It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:14 am

Slideshow possible?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
o0Julia0o

Slideshow possible?

Post by o0Julia0o »

hey, i wonder if a slideshow is possible with Rainmeter?

So on a fix position of the desktop, there would be shown pictures of a folder, one after each other.

thx!
mak_kawa

Re: Slideshow possible?

Post by mak_kawa »

Yes exactly. Followings is a sample code of "simplest" slideshow. It randomly changes JPEG images from image folder every 20 seconds.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[GetFilePath]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=QuotePlugin
PathName=(your image folder path)
Subfolders=1
FileFilter=*.jpg
UpdateDivider=20

[MeterShowPicture]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=GetFilePath
X=10
Y=10
W=400
PreserveAspectRatio=1
You can freely add functions by Rainmeter skin coding as you like.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

FYI, balala's Slideshow skin included in his skin package Mirage is a most functional slideshow skin as far as I know.
Last edited by mak_kawa on November 25th, 2019, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o0Julia0o

Post by o0Julia0o »

thank you very much! That sounds great!

I have put it into a slideshow.ini(which i have created in the folder RainmakerPortable\Skinsillustro\Slideshow), but rainmaker doesn´t show it up in the menu:

:Edit:
Now it works. I copied the Slideshowfolder with the slideshow.ini into the folder: RainmakerPortable\Slideshow

Stretching:
Cause i wan´t to have the pictures the same way i have edited this:
PreserveAspectRatio=0
But then, the pictures are cutted off. Is it possible to make the Slideshow-Windows always 700*394. And stretch(destretch) the pictures to fit in this window-size?
->
it´s done with this:
W=700
H=394

PreserveAspectRatio=0
mak_kawa wrote: November 25th, 2019, 1:15 pm You can freely add functions by Rainmeter skin coding as you like.
Where do i get the descriptions of the "x=10" and "MeasureName=GetFilePath" ?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: November 25th, 2019, 1:24 pm FYI, balala's Slideshow skin included in his skin package Mirage is a most functional skin as far as I know.
Thank you mak_kawa. Your appreciations mean a lot. :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

o0Julia0o wrote: November 25th, 2019, 1:48 pm I have put it into a slideshow.ini(which i have created in the folder RainmakerPortable\Skinsillustro\Slideshow), but rainmaker doesn´t show it up in the menu:
Well, it probably created into the RainmakerPortable\Skins\illustro\Slideshow config (as otherwise even seen in the posted screenshot).
o0Julia0o wrote: November 25th, 2019, 1:48 pm it´s done with this:
W=700
H=394

PreserveAspectRatio=0
Replace the PreserveAspectRatio value with PreserveAspectRatio=1.
o0Julia0o wrote: November 25th, 2019, 1:48 pm Where do i get the descriptions of the "x=10" and "MeasureName=GetFilePath" ?
Description of X (as well as of Y): https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/general-options/#XY
Description of MeasureName: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/general-options/#MeasureName
o0Julia0o

Post by o0Julia0o »

Thank you!
balala wrote: November 25th, 2019, 3:45 pm Replace the PreserveAspectRatio value with PreserveAspectRatio=1.
No, i don´t wan´t black places. Just stretch the picutures. So i need 0:
0: The image is scaled to exactly fit the bounds specified by W and H without regard to aspect ratio.
1: The image is scaled to fit within the bounds specified by W and/or H while preserving the aspect ratio.
-> https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/image/
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

o0Julia0o wrote: November 25th, 2019, 6:28 pm No, i don´t wan´t black places. Just stretch the picutures. So i need 0:
As you wish. But with the posted options I doubt the image is cut (cropped) out.
o0Julia0o

Post by o0Julia0o »

Oh. So what´s the difference between 0 and 1 than?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

o0Julia0o wrote: November 25th, 2019, 6:59 pm Oh. So what´s the difference between 0 and 1 than?
You mean between PreserveAspectRatio=0 and PreserveAspectRatio=1?
It's what have you posted: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/image/#PreserveAspectRatio
PreserveAspectRatio=0 means:
The image is scaled to exactly fit the bounds specified by W and H without regard to aspect ratio.
while PreserveAspectRatio=1 means:
The image is scaled to fit within the bounds specified by W and/or H while preserving the aspect ratio.
But the image is in neither case cut out.
But if you use PreserveAspectRatio=2 it definitely is, because this means:
The image is scaled and cropped to fill the bounds specified by W and/or H while preserving the aspect ratio.