It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:19 am

meter zpos bang

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Yamajac

meter zpos bang

Post by Yamajac »

I'd love to be able to move meters up so they're visible over meters that were declared later in the file. This can already be done by putting a container later in the file and using that container earlier, but that's a little bit of a pain at times.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: meter zpos bang

Post by jsmorley »

Yamajac wrote: November 16th, 2019, 11:37 pm I'd love to be able to move meters up so they're visible over meters that were declared later in the file. This can already be done by putting a container later in the file and using that container earlier, but that's a little bit of a pain at times.
We discussed this years ago, and decided against it. The intent and design of Rainmeter skins is that they be read and "executed" in the order of the skin .ini file. To do otherwise would be a radical change we decided against.
Yamajac

Post by Yamajac »

jsmorley wrote: November 16th, 2019, 11:41 pm We discussed this years ago, and decided against it. The intent and design of Rainmeter skins is that they be read and "executed" in the order of the skin .ini file. To do otherwise would be a radical change we decided against.
:( Guess I'm stuck with containers then. Thanks for the response!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yamajac wrote: November 16th, 2019, 11:44 pm :( Guess I'm stuck with containers then. Thanks for the response!
Sure thing.