It is currently April 24th, 2024, 4:43 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
kanlkrain

Re: ModernGadgets 1.6.2

Post by kanlkrain »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: November 1st, 2019, 11:50 am it's not missing but wrongly named. Just go to the image location (C:\Users\User\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\ModernGadgets\@Resources\Assets\Images\weather) and
rename the image fa-sun-haze into fa-haze.
Got it, thanks.

*Edit* - Is it a better solution to edit Skins > ModernGadgets > WeatherMeter > Forecast > Forecast.ini from "fa-haze" to "fa-sun-haze"?. As the latter is more descriptive of the .png file.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

kanlkrain wrote: November 1st, 2019, 2:43 pm Is it a better solution to edit Skins > ModernGadgets > WeatherMeter > Forecast > Forecast.ini from "fa-haze" to "fa-sun-haze"?. As the latter is more descriptive of the .png file.
it doesn't matter. You can name it however you want. Just take care to match the image name, or that the image name matches the name to substitute under the weather condition number in the variable (conditionCodeSubstitute=). In this case the condition number is "^21$":"fa-haze", it stands for more variations of the hazy weather condition (for instance: haze, haze sun, haze moon...). So the icon should be appropriate for all of the possible variants. There is still not full list of all the variations, but the most important are discussed here.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=23169&start=50#p165857

And as you can see in the variable, raiguard merged some of the 47 conditions to use 1 image, as the conditions are more or less similar: "^(3|4|37|38|39|45|47)$":"fa-thunderstorm" but you can split it and add an image to any of them.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

kanlkrain wrote: November 1st, 2019, 4:18 am SilverAzide, thanks for fielding questions whiles Raiguard is away.

I believe that fa-haze.png is missing from @Resources>Assets>Images>weather, as WeatherMeter is currently showing a blank space where the weather graphics should be. I'm currently working around the problem by copying and renaming one of the other png file to fa-haze.png.
Pul53dr1v3r wrote: November 1st, 2019, 11:50 am it's not missing but wrongly named. Just go to the image location (C:\Users\User\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\ModernGadgets\@Resources\Assets\Images\weather) and
rename the image fa-sun-haze into fa-haze.
Thanks for the feedback kanlkrain, and thanks for the debug, Pul53dr1v3r! I will correct this in the next version. Until then, the simplest fix is to rename the image file per Pul53dr1v3r's suggestion from "fa-sun-haze.png" to "fa-haze.png" (there is no reference to "fa-sun-haze.png", so this file is never used otherwise). Also note that "fa-smog.png" is never used, so you could rename this file to "fa-haze.png" if you prefer that graphic instead.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
unknownsoldierx

Post by unknownsoldierx »

I've had a problem with Weather (I'm using extra large). For the past few weeks, It rarely shows the correct current temperature. Most of the time it has been showing 0°F for the current temp as well as the high for the day. At the moment, the temp is 26°F, but the skin says it is 0°F. Also says the high is 0 and the low is 19. Haven't noticed any problems with the 4 day forcast.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

unknownsoldierx wrote: November 15th, 2019, 2:18 am For the past few weeks, It rarely shows the correct current temperature. Most of the time it has been showing 0°F for the current temp as well as the high for the day. At the moment, the temp is 26°F, but the skin says it is 0°F. Also says the high is 0 and the low is 19. Haven't noticed any problems with the 4 day forcast.
No such issue for me with the ModernGadgets I have. Where have you downloaded yours? Post a link please.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

unknownsoldierx wrote: November 15th, 2019, 2:18 am I've had a problem with Weather (I'm using extra large). For the past few weeks, It rarely shows the correct current temperature. Most of the time it has been showing 0°F for the current temp as well as the high for the day. At the moment, the temp is 26°F, but the skin says it is 0°F. Also says the high is 0 and the low is 19. Haven't noticed any problems with the 4 day forcast.
Not sure what you mean by "I'm using extra large"... there's only one Weather Meter skin, not ones with different sizes. If you are using a legit ModernGadgets skin, then let us know your weather location code. Issues like the one you are having is almost always bad data from the weather.com feed.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
kanlkrain

Post by kanlkrain »

SilverAzide wrote: November 15th, 2019, 11:00 pm Not sure what you mean by "I'm using extra large"... there's only one Weather Meter skin, not ones with different sizes. If you are using a legit ModernGadgets skin, then let us know your weather location code. Issues like the one you are having is almost always bad data from the weather.com feed.
I believe a Scaling factor was added to "Global Settings" with the v1.6.x versions that increases or decreases the size of the widgets. Try an adjacent location code to rule out bad data from weather.com?
unknownsoldierx

Post by unknownsoldierx »

Well, this is embarrassing. I'm still newish to Rainmeter and messing with different skins and I got ModernGadgets and a similar skin confused. Posted about it before having my coffee. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Sorry I'm late to the party! Glad it got sorted out. Thanks everyone for helping out! :D
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

unknownsoldierx wrote: November 16th, 2019, 3:57 am Well, this is embarrassing. I'm still newish to Rainmeter and messing with different skins and I got ModernGadgets and a similar skin confused. Posted about it before having my coffee. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
Don't worry, it happens sometimes. If still need help, please start a new topic into the Help: Rainmeter Skins thread. Be careful not to forget to post a link where we can download the skin.