It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:54 am

Rainformer 3.1 HWiNFO Edition

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
mak_kawa

Re: Rainformer 2.4 HWiNFO Edition (formerly illustro Pulsar)

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Pul53dr1v3r

I have separated Sun-Moon skin from your Rainformer suite, and adapted it to my desktop. The Sun-Moon skin is not very practical, but has some fun for me. I really like it.

Thanks Pul53dr1v3r, and of course balala for original skin and Lua code.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: September 19th, 2019, 10:30 am Thanks Pul53dr1v3r, and of course balala for original skin and Lua code.
Well, in fact the Lua code is not mine. I also got it from this forum long time ago, and modified it to match my needs. Unfortunately I can't name the author.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

Yes, I know the situation. I have read the derivation described in the two Lua codes. But, in my personal view, you must be credited for the importation and adaptation to the Rainmeter world.

I prefer this skin logic because it performs offline calculation instead of online information via Webparser often by webscraping.

Anyway, I really appreciate you and Pul53dr1v3r for such cool skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: September 19th, 2019, 10:50 pm Yes, I know the situation. I have read the derivation described in the two Lua codes. But, in my personal view, you must be credited for the importation and adaptation to the Rainmeter world.
Thanks for the appreciations.
mak_kawa wrote: September 19th, 2019, 10:50 pm I prefer this skin logic because it performs offline calculation instead of online information via Webparser often by webscraping.
Yes, this was the most important reason why have I started to work with it. Downloading those information from internet is extremely simple, however, making al those calculations locally, it's much more interesting.
mak_kawa wrote: September 19th, 2019, 10:50 pm Anyway, I really appreciate you and Pul53dr1v3r for such cool skin.
Thanks again.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

Jewell7 wrote: September 19th, 2019, 5:36 am Yes i have used that version and glad that it has overcome all the lags of previous version My Pasco Connect
It's been achieved mainly thanks to tjhrulz's UsageMonitor plugin.
To be honest, i didn't use to use such skins ~ till the plug-in release. Just made Top CPU and Top RAM skins for others, but now it's always on my desktop.
mak_kawa wrote: September 19th, 2019, 10:30 am Hi Pul53dr1v3r

I have separated Sun-Moon skin from your Rainformer suite, and adapted it to my desktop. The Sun-Moon skin is not very practical, but has some fun for me. I really like it.

Thanks Pul53dr1v3r, and of course balala for original skin and Lua code.
Hi mak. I'm glad that you found anything useful to yourself in the Suite as a whole. Thanks to good folks here (devs, helpers, and non-official helpers who helps like you, skin creators...) it is not hard to make a lot of the stuffs in Rainmeter. Otherwise, i would probably never made my mind up to go with this, since i have some eye and head related health issues caused by the screens in the whole.

And offline features are much more safe than online that are dependant on the web services and internet. Just remember what happened with Wunderground and Yahoo free APIs...
Nobody is safe to say how long weather.com will be in service as well.
cnone

Post by cnone »

I have dropped a comment about this on deviant but here it goes too:
First of all thank you for your great additions to rainmeter. My desktop feels complete thanks to your Pulsar.
I have missing a combined disks informer like the eclectic-tech's illustro variant. That will be awesome for me anyway :)
If you don't have a plan for such skin can you guide me how to port the eclectic's disk meter to your style. And if you have time a webnowplaying skin will be awesome too.

Again thank you for all of your efforts :thumbup:
Have a nice day to all...
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

cnone wrote: October 1st, 2019, 2:58 pm I have dropped a comment about this on deviant but here it goes too:
First of all thank you for your great additions to rainmeter. My desktop feels complete thanks to your Pulsar.
I have missing a combined disks informer like the eclectic-tech's illustro variant. That will be awesome for me anyway :)
If you don't have a plan for such skin can you guide me how to port the eclectic's disk meter to your style. And if you have time a webnowplaying skin will be awesome too.

Again thank you for all of your efforts :thumbup:
Have a nice day to all...
Hi. I'll re-post my comment from dA.
-Weather skin: in the works,
-Disk Drives All In One skin: planed in some of the next updates,
-Calendar: used to have it in the suite, but removed because of some false positives and a few other complications. Probably will get it back.
-Player: not in plan for now.

Btw, AIMP has got a very good mini player-Gadget. Image
It's very practical, compact... And don't think i'd make it better.
cnone

Post by cnone »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 5:26 pm Hi. I'll re-post my comment from dA.
-Weather skin: in the works,
-Disk Drives All In One skin: planed in some of the next updates,
-Calendar: used to have it in the suite, but removed because of some false positives and a few other complications. Probably will get it back.
-Player: not in plan for now.

Btw, AIMP has got a very good mini player-Gadget. Image
It's very practical, compact... And don't think i'd make it better.
Now ı realized that I have posted in wrong topic as I am using aida version but can't wait for the updates to both versions. Thank you :great:
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

cnone wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 4:26 am Now ı realized that I have posted in wrong topic as I am using aida version but can't wait for the updates to both versions. Thank you :great:
Nevermind, those skins don't (will not) use either of the softwares (AIDA64, HWiNFO) anyway. At least from the present point of view.
mak_kawa

My moon.lua issue in SunMoon.ini

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala, Pul53dr1v3r.

I have recently noticed that the values related with "moon age" in SunMoon skin are significantly different from those obtained from several astronomy sites. See attached EXCEL image for example.
Untitled.png
These deviations seem to be almost identical with the time zone of my place (Japan = +9).
Other values, for example, variables MoonRise and MoonSet from the lua script seem to be alright.

I guess There is some point of issue in the moon.lua code, possibly functions truephase() or ConvertBang()? But because I have almost no skill of lua scripting and astronomical algorithm, I can't correct/modify concerned lua calculation.

So, my workaround so far is to add time zone value to the output from function phasehunt() as;

Code: Select all

ConvertBang('LastNew', truephase(k1,0)+(timeZone/24))
	ConvertBang('1stQ', truephase(k1,0.25)+(timeZone/24))
	ConvertBang('Full', truephase(k1,0.5)+(timeZone/24))
	ConvertBang('3rdQ', truephase(k1,0.75)+(timeZone/24))
	ConvertBang('NextNew', truephase(k2,0)+(timeZone/24))
Original code is;

Code: Select all

ConvertBang('LastNew', truephase(k1,0))
	ConvertBang('1stQ', truephase(k1,0.25))
	ConvertBang('Full', truephase(k1,0.5))
	ConvertBang('3rdQ', truephase(k1,0.75))
	ConvertBang('NextNew', truephase(k2,0))
Appreciate if you examine this. And needless to say but, sorry if I am stupidly missing something...