It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:47 pm

Idea for option alternate to tooltip - question [working variant: solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Idea for option alternate to tooltip - question [working variant: solved]

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi, I just thought of something I would like to implement.

In a previous and recent in relative time to this query, Balala helped me with a click area highlight to show mouseover - it works great.

However, the tooltip pretty much covers the little effect, making it look cluttered visually.

Is it possible for the tooltip to be dynamically set to show in a separate skin that is a simple text meter?

Suggestions humbly welcome.
Last edited by Mor3bane on November 28th, 2019, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Idea for option alternate to tooltip - question

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: November 28th, 2019, 7:31 pm Is it possible for the tooltip to be dynamically set to show in a separate skin that is a simple text meter?
Yeah, it is, just have to take care to specify the last optional parameter in the !SetOption (probably) bang, the Config (read the Note here:
Note: Many bangs have a Config parameter. Unless otherwise specified, valid values are the config name of a currently loaded skin to be acted upon
).
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Ok, so, what I think/hope you were saying - and without my reading everything in the Bangs section of the Manual (yet) -

The Tooltip option could look like this (pseudocode):

Code: Select all

[Strike]Tooltip=[!Setoption .....][/Strike]
Ok so I am trying this - but it's not working:

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption "CentreTextLow" "Text" "Pool/Curse" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Meters\Lower Right Tooltip\Lower Right Tooltip.ini"][!UpdateMeter "CentreTextLow" "Pool/Curse" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Meters\Lower Right Tooltip\Lower Right Tooltip.ini"][!SetOption Low0 SolidColor ""][!SetOption Low0 ImageName "#@#Clicky.png"][!UpdateMeter "Low0"][!Redraw]
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

ok, figured it out:

MouseOverAction=[!WriteKeyValue "CentreTextLow" "Text" "Pool/Curse" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Meters\Lower Right Tooltip\Lower Right Tooltip.ini"][!Refresh "Round Meters\Lower Right Tooltip"][!SetOption Low0 SolidColor ""][!SetOption Low0 ImageName "#@#Clicky.png"][!UpdateMeter "Low0"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!WriteKeyValue "CentreTextLow" "Text" " " "#SKINSPATH#\Round Meters\Lower Right Tooltip\Lower Right Tooltip.ini"][!Refresh "Round Meters\Lower Right Tooltip"][!SetOption Low0 SolidColor "0,0,0,1"][!SetOption Low0 ImageName ""][!UpdateMeter "Low0"][!Redraw]
This also appears to be a few microseconds faster than the generic tooltip :D
Last edited by Mor3bane on November 28th, 2019, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: November 28th, 2019, 8:24 pm Ok, so, what I think/hope you were saying - and without my reading everything in the Bangs section of the Manual (yet) -

The Tooltip option could look like this (pseudocode):

Tooltip=[!Setoption .....]
There is no such an option as ToolTip. ToolTipText yes, ToolTip no.
Instead of talking generally, here is an example.

Skins.zip

Click either meter and you get updated the Tooltip of the other skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: November 28th, 2019, 9:13 pm There is no such an option as ToolTip. ToolTipText yes, ToolTip no.
Instead of talking generally, here is an example.

Skins.zip

Click either meter and you get updated the Tooltip of the other skin.
This is on the wrong tangent. See my simultaneous post that just precedes yours. :)
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: November 28th, 2019, 9:16 pm This is on the wrong tangent. See my simultaneous post that just precedes yours. :)
I can't say if the posted options are working or not, because I don't know how have you organized your skins / configs, but take a look to my above posted skins and I hope you'll get the idea.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Hey Balala, thanks again so much.

I have an intrinsic query.

In the !WriteKeyValue Bang when I do the empty string value e.g. " " with the space. The updated skin does not show the space. Is there a place holder type of value I can put between the double quotes?

#nbsp# does not seem to work and the effect is broken e.g. when the key value equals "#nbsp#" it does not work and the key value remains set as per mouseover.
My DevArt Gallery

Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

I also noticed, accidentally that this is not necessary:

[!SetOption Low0 SolidColor ""]
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: November 28th, 2019, 8:24 pm Ok so I am trying this - but it's not working:

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption "CentreTextLow" "Text" "Pool/Curse" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Meters\Lower Right Tooltip\Lower Right Tooltip.ini"][!UpdateMeter "CentreTextLow" "Pool/Curse" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Meters\Lower Right Tooltip\Lower Right Tooltip.ini"][!SetOption Low0 SolidColor ""][!SetOption Low0 ImageName "#@#Clicky.png"][!UpdateMeter "Low0"][!Redraw]
Don't be surprised, because the last parameter of the !SetOption and !UpdateMeter bangs is not the skin file, but the config. They are not the same at all. So, correctly the above option should be:

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption "CentreTextLow" "Text" "Pool/Curse" "Round Meters\Lower Right Tooltip"][!UpdateMeter "CentreTextLow" "Pool/Curse" "Round Meters\Lower Right Tooltip"][!SetOption Low0 SolidColor ""][!SetOption Low0 ImageName "#@#Clicky.png"][!UpdateMeter "Low0"][!Redraw]
And if the configs are given correctly (what I don't know), this should work. Does it?