It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:28 pm

Weather Stopped Working after Win 10 Update

General topics related to Rainmeter.
NightBlooming

Weather Stopped Working after Win 10 Update

Post by NightBlooming »

Hello everyone :) I use ROTA HUD ( https://www.deviantart.com/extracycle/art/Rota-H-U-D-257388617 ) on three computers, two at home and one at work. Both my home computers stopped displaying the weather after the update, so I presume my work computer will do the same once they pushed it through.

I'm at a loss as to what to do, given that I already followed the instructions on the Deviant Art page after the last time it stopped working.

I'd appreciate any help!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Stopped Working after Win 10 Update

Post by balala »

NightBlooming wrote: September 27th, 2019, 5:15 pm Both my home computers stopped displaying the weather after the update, so I presume my work computer will do the same once they pushed it through.
Nothing related to Windows update. There is a small problem with the URL option of all four parent WebParser measures ([MeasureCurrent], [Today], [MeasureForcastToday+1] and [MeasureForcastToday+2]). Replace the existing options (Url=http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#&dayf=10), with the following one, in all four measures: Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#&dayf=10.
NightBlooming

Post by NightBlooming »

Not to be a total numpty, but where do I update that? :) All I've ever had to do was change the variables txt for the specific skin I'm using
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

NightBlooming wrote: September 28th, 2019, 6:00 am Not to be a total numpty, but where do I update that?
No, you're not, don't worry if you don't know what to do.
Load any of the three skins (Rota HUD\Weather\Weather Black.ini, Rota HUD\Weather\Weather Token.ini or Rota HUD\Weather\Weather White.ini). Right click the not working skin in the upper left side of the screen and click Edit skin. The appropriate skin opens in your default text editor. Replace there all four URL options into the WebParser measures ([MeasureCurrent], [Today], [MeasureForcastToday+1] and [MeasureForcastToday+2]), as described above. Finally refresh the skin (right click it and click Refresh).
Do the same replace in the other two skins as well.
gilles1394

Post by gilles1394 »

Thank you very much balala.

After few days without data in my weather skin (By Jeffrey Morley, modified by Shiva) your post brought it back to life :thumbup:

Have a good day

Gilles
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gilles1394 wrote: September 28th, 2019, 9:39 am your post brought it back to life
Glad it helped. :thumbup:
NightBlooming

Post by NightBlooming »

That worked! Thank you so much! I used this skin specifically because I love the weather display :)
NightBlooming

Post by NightBlooming »

The good news is that my two home computers had no issues with this fix. Today, the weather stopped working on my work computer. I applied the same fix, tried refreshing, even tried rebooting to no avail :(

What information can I post that will be helpful in determining why it isn't working?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: October 1st, 2019, 3:05 pm wxdata is down please wait till it's back online .... :welcome: and how long it takes .... we don't know ... :Whistle
Right. I never experienced a such thing before, but now it indeed seems to be down. So NightBlooming, the skin probably not just on your work computer doesn't work, but nor at home.
Let's see when this will be fixed.
NightBlooming

Post by NightBlooming »

Hello hello! Sadly my weather stopped working again for this skin some time ago. Any thoughts on how to make it work again? :welcome: