It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:34 pm

ActionTimer Has Effects on Other Meters & ActionTimer 'Area'

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
hyprdmg

ActionTimer Has Effects on Other Meters & ActionTimer 'Area'

Post by hyprdmg »

Hello,

I have been modifying the GameView skin for fun, and have been trying to add an ActionTimer to 'pop out' the hovered text. However, I have been having issues with the ActionMeter effecting other meters, as well as needing assistance with the hover area.

I figured out how to make the text slide over as needed, and slide back, but for some reason, the meters below it are also being triggered.

As for the area, I believe I need to add an H/W to the ActionTimer/Meter, so when the text does move over, it isn't triggering and untriggering constantly.

Main parts of the skin here:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
TextColour=192,192,192
ShortcutColour=0,0,0,1
MouseOverColour=50,205,50
TextSize=12
Font=Segoe UI
AntiAlias=1
ScreenWidth=#SCREENAREAWIDTH@2#
ScreenHeight=#SCREENAREAHEIGHT@2#
BarWidth=720
TopMargin=10
LeftMargin=15
Spacing=15
NumOfApps=(#ScreenHeight#/(#TextSize#+#Spacing#))
WW=15

[MeasureSlide1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=Repeat Right,#WW#,10
Right=[!SetVariable LeftMargin "(Clamp(#LeftMargin#+5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link1][!Redraw]
ActionList2=Repeat Left,#WW#,10
Left=[!SetVariable LeftMargin "(Clamp(#LeftMargin#-5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link1][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
[Link1]
Meter=String
MeasureName=mName1
Group=GameGroup
X=#LeftMargin#
Y=(#Spacing#+#TextSize#)r
Text=%1
FontColor=#TextColour#
FontSize=#TextSize#
FontFace=#Font#
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mLink1 FollowPath][!HideMeterGroup GameGroup][!Update]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link1 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName1]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 1"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link1 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 2"][!Update]

[Link2]
Meter=String
MeasureName=mName2
Group=GameGroup
X=#LeftMargin#
Text=%1
FontColor=#TextColour#
FontSize=#TextSize#
FontFace=#Font#
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mLink2 FollowPath][!HideMeterGroup GameGroup][!Update]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link2 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName2]"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link2 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!Update]
I also tried to have MeasureSlide1 set to only affect Link1 directly, but that made the changes occur instantly, not move far over (unless the numbers were changed), and was no actual animation:

[MeasureSlide1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=Repeat Right,#WW#,10
Right=[!SetOption Link1 X "(Clamp(#LeftMargin#+5,50,100))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link1][!Redraw]
ActionList2=Repeat Left,#WW#,10
Left=[!SetOption Link1 X "(Clamp(#LeftMargin#-5,50,100))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link1][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
[Link1]
And in case it helps, full skin here: https://pastebin.com/NPSrvXYe
Last edited by hyprdmg on September 6th, 2019, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ActionTimer Has Effects on Other Meters & ActionTimer 'Area'

Post by balala »

hyprdmg wrote: September 4th, 2019, 3:27 pm I figured out how to make the text slide over as needed, and slide back, but for some reason, the meters below it are also being triggered.
Yes, because when you're hovering your mouse over [Link1], the ActionList1 option of the ActionTimer plugin measure is executed, moving the [Link1] meter. But since the X option of the [Link2] meter is the same (X=#LeftMargin#), you get it moved as well, because the LeftMargin variable has been set to the increased value. This doesn't happen instantly, because the [Link2] meter isn't updated through the [MeasureSlide1] measure, but once the value of the LeftMargin set to a new value, on next update of the meter, you get it moved as well.
The only solution here is to use different ActioList options for all meters. This means the [MeasureSlide1] measure has to have 2 x the number of String meters ActionList options. Then you have to run the appropriate list whenever are you hovering the mouse over any of the meters.
hyprdmg wrote: September 4th, 2019, 3:27 pm As for the area, I believe I need to add an H/W to the ActionTimer/Meter, so when the text does move over, it isn't triggering and untriggering constantly.
You can't add a H and W option to an ActionTimer plugin measure (in fact you can't add it at all to none measure, of any kind), because these options are supported only by meters.
hyprdmg

