It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:47 pm

skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Jeff

Re: skins

Post by Jeff »

larry wrote: November 7th, 2019, 11:42 pm my problem is how to load different skins

In the same way balala linked the documentation, it's like there's a button on the Welcome illustro skins that reddirects you to a page that says all the basics you should know. I hope you read the Welcome skin, right?
larry

Post by larry »

larry wrote: November 7th, 2019, 11:42 pm my problem is how to load different skins
I will try that and I remember that I did not download it. Because it was already in the illustro file it just came up and I always had it
larry

Post by larry »

I did what you recommended but still no success. To bad which I don't understand why rainmeter has no email or chat support. Where is the best place to get this illustro skin from?
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

larry wrote: November 8th, 2019, 1:13 am To bad which I don't understand why rainmeter has no email or chat support. Where is the best place to get this illustro skin from?
https://www.rainmeter.net/discover/
The lack of images and communications about what else you have in your skins folder isn't gonna help either in these places, in text on the forum should be just fine
larry wrote: November 8th, 2019, 1:13 am Where is the best place to get this illustro skin from?
Delete the illustro folder and reinstall Rainmeter since it dosen't update/overwrite when you install new Rainmeter versions.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

larry wrote: November 8th, 2019, 12:55 am I will try that and I remember that I did not download it. Because it was already in the illustro file it just came up and I always had it
Let's clarify a few things.
When you install Rainmeter you get the illustro package. It is the default Rainmeter skin suite. But that package has one single clock skin (illustro\Clock\Clock.ini). There are no other clocks included. That's why xenium wrote before:
xenium wrote: November 7th, 2019, 10:00 pm If the Illustro skin you are using contains more variants of clocks, it means that it is a modified version of the original Illustro skin.
Do you have a link from where you downloaded it?
Since there is one single clock, your
larry wrote: November 7th, 2019, 7:45 pm I have a skin called illustro which consist of several different clocks to choose from.
sentence doesn't make too much sense. No, illustro, at least its basic variant that comes with Rainmeter when you install it, doesn't have "several different clocks", but one single.
Not sure what had you there. I suppose another clocks, something which don't belong to the illustro package. That's why both Jeff and me have recommended you to start loading all existing clocks (or all existing skins if there are not too many), one by one, to can find the one you're interested in.
Not more help possible probably, because we have no way to figure out what have you had there loaded and what are you looking for.
larry

Post by larry »

Does Anyone know if rainmeter has chat support, if so how do access it?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

larry wrote: November 13th, 2019, 4:44 am Does Anyone know if rainmeter has chat support, if so how do access it?
You can join the Rainmeter IRC (Internet Relay Chat) session by clicking on the "WebIRC" link in "Quick Links"...
webirc.png
It may take a short time for response, but the developers monitor it pretty closely... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
larry

Post by larry »

how do I get too quick links?
Yamajac

Post by Yamajac »

larry wrote: November 13th, 2019, 5:19 am how do I get too quick links?

Click the button in the picture he sent. The 3 lines at the top left of the site.
larry

Post by larry »

The same picture just pops nothing else when i click the hamburger menu