It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:04 pm

WXData Location issues

General topics related to Rainmeter.
GTI.H

Re: WXData Location issues

Post by GTI.H »

dfghrngsdkg wrote: October 1st, 2019, 10:18 pm With no doubt, this is the coordinated works of Green-Terrorist Greta Thunberg and her Illuminati backers, to bring the world to a standstill! With no temperature and weather forecast mankind's life becomes instantly meaningless with millions of people in their undies roaming the streets in despair and crucifyingly freezing to their deaths because they don't know what to dress. This, on purpose created disorder, is orchestrated to lead us straight into the abyss of the promised One-World Government!

coalition-press-briefing.png
Truth

My WXData just got back but that doesn't belie the truths you said!

heheheheh

:D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

675.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

it's back to me as well.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 4:46 pm Uhm... My wxdata skin just came back to life... ;-)
Mine too. Let's see how long.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I'm beginning to have trust issues
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

Looks like the WXData is back up. My weather app is working again, as of about 20 minutes ago.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

xenium wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 4:02 pm TWC website, displays the data by default in Fahrenheit. A script is used to convert into Celsius.
But .. the website also has versions in other languages that display the data by default in Celsius (including English).
So, there are data sources for both Fahrenheit and Celsius
Yep, just as I suspected, after looking a little bit at the page source and your skin - I just had to be sure about it. Nice trick, by the way, and nice skins you built there as well. ;-) Good to know somebody thought about alternatives for "the rainy days" (pun intended). :thumbup:
jsmorley wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 4:46 pm Uhm... My wxdata skin just came back to life... ;-)
The advantage of having larger skins (well, just about every skin is larger than mine :sly: ) - you notice both the good and the bad right away. Confirmed here too. :great:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 5:08 pm Mine too. Let's see how long.
Probably for another couple of months from now, when they will again reset things up or have a "maintenance day" for their servers/XML feeds. It looks like these things happen periodically, and they usually don't last long (since it happened before as well).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 6:55 pm Probably for another couple of months from now, when they will again reset things up or have a "maintenance day" for their servers/XML feeds. It looks like these things happen periodically, and they usually don't last long (since it happened before as well).
Maybe it did, I don't know and can't remember one before, but this lasted long I think. More than a day is quite long in my opinion.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 7:03 pm Maybe it did, I don't know and can't remember one before, but this lasted long I think. More than a day is quite long in my opinion.
Agreed. By the way, you don't have to remember such a problem before, you only have to google it - you'll find several instances when such things happened.

I didn't know how much this problem lasted now. I only refresh my weather and feeds skins after I turn on my computer and connect to the internet (as for the rest of the time they update automatically ... or they stay the same, since there is no ForceReload=1 on my WebParser measures), so this process happens only once a day. That's actually how I became aware of the issue, by refreshing my skins after connecting to the internet today.