It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:35 am

Omnimo Weather

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Gankaku

Omnimo Weather

Post by Gankaku »

Hello everyone,

I use the Omnimo package. Everything is working but the weather. I've edited it and looked around but not exactly sure what is wrong. The author's website is no longer up.

Is there something I can fix in that weather that would work? Thanks!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Omnimo Weather

Post by eclectic-tech »

Open "Skins\WP7\Hubs\weather.ini" in a text editor.
Find the section [MeasureWeatherRSS]
Change the line:
URL=http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#WeatherCode#?cc=*&unit=#unit5#&dayf=6

To

URL=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#WeatherCode#?cc=*&unit=#unit5#&dayf=6

Save the file and "Refresh All" in Rainmeter.

If you are still having problems, let us know exactly which weather skins are not working (there are at least four variations in Omnimo) and someone may be able to offer further help.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

What weather information site does the Omnimo package use?

Probably we need at least the URL= and RegExp= expressions in your Webparser measures of Omnimo package, to figure out the issue.

PS: Sorry, eclectic-tech beats me... Ignore this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

mak_kawa wrote: October 13th, 2019, 11:11 pm What weather information site does the Omnimo package use?

Probably we need at least the URL= and RegExp= expressions in your Webparser measures of Omnimo package, to figure out the issue.

PS: Sorry, eclectic-tech beats me... Ignore this post.
No problem mak_kawa! :D
Omnimo has over 4000 items :o , but it appears to only use 1 weather measure in the skin I mentioned.
The only issue I might overlook is that my version has not been used by me for several years and something may be slightly different in the OP version. :confused:
Gankaku

Post by Gankaku »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 13th, 2019, 11:08 pm Open "Skins\WP7\Hubs\weather.ini" in a text editor.
Find the section [MeasureWeatherRSS]
Change the line:
URL=http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#WeatherCode#?cc=*&unit=#unit5#&dayf=6

To

URL=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#WeatherCode#?cc=*&unit=#unit5#&dayf=6

Save the file and "Refresh All" in Rainmeter.

If you are still having problems, let us know exactly which weather skins are not working (there are at least four variations in Omnimo) and someone may be able to offer further help.
Thank you - I did that and it didn't work. It seems that my weather.ini is here: C:\....\Rainmeter\Skins\WP7\TextItems\Weather - I'm not sure which variant it was. However, when I made the change you suggested above, it changed the panel (not opaque with a black background that displays on top of my other widgets), but did not display the weather. Maybe this one needs different code?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Gankaku wrote: October 14th, 2019, 6:36 pm Thank you - I did that and it didn't work. It seems that my weather.ini is here: C:\....\Rainmeter\Skins\WP7\TextItems\Weather - I'm not sure which variant it was. However, when I made the change you suggested above, it changed the panel (not opaque with a black background that displays on top of my other widgets), but did not display the weather. Maybe this one needs different code?
That skin is working for me. It does us some different variables. Honestly, I may have edited this long ago and forgot O.O
At this point, I would either post the code you have for that skin here and someone may see what needs to be changed, or take DVO's suggestion and download the latest version.
Gankaku

Post by Gankaku »

dvo wrote: October 14th, 2019, 8:37 pm this one is just working ........ http://omnimo.info/ :welcome: :D or do you have a other one? :oops: :confused:
Actually, that page looks fresh and new. I may have the older one but I'm not sure. It's been awhile since I updated. I will try that now and post back if that helps. Otherwise I'll post my code as suggested. Thanks!
Gankaku

Post by Gankaku »

Just FYI Updating worked. Some things are a bit different, and I have to make some adjustments, but I got pretty much my setup again, and the weather panel I use is fixed now. Thanks all!
Rohzz.123

Post by Rohzz.123 »

So hello there, iam a omnimo user and i have my omnimo weather working just fine but only for a default link. i want to display weather of my location and i visited several url's but it is just not displaying........ :confused:

so how to change a default url to the url that helps to display the weather of our location
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Rohzz.123 wrote: September 6th, 2020, 4:22 pm So hello there, iam a omnimo user and i have my omnimo weather working just fine but only for a default link. i want to display weather of my location and i visited several url's but it is just not displaying........ :confused:

so how to change a default url to the url that helps to display the weather of our location
I have no idea what URLs you're talking about, but:
- right click on the Weather skin (or "panel" or whatever they call it)
- choose Personalization from the context menu
- choose Units, Display And Fonts from the left side of the new window / skin that just opened (i.e. Omnimo UI)
- set your latitude and longitude in decimal format in the 2 boxes under the Weather Code text, in the right part of the skin, pressing Enter after each input
- close the Omnimo UI window / skin from the X button in the top right corner
- right click again on the Weather skin to open its context menu
- choose More Actions...
- choose Refresh Skin
That's all. It worked for me.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth