed and sounds like your best fit if you want to display what you originally wrote in the Text option field.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote: November 29th, 2019, 9:36 am Hello RM fans and friends, I am here once again to ask yet another question about Text Meters.

So, out of the StringCase values of None, Upper, Lower, and Proper - why is there not an "Exact" Value, where what appears in the Text Option Value is how it is displayed?

E.g. ThE BiG cOwW, or whatever this would avoid complex InlineOptions, where there is for example "Favourite Game SWTOR" and have that value display "Exact"?

Did I miss that somewhere?

Please tell me I did.
I don't follow how this is different than the default "None".
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

jsmorley wrote: November 29th, 2019, 12:54 pm I don't follow how this is different than the default "None".
Well, I am using a vanilla text meter with default e.g. not set in specific StringCase at all.

It did not occur to me to use StringCase=None. Trying it now...

Well, it was indeed that simple.

In two examples of needing to specify:-
a) I stupidly has StringCase=Proper in one instance
b) I did not specify in another

solution=specify.

Problem=Solved.

Thanks jsmorely, I need to be more thorough :oops:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote: November 29th, 2019, 1:36 pm Well, I am using a vanilla text meter with default e.g. not set in specific StringCase at all.

It did not occur to me to use StringCase=None. Trying it now...

Well, it was indeed that simple.

In two examples of needing to specify:-
a) I stupidly has StringCase=Proper in one instance
b) I did not specify in another

solution=specify.

Problem=Solved.

Thanks jsmorely, I need to be more thorough :oops:
Right. None is the default, so you don't really need to ever explicitly set that.
Mor3bane

Re: Option for Text Format - PoSsIbLe? [solved]

Post by Mor3bane »

Well, it's nice to see my 'tool text meter' (not the pop up kind) in selective case now. 3 letter acronyms were coming up in Proper case.
The weird thing is 2 letter acronym/abbreviations were properly None (odd kind of pun there...)
Well, I think I am done spamming on about text meters for today.
I actually covered a lot of ground on my RM system.

Thanks jsmorely - cheers.

FuN.
Last edited by Mor3bane on November 30th, 2019, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: November 29th, 2019, 1:46 pm Thanks to balala, and jsmorely - cheers.
Thank jsmorley, not me. I didn1t even posted a reply into this topic until now.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Well, balala, you helped, just did not realise it as information from my other 3 posts contributed to my understanding the solution. All four posts are about text meters and understanding the logic brought them all together - with your help - and jsmorely - this was just the last one to be resolved.
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: November 30th, 2019, 2:25 am Well, balala, you helped, just did not realise it as information from my other 3 posts contributed to my understanding the solution. All four posts are about text meters and understanding the logic brought them all together - with your help - and jsmorely - this was just the last one to be resolved.