It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:02 am

Rainmeter stopped working

General topics related to Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter stopped working

Post by balala »

Vertigo_43 wrote: October 15th, 2019, 5:15 pm Yes I have. The other wxdata weather skins won't load. As I previously stated, I have a skin that uses Foreca and it's working fine :confused:
Beside jsmorley advice to wait a while, you might try another weather code. For instance try my code: ROXX0035. Does it work?
Vertigo_43

Post by Vertigo_43 »

balala wrote: October 15th, 2019, 6:07 pm Beside jsmorley advice to wait a while, you might try another weather code. For instance try my code: ROXX0035. Does it work?
No, code doesn't work either. It must be something on my end :(
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Vertigo_43 wrote: October 15th, 2019, 7:05 pm No, code doesn't work either. It must be something on my end :(
Have you tried restarting your computer?
Vertigo_43

Post by Vertigo_43 »

balala wrote: October 15th, 2019, 7:11 pm Have you tried restarting your computer?

Yes, tried restarting computer and rainmeter, no change.
As I mentioned, I have a weather skin that uses Foreca to get its forecast, and it works perfectly fine. It was even working a few weeks ago when everyone had issues with their weather skins!

edit: Rainmeter just gave me a popup saying the program stopped responding. Closed it, reopened Rainmeter, and now my VCloudsV2 works again! :o
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Vertigo_43 wrote: October 15th, 2019, 7:12 pm Yes, tried restarting computer and rainmeter, no change.
As I mentioned, I have a weather skin that uses Foreca to get its forecast, and it works perfectly fine. It was even working a few weeks ago when everyone had issues with their weather skins!
Yep, but those skins used wxdata as weather provider, that's why they didn't work.
To be honest I don't know what to say, especially that other skins using WebParser measures are working, it seems. Unfortunately not too much ideas from my part. Maybe just a clean reinstall of Rainmeter, but I1m not sure this will help. Maybe jsmorley might help?
If you want to try out a clean install, here is the description: https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/clean-rainmeter-uninstall/
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Vertigo_43

Post by Vertigo_43 »

balala wrote: October 15th, 2019, 7:20 pm Yep, but those skins used wxdata as weather provider, that's why they didn't work.
To be honest I don't know what to say, especially that other skins using WebParser measures are working, it seems. Unfortunately not too much ideas from my part. Maybe just a clean reinstall of Rainmeter, but I1m not sure this will help. Maybe jsmorley might help?
If you want to try out a clean install, here is the description: https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/clean-rainmeter-uninstall/
:confused: :confused: :confused:
just edited my post :D
Thank you guys for walking me through some troubleshooting. :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Vertigo_43 wrote: October 15th, 2019, 7:12 pm edit: Rainmeter just gave me a popup saying the program stopped responding. Closed it, reopened Rainmeter, and now my VCloudsV2 works again! :o
Have you removed any skin? Because in such a case I suspect you had a skin with some problems, which you maybe have removed in meantime.
Vertigo_43

Post by Vertigo_43 »

balala wrote: October 15th, 2019, 7:25 pm Have you removed any skin? Because in such a case I suspect you had a skin with some problems, which you maybe have removed in meantime.
No, I didn't have anything different than when I left my computer on Friday. This was just a one off thing that just happened today
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Vertigo_43 wrote: October 15th, 2019, 7:41 pm No, I didn't have anything different than when I left my computer on Friday. This was just a one off thing that just happened today
No more ideas from my part, but it's good if you got it working, I suppose.