Post by hyprdmg »

balala wrote: September 4th, 2019, 3:54 pm The only solution here is to use different ActioList options for all meters.
This is what I was thinking was the case.
balala wrote: September 4th, 2019, 3:54 pm This means the [MeasureSlide1] measure has to have 2 x the number of String meters ActionList options. Then you have to run the appropriate list whenever are you hovering the mouse over any of the meters.
I assume this means I would need to declare the X of each Link meter? If so, how would that work? I tried to use SetOption before for Link1, and no animation occurred.

Edit: So I added an LNM (Link # Margin) for each link, and it seems all fine now. The only issue I have remaining is if I only mouse over the left side of each link, the meter obviously moves over, and then will constantly switch between the OnAction and LeaveAction.

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I wrote my reply before you've edited your post, so now I'm posting it as I have it. See the list at the end of my reply, I say you there what is wrong:
hyprdmg wrote: September 4th, 2019, 4:41 pm I assume this means I would need to declare the X of each Link meter? If so, how would that work? I tried to use SetOption before for Link1, and no animation occurred.
No, that's not needed. Let's see an example: I'll do now just for the first five meters, but if you get the idea, you can modify the other ones in a similar way.
So, replace the LeftMargin variable into the [Variables] section with 5 (or for all meters with 40) variables:

[Variables]
LeftMargin1=15
LeftMargin2=15
LeftMargin3=15
LeftMargin4=15
LeftMargin5=15
Now modify / add further options to the [MeasureSlide1] ActionTimer plugin measure:

[MeasureSlide1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=Repeat Right1,#WW#,10
Right1=[!SetVariable LeftMargin1 "(Clamp(#LeftMargin1#+5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link1][!Redraw]
ActionList2=Repeat Left1,#WW#,10
Left1=[!SetVariable LeftMargin1 "(Clamp(#LeftMargin1#-5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link1][!Redraw]
ActionList3=Repeat Right2,#WW#,10
Right2=[!SetVariable LeftMargin2 "(Clamp(#LeftMargin2#+5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link2][!Redraw]
ActionList4=Repeat Left2,#WW#,10
Left2=[!SetVariable LeftMargin2 "(Clamp(#LeftMargin2#-5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link2][!Redraw]
ActionList5=Repeat Right3,#WW#,10
Right3=[!SetVariable LeftMargin3 "(Clamp(#LeftMargin3#+5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link3][!Redraw]
ActionList6=Repeat Left3,#WW#,10
Left3=[!SetVariable LeftMargin3 "(Clamp(#LeftMargin3#-5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link3][!Redraw]
ActionList7=Repeat Right4,#WW#,10
Right4=[!SetVariable LeftMargin4 "(Clamp(#LeftMargin4#+5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link4][!Redraw]
ActionList8=Repeat Left4,#WW#,10
Left4=[!SetVariable LeftMargin4 "(Clamp(#LeftMargin4#-5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link4][!Redraw]
ActionList9=Repeat Right5,#WW#,10
Right5=[!SetVariable LeftMargin5 "(Clamp(#LeftMargin5#+5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link5][!Redraw]
ActionList10=Repeat Left5,#WW#,10
Left5=[!SetVariable LeftMargin5 "(Clamp(#LeftMargin5#-5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide1][!UpdateMeter Link5][!Redraw]
See that all of these options are modifying only one of the previously added variables and are updating one single meter.
Modify the X, MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options of the String meters:

[Link1]
X=#LeftMargin1#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link1 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName1]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 1"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link1 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 2"][!Update]

[Link2]
X=#LeftMargin2#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link2 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName2]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 4"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 3"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link2 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 3"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 4"][!Update]

[Link3]
X=#LeftMargin3#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link3 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName2]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 6"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 5"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link3 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 5"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 6"][!Update]

[Link4]
X=#LeftMargin4#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link4 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName4]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 8"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 7"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link4 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 7"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 8"][!Update]

