It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:19 am

Modular Taskbar 0.1

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
ShavedJesus

Modular Taskbar 0.1

Post by ShavedJesus »

Hello everyone,

I want to share my first work for Rainmeter, inspired by @arkenthera.
I give him some credits for part of the code, the rest has been made with MSDN, tutorials and other people sharing around the world.

Tha skin is simple and already seen around, it makes your taskbars transparent or you can set also with blur behind (like in old Windows 7).
Please, find any other detail on DeviantArt and also the code on GitHub.

The skin is working properly on 2 monitors, I also fixed a know issue when the user lock and unlock the screen.
There is just one issue pending. With some fullscreen applications, the taskbar is forced to retrieve the main Windows theme color. I made a workaround, when it happens you can just click on the taskbar and it will refreshes.

Feel free to ask anything and to work on the project as you wish.
I commented the code as much as I could, but I'm here to explain if there is something unclear. It is written in C# btw.

Here's an example:

Enjoy!
Last edited by ShavedJesus on October 20th, 2019, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Modular Taskbar 0.1

Post by jsmorley »

Very cool.

One thing I would point out is that if you load this, and then unload it, your Windows taskbar will go a bit wonky. It will then be set to a solid black color, until you either stop and restart Explorer, or restart the computer. Then it will reset to the accent colors you have set in Windows.

Here is a batch file that will restart Explorer if anyone wants / needs it.

RestartExplorer.bat:

Code: Select all

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
TIMEOUT /T 3
start explorer.exe
ShavedJesus

Post by ShavedJesus »

Thanks for your answer!

Oh, I didn't notice this behavior, maybe because I use solid black as usual for windows theme. :lol:
I will fix it, thanks a lot.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Great. One note: Be sure you update AssemblyInfo.cs with a new version number, so it will be replaced by SkinInstaller.
ShavedJesus

Post by ShavedJesus »

jsmorley wrote: October 20th, 2019, 3:59 pm Great. One note: Be sure you update AssemblyInfo.cs with a new version number, so it will be replaced by SkinInstaller.
ok, thank you very much. Should it be done on every fix/modification? I will raise the version on any major update.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ShavedJesus wrote: October 20th, 2019, 4:05 pm ok, thank you very much. Should it be done on every fix/modification? I will raise the version on any major update.
Yes, any time you make any change at all and want to distribute it, you need to increment the version. It can be just any minor version number, but SkinInstaller uses the "properties" of the resulting .dll file to determine if the plugin is older, newer, or the same as what is already on the user's system, and will not by default install anything it sees as older or the same.

This is based on the [assembly: AssemblyVersion()] entry in AssemblyInfo.cs.

So you can simply change yours to:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("0.0.0.2")]

As an aside, that's a lot of granularity in your version number... ;-)

I'd be tempted to use:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("0.2.0.0")]

or:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("0.0.2.0")]

But it doesn't really matter....
ShavedJesus

Post by ShavedJesus »

Yeah, got it. :)

Thank you very much for the hint!
jsmorley wrote: October 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm Yes, any time you make any change at all and want to distribute it, you need to increment the version. It can be just any minor version number, but SkinInstaller uses the "properties" of the resulting .dll file to determine if the plugin is older, newer, or the same as what is already on the user's system, and will not by default install anything it sees as older or the same.

This is based on the [assembly: AssemblyVersion()] entry in AssemblyInfo.cs.

So you can simply change yours to:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("0.0.0.2")]

As an aside, that's a lot of granularity in your version number... ;-)

I'd be tempted to use:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("0.2.0.0")]

or:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("0.0.2.0")]

But it doesn't really matter....
Hi.
Where do you experience the shutter? It works nice on my desktop :confused:
dvo wrote: October 20th, 2019, 6:12 pm nice job :) ( just start the Modular Taskbar and move your mouse from left to right fast )
mouse stutters on movement .... like all in rainmeter... a freeze for a few miliseconds .... so don't put it in rainmeter..... :Whistle
make it a lose .exe