It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:56 pm

Farewell for now

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
raiguard

Farewell for now

Post by raiguard »

Hello all. For those who don't yet know, I am leaving this community for two years. I am becoming a missionary for my religion, and won't be able to work on Rainmeter projects while I am serving. Therefore, this is my last post for the next two years.

It has been a pleasure to be with you all. Working on my Rainmeter skins has helped me limp through some rather difficult periods of my life. Instead of sitting on the couch dwelling on my problems I was able to lose myself in tinkering with Rainmeter. It has been a ton of fun!

SilverAzide, the one who made the gadgets replicas suite, will be maintaining ModernGadgets for me while I am gone. So if anything breaks, he will be able to fix it. Thanks again SilverAzide!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say goodbye, good luck, and have fun without me! If all goes well, I will return in August/September 2021. If all doesn't go well... I'll be back sooner than that. I look forward to seeing how Rainmeter has matured over the course of two years!

Thanks again for everything!

- Caleb (raiguard)
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Farewell for now

Post by balala »

Goodbye to you too, raiguard and we're waiting you back.
Good luck in your future activity, whatever it will be.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

God be with you!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

:wave :wave
You will be missed! Take care, and hopefully we will see you "later" than "sooner"! :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

:thumbup: Safe travels and best wishes!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Have a good trip and a wonderful time on your adventure.

We'll keep a light on for you.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

I'm back... that was quick!

Turns out missions are extremely difficult, and not everybody is cut out for it. Long story short, the stress of a full-time proselyting mission brought out some mental health issues that I hadn't before known I had. I was sent home so I can get help for those issues.

On the bright side, this means I can now resume my Rainmeter hobby! SilverAzide kept an eye on things for me for that little while, but now I'm able to jump back in and keep going. Thanks everybody for your support, and especially thanks SilverAzide for doing that for me!

Now, if wxdata really does go pay-only, I'll be able to panic alongside everyone else... :D
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Welcome back!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

:wave
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

raiguard wrote: November 6th, 2019, 2:04 am Now, if wxdata really does go pay-only, I'll be able to panic alongside everyone else... :D
No, I hope they won't go so. Even if a while ago it seemed they will, finally this proved to be not true. So hoping the best...
BTW welcome back...