It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:04 pm

WMP config.

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
Kruggernaut

WMP config.

Post by Kruggernaut »

Finally! A config that can read what's inside windows media player ..
Well, it's not like my config can do it. It needs the help of a plugin for wmp who extracts the info and send it to the windows registry. But it took me YEARS(weeks) to find it. It's not an easy to find app ...

Anyway, All the instructions, and how-to are inside the rar: http://kruggernaut.deviantart.com/art/Rainmeter-WMP-Config-168916467

There is a problem, thougt. I don't like to leave the title string empty when WMP is off ("You are now listening to 0/null/nothing") so, when there is nothing to show, it changes the string to something more apropiate (you can see it on the screenshots). But when I start a new instance of wmp, I couldn't manage to redraw the config to show the title and author again .. that's why I added a button to refresh the skin when you start a new instance of wmp.

If somebody can find a solution, that would be great. Email me.

Hope to recieve some critics about my first config!

Sorry about the bad english.
Greetings from Chile. :)
Chewtoy

Re: WMP config.

Post by Chewtoy »

Well you got your [MeasureYes]. Why don't you link it to a IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterRedraw] ?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

This installer for the blogging plugin (creativity_wmpblogging.exe) only supports Windows XP.

I suggest you distribute InstallPlugin.exe from http://poiru.deviantart.com/art/WMP-Info-168836945 instead. It installs the same plugin, but also works on Vista/7 :)
Kruggernaut

Post by Kruggernaut »

poiru wrote:This installer for the blogging plugin (creativity_wmpblogging.exe) only supports Windows XP.

I suggest you distribute InstallPlugin.exe from http://poiru.deviantart.com/art/WMP-Info-168836945 instead. It installs the same plugin, but also works on Vista/7 :)

You think? Creativity worked fine with my windows 7. Well, I will add it anyway.
Kruggernaut

Post by Kruggernaut »

Chewtoy wrote:Well you got your [MeasureYes]. Why don't you link it to a IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterRedraw] ?
For some unknow reason, it loops.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Kruggernaut wrote:You think? Creativity worked fine with my windows 7. Well, I will add it anyway.
That's what I get. I guess it'd work in compatibility mode, but InstallPlugin.exe should be better in any case.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Kruggernaut wrote: For some unknow reason, it loops.
Well. That sort of make sense since the value will continue to be the one that triggers the bang.
Do this.
You have your original measure [MeasureYes], this will spit out a 1.
That will activate two other measures. One will be a counter whos only job is to do the refreshing. The other will disable itself and the refresher.
Let me show you with a simple test-skin.

Code: Select all

[Count]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter %20

[Count1]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(Count) > 3 ? 0 : 2
IfAboveValue=1
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterEnableMeasure Count2][!RainmeterEnableMeasure Count3][!RainmeterEnableMeasure Count4]

[Count2]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter % 5
IfAboveValue=1
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Fish]
DisableMeasure=1

[Count3]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(Count2) > 3 ? 0 : 2
IfAboveValue=1
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterDisableMeasure Count3][!RainmeterDisableMeasure Count2]
DisableMeasure=1

;--

[Text]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=CFS
MeasureName=Count
Text="Count: %1"

[Text1]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=CFS
MeasureName=Count1

[Text2]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=CFS
MeasureName=Count2

[Text3]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=CFS
MeasureName=Count3

[Fish]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=CFS
Text="Showing!"
Hidden=1
[Count1] would be your title-measure. If 2 it will activate [Count2] and [count3]. [count2] will take care of the refresh (is tells a meter to display in this test). [Count3] will look at [Count2] for the time. When reaching the specified value, it will disable [count2] and itself.
Though, you will probably have to refresh the skin again if you decide to exit again.
J0YU

Post by J0YU »

Does anyone know the complete list of "RegValues" in the plugin?

I know there is definitely a "Album", "Author", "Title" and "DurationString" but are there any more included in the plugin?
Hydrolisk1792

Post by Hydrolisk1792 »

Does the op still have this file. I know this thread is 9 years old but I need the creativity_wmpblogging.exe plugin for WMP. I can't seem to find it anyplace on line.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hydrolisk1792 wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 7:53 pm Does the op still have this file. I know this thread is 9 years old but I need the creativity_wmpblogging.exe plugin for WMP. I can't seem to find it anyplace on line.
You don't need an external plugin to interact with WMP in Rainmeter. NowPlaying fully supports WMP.
The odds of finding a nine year old file are slim to none :uhuh: