It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:14 pm

Weather Problem (Help)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
marci1229

Weather Problem (Help)

Post by marci1229 »

Dear Users,

I totally corrupt my Weather.ini file. I just wanted to see the information about the weather not just the celsius degrees.
I tried to edit but not works anymore. Please help me to get works again.

I wanted to change to Yahoo but I was not lucky. My problem was that I only see the degrees and no additional information such as "Partly Cloudy".
I know its a feature of the skin because I tested with New York and if I set the location code to New York the additional informations are shows. Only with my country not.

Please help me to get work again the weather skin and to get additional informations in my current location. ("Partly Cloudy";"Clear";"Sunny...)
Sorry for my bad english.

I attach a log with about my ini. Because I dont know how to attach that file. GOOD TO KNOW: I only edited the "Measure Current" section of the code.
Please help me. I'm using this skin: https://www.deviantart.com/hiphopium/art/Robik--771914763

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Attachments
Weather LOG.txt
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Problem (Help)

Post by balala »

marci1229 wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 6:04 pm I wanted to change to Yahoo but I was not lucky. My problem was that I only see the degrees and no additional information such as "Partly Cloudy".
I know its a feature of the skin because I tested with New York and if I set the location code to New York the additional informations are shows. Only with my country not.

Please help me to get work again the weather skin and to get additional informations in my current location. ("Partly Cloudy";"Clear";"Sunny...)
Sorry for my bad english.
Regards,
No way. Yahoo Weather doesn't work anymore from long time ago, you can't get the skin to work with it. Leave the original source of the Weather.ini file (you can remove the Robik folder from the Skins folder, then reinstall the whole package) and it'll work well.
I get the description as well, not just the temperature. It does properly work. Just to check, what is your weather code, which doesn't work? Because weather.com has many times such issues with different locations, missing some of the otherwise existing information. So, just to can check what's going on for your location, please give us your weather code.

Please don't duplicate your posts. You've posted the same question into the Help: Rainmeter Application thread as well. I deleted it.
marci1229

Post by marci1229 »

balala wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 6:27 pm No way. Yahoo Weather doesn't work anymore from long time ago, you can't get the skin to work with it. Leave the original source of the Weather.ini file (you can remove the Robik folder from the Skins folder, then reinstall the whole package) and it'll work well.
I get the description as well, not just the temperature. It does properly work. Just to check, what is your weather code, which doesn't work? Because weather.com has many times such issues with different locations, missing some of the otherwise existing information. So, just to can check what's going on for your location, please give us your weather code.
My weather code is: HUXX0009
The skin maker said its the weather provider problem.
He tested it. And not works with this location. I asked the provider website. I checked and I see its actually provides additional informations about this location.Currently: Clear in this location. Is there any chance to get working again without reinstalling? I translated the whole skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

marci1229 wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 6:32 pm My weather code is: HUXX0009
The skin maker said its the weather provider problem.
Yes, he's right. Right now indeed there seem to be problems with most locations in Hungary, I tried out more and none of them work. I suppose this is a somehow general issue on weather.com and will be fixed soon.
As said, weather.com encounters many times such issues for some locations. There are more possibilities to avoid them:
  • First please keep using the skin. Many times these kind of issue are fixed in a few days.
  • If you can't get it to work not after a week, you can find a close, well working location.
marci1229

Post by marci1229 »

balala wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 6:50 pm Yes, he's right. Right now indeed there seem to be problems with most locations in Hungary, I tried out more and none of them work. I suppose this is a somehow general issue on weather.com and will be fixed soon.
As said, weather.com encounters many times such issues for some locations. There are more possibilities to avoid them:
  • First please keep using the skin. Many times these kind of issue are fixed in a few days.
  • If you can't get it to work not after a week, you can find a close, well working location.
We checked the provider code. And we see there is no code for "Weather Icons" that means why I only see celsius degrees. Its sad. Any way to change provider? My iPhone also use Weather Channel and there is a lot of information about weather.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

marci1229 wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 6:53 pm We checked the provider code. And we see there is no code for "Weather Icons" that means why I only see celsius degrees. Its sad. Any way to change provider? My iPhone also use Weather Channel and there is a lot of information about weather.
As I said, especially taking into account that this seems to be a problem related to the whole Hungary, probably (I hope) it'll be fixed (very) soon. I recommend to keep using the skin as it is (maybe restart Rainmeter from time to time), until you get it working. I hope soon you'll get it.
xenium

Post by xenium »

marci1229 wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 6:04 pmPlease help me to get work again the weather skin and to get additional informations in my current location. ("Partly Cloudy";"Clear";"Sunny...)
Try this skin Windows 10 Weather Enterprise or mini variants MINIWeatherHD , ASTRO Weather and it will work.
marci1229

Post by marci1229 »

xenium wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:15 pm Try this skin Windows 10 Weather Enterprise or mini variants MINIWeatherHD , ASTRO Weather and it will work.
Thanks for answer! I will look up for these later when Deviantart become online again.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

marci1229 wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:47 pm I will look up for these later when Deviantart become online again.
It is online, you can download the skins right now.
marci1229

Post by marci1229 »

balala wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:53 pm It is online, you can download the skins right now.
Yeah I saw these weather icons before. But honestly these icons not compatible with my skins. I mean my skin with these icons looks terrible.