[Link5]
X=#LeftMargin5#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link5 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName5]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 10"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 9"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link5 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 9"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 10"][!Update]
Note two small other errors:
  • The DynamicVariables=1 option is missing from all String meters, starting from [Link4]. Add them, otherwise the animation won't work.
  • hyprdmg wrote: September 4th, 2019, 4:41 pm Edit: So I added an LNM (Link # Margin) for each link, and it seems all fine now. The only issue I have remaining is if I only mouse over the left side of each link, the meter obviously moves over, and then will constantly switch between the OnAction and LeaveAction.
    The animation wont work this way, because the String meters have a lot of transparent areas, which don't interact when hovering the mouse over them. To avoid this, add a SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option to all String meters, from [Link1] to [Link40].
Obviously as said you have to add further variables / options to the [MeasureSlide1] measure and have to modify the X, MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options of the other meters as well.
hyprdmg

Post by hyprdmg »

balala wrote: September 4th, 2019, 5:34 pm The animation wont work this way, because the String meters have a lot of transparent areas, which don't interact when hovering the mouse over them. To avoid this, add a SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option to all String meters, from [Link1] to [Link40].

Obviously as said you have to add further variables / options to the [MeasureSlide1] measure and have to modify the X, MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options of the other meters as well.
I seem to be stumped here. I have tried changing X, W, and have tried both as a negative number, as well as adding padding, but no luck. I still don't seem to be able to keep an 'area' (left side of the text/link) from the original position

I plan on adding the DynamicVariable/remaining actions once I have the rest of the skin figured out.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

hyprdmg wrote: September 4th, 2019, 6:46 pm I still don't seem to be able to keep an 'area' (left side of the text/link) from the original position
When hovering the mouse over the left side of any of those meters and get that meter moved, its surface is moving as well, so the mouse isn't anymore over the meter and that's why it moves back. But once this did, the mouse is again over the meter, so you again get it moving. And so on.
The only possibility in this case is to add further meters (Image meters for instance), which don't move along with the String meters and which react when the mouse is over them, shifting the appropriate String meter. But this means 40 other meters which have to be added. Interested?
hyprdmg wrote: September 4th, 2019, 6:46 pm I plan on adding the DynamicVariable/remaining actions once I have the rest of the skin figured out.
Have no idea what you mean by this!
hyprdmg

Post by hyprdmg »

balala wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:04 pm The only possibility in this case is to add further meters (Image meters for instance), which don't move along with the String meters and which react when the mouse is over them, shifting the appropriate String meter. But this means 40 other meters which have to be added. Interested?
I am very much interested. I was messing around with containers, but so far no luck.
balala wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:04 pm Have no idea what you mean by this!
I was just referring to the addition of DynamicVariables=1 and ActionLists for the remaining links. I don't want to worry about adding them all until I can make sure the ActionTimer stuff is complete.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EDIT: I've edited the code below. There was a small mistake. Sorry...
hyprdmg wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:14 pm I am very much interested. I was messing around with containers, but so far no luck.
I doubt the container could help, but here is a workaround. Add the [MeterMouseHover1] meter right after [Link1] (it's very important to be right after [Link1] and not anywhere else), [MeterMouseHover2] meter right after [Link2] and so on and remove the MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options from the [Link1] - [LinkXX] meters (again I did this only for the first five meters, but you can do it for the other meters as well):

[Link1]

[MeterMouseHover1]
Meter=Image
X=#LeftMargin1#
Y=0r
W=[Link1:W]
H=[Link1:H]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1

[Link2]

[MeterMouseHover2]
Meter=Image
X=#LeftMargin2#
Y=0r
W=[Link2:W]
H=[Link2:H]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link2 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName2]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 4"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 3"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link2 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 3"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 4"][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1

[Link3]

[MeterMouseHover3]
Meter=Image
X=#LeftMargin3#
Y=0r
W=[Link3:W]
H=[Link3:H]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link3 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName2]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 6"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 5"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link3 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 5"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 6"][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1

