Re: Gadgets 5.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

Very nice! :thumbup:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
kraweu

Post by kraweu »

Hello,
my CPU Temps stopped showing. I'm out of ideas, can you see why?
Thank you, your gadgets are awesome!

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

kraweu wrote: October 31st, 2019, 4:19 pm Hello,
my CPU Temps stopped showing. I'm out of ideas, can you see why?
Thank you, your gadgets are awesome!
Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! Your config looks OK, so any chance you have CoreTemp or SpeedFan running in addition to HWiNFO? If so, that has been known to cause this behavior. Take a look at the log (on the Rainmeter About dialog) and see if there are any errors.
kraweu

Post by kraweu »

SilverAzide wrote: October 31st, 2019, 11:56 pm Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! Your config looks OK, so any chance you have CoreTemp or SpeedFan running in addition to HWiNFO? If so, that has been known to cause this behavior. Take a look at the log (on the Rainmeter About dialog) and see if there are any errors.
Thanks for your help, actually there are indeed some errors, but what is ActiveNet and is this related to my problem?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

kraweu wrote: November 1st, 2019, 10:41 am Thanks for your help, actually there are indeed some errors, but what is ActiveNet and is this related to my problem?
ActiveNet is a plugin that comes with the Gadgets. It's pretty unusual to get that "error 126" error, but it happens; it usually means some Microsoft C++ libraries are missing, but this plugin is using the .NET Framework. The usual advice is to download and install the latest libraries. You can get the installer for your system here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. There are multiple installs for various versions of Visual Studio, try the 2015/2017/2019 one first; if that doesn't resolve the issue try the others (I have every one installed, and both x86 and x64, probably because I installed Visual Studio). After installing and rebooting, see if this resolves the error. If so, this will resolve the problem you noticed with the temps.
CPPF.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kraweu

Post by kraweu »

SilverAzide wrote: November 1st, 2019, 11:21 pm ActiveNet is a plugin that comes with the Gadgets. It's pretty unusual to get that "error 126" error, but it happens; it usually means some Microsoft C++ libraries are missing, but this plugin is using the .NET Framework. The usual advice is to download and install the latest libraries. You can get the installer for your system here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. There are multiple installs for various versions of Visual Studio, try the 2015/2017/2019 one first; if that doesn't resolve the issue try the others (I have every one installed, and both x86 and x64, probably because I installed Visual Studio). After installing and rebooting, see if this resolves the error. If so, this will resolve the problem you noticed with the temps.

CPPF.jpg
Thanks for the help. I found the problem. The ActiveNet.dll was missing somehow, I redownloaded/reinstalled the skin and it works again.
pul53dr1v3r

Gadgets 5.1.0 translation mistakes

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

i found a few mistakes with translation of Serbian language so if you wish, pls correct them for those who use it:

incorrect ->   correct
1. Svitanje - Izlazak Sunca (Svitanje = Dawn, but Dawn is different from sunrise. Izlazak Sunca = sunrise)
2. Zalazak - Zalazak Sunca (Zalazak - ??set, while Zalazak Sunca = sunset)
3. DayLength - Dužina dana (has not been not translated at all)
4. Месец - Izlazak Meseca (Месец = the Moon, but the time is missing while Izlazak Meseca = Moonrise. Also, it uses Cyrilic alphabet (it can be used) while most of the labels are using Latin )
5. Моонсет - Zalazak Meseca (Моонсет = Cyrilic version of english :???: ).
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.1.0 translation mistakes

Post by SilverAzide »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: November 26th, 2019, 8:13 pm i found a few mistakes with translation of Serbian language so if you wish, pls correct them for those who use it:
Thank you for the feedback! This is exactly the help needed, but unfortunately the translations you supplied are MUCH too long to fit in the tiny space available. The "Day Length" translation will work fine, but the others need to be radically shortened (see below). Most of the translation were done with Google Translate, so many of them don't really work. If you would like to contribute to the translation, it would be great if you could correct the entries in the Weather_SR.inc file as needed, I'd really appreciate it!

WM-SR.jpg
WM-SR2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

Ok, i've done it. It's not just a raw translation from English but adaptation to the meteorologists terminology in SR when the translation sounds not so good.
There were significantly more than the 5 strings to be corrected. Almost 3/4 of them. The strings length should be appropriate now as well.
But if you see sth wrong, let me know. It's almost impossible for me to do sth no mistake. :Whistle

Download file
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: November 27th, 2019, 5:30 pm Ok, i've done it. It's not just a raw translation from English but adaptation to the meteorologists terminology in SR when the translation sounds not so good.
There were significantly more than the 5 strings to be corrected. Almost 3/4 of them. The strings length should be appropriate now as well.
But if you see sth wrong, let me know. It's almost impossible for me to do sth no mistake. :Whistle
This is AWESOME. Thank you very much! A bronze statue in your honor will be erected in the Great Hall of Gadget Heroes, or at the very least you'll be given full credits. Your efforts are appreciated!

(Your translation will be included in the next release. :) )