It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:35 pm

Rotator for shapes

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ms310

Re: Rotator for shapes

Post by ms310 »

balala wrote: October 10th, 2019, 1:44 pm Ok, now have you got it working as intended so far?
Yes! Thanks. I have the mechanics of my skin working. Now I need to think about the art - it is still too big and everything is not aligned "precisely" for scaling. This has been a great exercise to learn with great help from yourself and others!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ms310 wrote: October 11th, 2019, 2:55 am This has been a great exercise to learn with great help from yourself and others!
No, my contribution to this topic has been not too much. eclectic-tech has helped you much more.
But I'm glad if you has been able to fix much or less the issues.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

balala wrote: October 11th, 2019, 3:25 pm No, my contribution to this topic has been not too much. eclectic-tech has helped you much more.
But I'm glad if you has been able to fix much or less the issues.
Big thanks to Eclectic-Tech as always!

I went with this design for now - weather and timezones. The background has a tooltip describing the timezone colors and the weather icon has a tooltip for the weather info. When the icon tooltip comes up you can see a shadow of the timezone tooltip but it's OK - I understand that's how it works since technically the cursor is over both the background and the icon at the same time.

If I get clever I will make the circles into little flags or something to indicate which timezone each represents.
2019-10-12_13h36_26.png
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ms310 wrote: October 12th, 2019, 4:39 am I went with this design for now - weather and timezones. The background has a tooltip describing the timezone colors and the weather icon has a tooltip for the weather info. When the icon tooltip comes up you can see a shadow of the timezone tooltip but it's OK - I understand that's how it works since technically the cursor is over both the background and the icon at the same time.
Upload / post the skin, to let us to test it.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

balala wrote: October 12th, 2019, 6:04 am Upload / post the skin, to let us to test it.
Okay - thank you. It is attached. Please note: I have not cleaned up the attribution parts - this skin really has very little to do with me - the following people put in their efforts making their own skins and I have appropriated their content. I do not take credit for their work.

One request: see the graphic that is TYO - this is the timezone for Tokyo. Is it possible to make the image rotate around the circle without actually rotating the image itself? I want the text, TYO to be always be straight.

Cybergen49: https://www.deviantart.com/cybergen49/art/CyberCircle-Suite-for-Rainmeter-815752935
JSMORLEY: a lot of help and this skin - https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=23169
XXENIUM: https://www.deviantart.com/xxenium/art/Windows-10-CLOCK-795292189
Eclectic-Tech: a lot of help and this skin - https://www.deviantart.com/eclectic-tech/art/illustroWorldTime-1-0-3a-541470678
POIRU for various skins
And probably others. Please don't take offense if I have missed someone. I am not distributing this skin as my own work.
MyCircles_.rmskin
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ms310 wrote: October 13th, 2019, 4:12 am MyCircles_.rmskin
I have two comments:
  • Although this isn't too important, however WebParser is not anymore a plugin. It is an internal measure. You've used it so, on the main skin file (CircleWorldTime - tiny.ini), but as plugin in the @Resources\TimeMeasures.inc file. As said, this doesn't prevent the skin to work, but nor a good idea is. On newer skins, WebParser never should been used as plugin, only as measure.
  • The idea of your skin is good, however note that there are time zones which have a different difference by UTC, than entire hours. For instance the time zone of Tehran is UTC+3:30 (but there are others as well, like Adelaide, Darwin, Kabul, New Delhi and so on). As such, the minutes might be important in many cases. It should be added somehow to the skin.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@ms310 re: mycircle.rmskin

Looking pretty good!

A few items you might want to correct:

Section [n3] text should be "6" instead of "3" for proper time on the dial.
Your context action to open 'Settings' refers to a non=existing "#@#settings.ini" file; I would change that to open "#@#variables.inc"

To prevent 2 tool tip texts appearing when hovering the TEMP, I would use a scheme that changes the option for the BG2 section tooltiptext to "" when hovering the TEMP, then change it back when the mouse leaves.

Code: Select all

[nIcon]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption BG2 TooltipText ""]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption BG2 TooltipText "Red-TKO:[MeasureTimeJapan]#CRLF#Purple-HYD:[MeasureTime1]#CRLF#Orange-LND:[MeasureTime2]#CRLF#Cyan-DET:[MeasureTime3]#CRLF#Green-CHI:[MeasureTime4]#CRLF#"]
To prevent the TYO image from rotating would take some fancy math, that I feel is probably not needed for your skin; I would just represent that with a similar image as the other timezones.

Your skin is looking interesting :thumbup:
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Balala and Eclectic-Tech - thank you so much for taking the time to review my hacking together of several people's work into this "thing". I like the idea so far but I need to think a little harder on the look and feel.

I also need to get a Settings Skin going. I am also thinking of hooking in isitraining.in for weather instead of the current feed. Right now the weather is just smashed into the skin - I want to control the webparser smoothly so that the timezones and weather are read in sequence with no ability to collide with each other using the strategy from Eclectic-Tech.

Thanks for the feedback. I will continue to improve the skin and submit for your kind consideration and feedback!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 13th, 2019, 11:22 pm To prevent 2 tool tip texts appearing when hovering the TEMP, I would use a scheme that changes the option for the BG2 section tooltiptext to "" when hovering the TEMP, then change it back when the mouse leaves.

[nIcon]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption BG2 TooltipText ""]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption BG2 TooltipText "Red-TKO:[MeasureTimeJapan]#CRLF#Purple-HYD:[MeasureTime1]#CRLF#Orange-LND:[MeasureTime2]#CRLF#Cyan-DET:[MeasureTime3]#CRLF#Green-CHI:[MeasureTime4]#CRLF#"]
A probably simpler way to hide a tooltip is to set its ToolTipHidden option to 1:

[nIcon]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption BG2 TooltipHidden "1"][!UpdateMeter "BG2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption BG2 TooltipHidden "0"][!UpdateMeter "BG2"]
If from the beginning the ToolTipText option of the [BG2] meter is set (as it is), this approach will work. This way there is no need to set the ToolTipText option.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: October 14th, 2019, 12:20 pm A probably simpler way to hide a tooltip is to set its ToolTipHidden option to 1:

[nIcon]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption BG2 TooltipHidden "1"][!UpdateMeter "BG2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption BG2 TooltipHidden "0"][!UpdateMeter "BG2"]
If from the beginning the ToolTipText option of the [BG2] meter is set (as it is), this approach will work. This way there is no need to set the ToolTipText option.
I always seem to do things the "hard" way ;-)
Your simple solution is better, thanks :thumbup: