It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:45 pm

Challange for the PRO

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JamX

Re: Challange for the PRO

Post by JamX »

The ultimate goal would be a presentation like this.
Color coded based on windspeed.
Windy.JPG
Hours per day from 8:00 to 20:00
Precipitation, air pressure, temperature and weathericons are not really needed.(is just a plus)
So only date/time, wind gusts, wind speed and wind direction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JamX wrote: October 10th, 2019, 3:35 pm The ultimate goal would be a presentation like this.
Color coded based on windspeed.
Unfortunately as I said before, it's not possible: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33637#p166446
The site uses java scripts and WebParser can't deal with them. Sorry, but as far as I can tell, this can't be done. Let's stay on the old source (https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/olderplas_ool).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: October 10th, 2019, 4:08 pm but balala is one of the guys... that can tackle this... :rosegift:
Thanks dvo for the appreciations. Mean a lot...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:13 pm i was trying to hta the page in a browserpage but doesn't work... :?
You was trying what? What do you mean by hta?
dvo wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:13 pm and if you split files in to parts and include then later could that work or do you still have the limit of the parser then? :???:
Otherwise the problem is not the limit of the parsing, but the fact that, as said, the desired site uses java scripts and WebParser can't parse such sources.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:28 pm page.hta ... is loading a page in a frame that you could open with rainmeter with a hard coded close button
Yes, but the source uses java scripts. If you take a look to the source of that site, you'll see none of the shown information (nor the temperature, nor air pressure, nor wind speed, nor nothing) can't be found on the source code, because all these information are returned through java scripts. I still believe in this case WebParser can't deal with it.
To be honest I won't start to work with this source, because I still believe it's useless. If you or anyone else want to give it a try, go ahead. Me currently am working with the old source.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:41 pm what i think we have already a lot of weather skins.... ;-)
For sure. But as we have seen last week, alternatives are always desirable.
However this source for sure won't be a good alternative to wxdata, but maybe it worth a try.
JamX

Post by JamX »

balala wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:39 pm Yes, but the source uses java scripts. If you take a look to the source of that site, you'll see none of the shown information (nor the temperature, nor air pressure, nor wind speed, nor nothing) can't be found on the source code, because all these information are returned through java scripts. I still believe in this case WebParser can't deal with it.
To be honest I won't start to work with this source, because I still believe it's useless. If you or anyone else want to give it a try, go ahead. Me currently am working with the old source.
Please continue with your good work. The "old" data source is OK.

I only proposed a presentation with " Color coded based on windspeed. " like in the example from windy.app

A kind of bar graph, devided in 5 sections for each hour. 8:00 - 11 - 14 - 17 - 20:00

Precipitation, air pressure, temperature and weathericons are not really needed.(is just a plus)
So only date/time, wind gusts, wind speed and wind direction.

I'm not in a hurry so please take your time.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Unfortunately as I said, I still believe there is not possible to use the second source. Sorry, but this is what I think. If someone else will have a better idea...
JamX wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:56 pm Please continue with your good work. The "old" data source is OK.

I only proposed a presentation with " Color coded based on windspeed. " like in the example from windy.app
With the old source? If we got the windspeed, showing them with a color code is probably possible. I'm working on the code now...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Here is the next version. This time you'll get the time, wind speed, wind gusts, the temperature and the pression. I packed the skin into a .rmskin installer, because I added an arrow, to indicate the wind direction.
If you don't want to get these last two information just replace the Text option of the [StringStyle] section with the following one: Text=%1#CRLF#%3#CRLF#%4.
Please let me know how does it work for you, if you are satisfied.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JamX

Post by JamX »

balala wrote: October 10th, 2019, 7:59 pm Here is the next version. This time you'll get the time, wind speed, wind gusts, the temperature and the pression. I packed the skin into a .rmskin installer, because I added an arrow, to indicate the wind direction.
If you don't want to get these last two information just replace the Text option of the [StringStyle] section with the following one: Text=%1#CRLF#%3#CRLF#%4.
Please let me know how does it work for you, if you are satisfied.
Awesome !!!
The skin work fine, no problems. Great work. :bow:

2:00, 5:00 and 23:00 hours can be deletet in my case. Not windsurfing hours. :D
But this I also can do later on by myself.

Can't wait to see next development.