It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:13 pm

[Bug] Skin focuses on right click but not left click

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
JosephB2000

[Bug] Skin focuses on right click but not left click

Post by JosephB2000 »

I am not entirely sure on how to approach this issue as it is very new to me, however, currently I have a skin which needs to be in positioned Topmost. The problem is that I do not want this skin to be focused with a left or right click.

Essentially I have an 'extra background' skin that covers the whole screen and simply acts as a new background, and on this background skin I want other skins, therefore I want to disable focusing the background skin as this would cause the other skins to "disappear" behind (Think of it as a widget background with widgets on it). I noticed that by adding LeftMouseDownAction=[] in the Rainmeter section, the background does not focus after a left click. However, by adding RightMouseDownAction=[], the background skin still focuses when the right button is pressed. I tried adding RightMouseUpAction=[] aswell, but that does not fix the issue.

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, however I do find it strange how LeftMouseDownAction=[] ensures no action is taken, whilst RightMouseDownAction=[] still acts, even for a moment. Any help for ensuring the background is not focused when clicked would be appreciated :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Bug] Skin focuses on right click but not left click

Post by balala »

JosephB2000 wrote: September 1st, 2019, 6:14 pm Essentially I have an 'extra background' skin that covers the whole screen and simply acts as a new background, and on this background skin I want other skins, therefore I want to disable focusing the background skin as this would cause the other skins to "disappear" behind (Think of it as a widget background with widgets on it). I noticed that by adding LeftMouseDownAction=[] in the Rainmeter section, the background does not focus after a left click. However, by adding RightMouseDownAction=[], the background skin still focuses when the right button is pressed. I tried adding RightMouseUpAction=[] aswell, but that does not fix the issue.
I wouldn't add those LeftMouseDownAction and RightMouseDownAction options, but instead would set the skin to stay on desktop. This sends the skin behind the other ones.
JosephB2000

Post by JosephB2000 »

I thought of that solution already, however, I need the background skin to stay at Topmost. Currently the background skin and all the "widgets" are at the Topmost layer in order to keep them above any pre-existing skins on layers OnDesktop, Bottom, Normal and Topmost.

I used to have the background skin on Normal, which worked well until something weird occurred. When I pressed the "Show desktop" button on the taskbar, the background skin would appear behind the taskbar, which broke the illusion.

So here is the setup of the suite:
I have a few skins on Normal
I have a "widget" background which must be above these skins and also cannot be focused on
I then have the "widgets" which must be above the "widget" background.

The "widget" components are currently in Topmost. All I need is a way to ensure the background is not focused on. However as mentioned before, right clicking focuses it no matter what.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JosephB2000 wrote: September 1st, 2019, 7:21 pm All I need is a way to ensure the background is not focused on. However as mentioned before, right clicking focuses it no matter what.
Probably not possible to avoid this, because there is a context menu when right clicking a skin. Even if this is disabled someway (there are more possibilities to disable this as well), the skin anyway follows the right click and there is no way to avoid this.
Not sure this is correct, but this is my tip. Unfortunately.