A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
dudebaker

Re: ModernGadgets 1.6.1

Post by dudebaker »

Oh yeah, I 'member... Starship Troopers... Only a dead bug is a good bug! :lol:
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

I have an odd bug: I have HWinfo set to show temps in Celsius, and the temp displayed on the gadgets are Celsius, however, there is an F after the temp. I have no idea how to fix it....

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out!
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Transferring all of my files to my external hard drive and off an SD card... I love the way Disks Meter's graph can look sometimes.

”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.6.2

Post by raiguard »

v1.6.2 is out now to fix some few remaining bugs and future-proof some things. This is ACTUALLY the last release before I go, seeing as I leave tomorrow. Thanks for a fun three years! From this moment on, SilverAzide will answer any questions people have, and will push new updates if anything majorly breaks.
v1.6.2 - 2019-9-18
- Added support for Snapdragon GPUs (just in case)
- Updated Readme with new attributions
- Removed several leftover debugging actions
- Fixed moon icon spots orientation when not showing realistic moon angle
- Fixed Weather Meter throwing an error when no severe weather alert exists
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
jazper

Post by jazper »

Couple of things I noticed after I loaded this:
  • Weather Meter is showing a grey "no entry" like icon instead of anything useful. I assume it's supposed to be a weather condition image?
  • While you can scale any other the output windows, scaling the settings windows doesn't appear to scale where the mouse pointer is located. This means you have to click higher (or left) of the place you're really trying to click. Try scale=1.2 and then try to hit the close button :)
I understand the creator is off now for a couple years so changes are probably more difficult, but figured I'd report this anyway. If I'm just doing something wrong or there are workarounds, I'm all ears. Thx!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jazper wrote: September 29th, 2019, 6:17 pm Couple of things I noticed after I loaded this:
  • Weather Meter is showing a grey "no entry" like icon instead of anything useful. I assume it's supposed to be a weather condition image?
  • While you can scale any other the output windows, scaling the settings windows doesn't appear to scale where the mouse pointer is located. This means you have to click higher (or left) of the place you're really trying to click. Try scale=1.2 and then try to hit the close button :)
I understand the creator is off now for a couple years so changes are probably more difficult, but figured I'd report this anyway. If I'm just doing something wrong or there are workarounds, I'm all ears. Thx!
For the first issue, make sure the location you are using is actually supplying an icon number. Temporarily try selecting a different location. If you get an icon, the problem is with the data feed from TWC and the issue may resolve itself after a period of time. Weather Meter is working fine for me.

For the second issue, are you referring specifically to the Settings skin for the Weather Meter, or all Settings skins? The Settings skins do not scale as far as I know.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
whashtonjr

Post by whashtonjr »

SilverAzide wrote: September 30th, 2019, 5:19 pm For the first issue, make sure the location you are using is actually supplying an icon number. Temporarily try selecting a different location. If you get an icon, the problem is with the data feed from TWC and the issue may resolve itself after a period of time. Weather Meter is working fine for me.

For the second issue, are you referring specifically to the Settings skin for the Weather Meter, or all Settings skins? The Settings skins do not scale as far as I know.
FYI: I looked at the Rainmeter log and it's showing an "Invalid TimeStampFormat: %#m/%#d/%y %#I:%M %p" error. Suspect the server side since nothing seems to have changed in my settings. I have no ideas and don't have the time (no pun intended) right now to mess with it.
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

For the record, I have started getting this same issue, and have not changed anything on my end. Everything was working normally, but stopped while I was at work, so I have no idea when. I did recently upgrade to the latest version of Rainmeter, 4.3.1 Final Release - r3321.
noweather.jpg
errors.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

whashtonjr wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 1:11 am FYI: I looked at the Rainmeter log and it's showing an "Invalid TimeStampFormat: %#m/%#d/%y %#I:%M %p" error. Suspect the server side since nothing seems to have changed in my settings. I have no ideas and don't have the time (no pun intended) right now to mess with it.
y0himba wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 2:05 am For the record, I have started getting this same issue, and have not changed anything on my end. Everything was working normally, but stopped while I was at work, so I have no idea when. I did recently upgrade to the latest version of Rainmeter, 4.3.1 Final Release - r3321.
Announcement to all ModernGadget Weather Meter and Rainmeter users:
The Weather Channel's wxdata weather feed went down today and as of this writing has not returned. The entire Rainmeter community is well aware of this issue, as it has broken all weather skins that rely on this feed. There is nothing anyone can do but wait and hope it comes back online. If it is permanently down, we will look into alternative weather sources.

Update: The wxdata feed from The Weather Channel is now back up. There is no guarantee that it will continue to function, as it appears to be transitioning to a pay service. Keep your fingers crossed....
Last edited by SilverAzide on October 2nd, 2019, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

SilverAzide wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 2:18 am Announcement to all ModernGadget Weather Meter and Rainmeter users:
The Weather Channel's wxdata weather feed went down today and as of this writing has not returned. The entire Rainmeter community is well aware of this issue, as it has broken all weather skins that rely on this feed. There is nothing anyone can do but wait and hope it comes back online. If it is permanently down, we will look into alternative weather sources.
Thanks man! Much appreciated.
---