[Link4]

[MeterMouseHover4]
Meter=Image
X=#LeftMargin4#
Y=0r
W=[Link4:W]
H=[Link4:H]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link4 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName4]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 8"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 7"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link4 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 7"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 8"][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1

[Link5]

[MeterMouseHover5]
Meter=Image
X=#LeftMargin5#
Y=0r
W=[Link5:W]
H=[Link5:H]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link5 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName5]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 10"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 9"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link5 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 9"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 10"][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
hyprdmg wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:14 pm I was just referring to the addition of DynamicVariables=1 and ActionLists for the remaining links. I don't want to worry about adding them all until I can make sure the ActionTimer stuff is complete.
Alright, now I understood. Good idea!
hyprdmg

Post by hyprdmg »

Edit: I just posted and saw your edit, and am trying it now.
Edit2: Looks like the change was the solid color? Still no luck.
balala wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:38 pm

[Link1]

[MeterMouseHover1]
Meter=Image
X=#LeftMargin1#
Y=0r
SolidColor=255,0,0,50
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Ahh, the Y=0r makes sense. However, it seems to still be giving the same results.

I did change part of the code earlier after seeing your example of the ActionTimer stuff, but I don't think it would break what you provided (though I could easily be wrong):

[Variables]
LinkArea=26
NumOfApps=(#ScreenHeight#/(#TextSize#+#Spacing#))
WW=15
L1M=15
L2M=15
L3M=15
L4M=15
L5M=15

[MeasureSlide]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer

ActionList1=Repeat Right1,#WW#,10
Right1=[!SetVariable L1M "(Clamp(#L1M#+5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ActionList2=Repeat Left1,#WW#,10
Left1=[!SetVariable L1M "(Clamp(#L1M#-5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

ActionList3=Repeat Right2,#WW#,10
Right2=[!SetVariable L2M "(Clamp(#L2M#+5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ActionList4=Repeat Left2,#WW#,10
Left2=[!SetVariable L2M "(Clamp(#L2M#-5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

ActionList5=Repeat Right3,#WW#,10
Right3=[!SetVariable L3M "(Clamp(#L3M#+5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ActionList6=Repeat Left3,#WW#,10
Left3=[!SetVariable L3M "(Clamp(#L3M#-5,15,50))"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSlide][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

DynamicVariables=1
So really, I just added all ActionTimerinto MeasureSlide and changed the LeftMarginN to LNM. I also added LinkArea for the H of Links, so they would only have 1 pixel between (to make transitions a bit cleaner). I made sure to try the code provided with H as default, and as LinkArea

I made sure to change the variables as needed in the code provided:

[Link1]
Meter=String
MeasureName=mName1
SolidColor=0,255,0,255
H=#LinkArea#
Group=GameGroup
X=#L1M#
Text=%1
FontColor=#TextColour#
FontSize=#TextSize#
FontFace=#Font#
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mLink1 FollowPath][!HideMeterGroup GameGroup][!Update]

[MeterMouseHover1]
Meter=Image
X=#L1M#
Y=0r
SolidColor=255,0,0,100
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Link1 FontColor #MouseOverColour#][!SetOption View ImageName "#@#\Images\[mName1]"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 1"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Link1 FontColor #TextColour#][!SetOption View ImageName ""][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 2"][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
As provided with Link1 H commented out

More alpha on the provided code, without Link1 H commented out
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Obviously doesn't properly work, because in the rightX and LeftX options of the [MeasureSlide] measure you're updating all meters (with the [!UpdateMeter *]) bang, but in fact the [MeterMouseHoverX] meters shouldn't have to be updated. Initially in my first posted code of the (then) [MeasureSlide1] measure, in each of those options I've updated only one meter (Link1, Link2 and so on). This way MeterMouseHover1, MeterMouseHover2,... are not updated and they don't move along with the appropriate String meters. But if you use a [!UpdateMeter *] bang, you get all meters updated, including the [MeterMouseHoverX] meters.
Alright, please post the whole code you have now.