bubbadacaveman

Re: Weather not working?

Post by bubbadacaveman »

Did weather.com go down too? Weather widgets stopped working again :(
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bubbadacaveman wrote: January 25th, 2019, 10:41 am Did weather.com go down too? Weather widgets stopped working again :(
No, it doesn't. My weather skin (which uses weather.com), works perfectly.
First of all, try to restart Rainmeter. I mean, restart it completely. Right click its Notification Area icon and click Exit. Then restart it. Does the skin work now?
bubbadacaveman

Post by bubbadacaveman »

Hi balala, I checked the log and found some error 'RegExp matching error (-1)'. So, I reinstalled the skin and it started working again :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bubbadacaveman wrote: January 26th, 2019, 4:18 am Hi balala, I checked the log and found some error 'RegExp matching error (-1)'. So, I reinstalled the skin and it started working again :D
Have you tried restarting Rainmeter, as I said? Because usually if there is something wrong and you're reinstalling the skin, this is in vain. I never saw this to help. However, when you've reinstalled the skin, you've also restarted Rainmeter, so I'd be curious what helped, the reinstall or the restart of Rainmeter.
But finally I'm glad if you got it working.
bubbadacaveman

Post by bubbadacaveman »

Hi, it still wasn't working after I restarted Rainmeter like you adviced, so I checked the log and found the error and only after that did I reinstall the skin. I deleted the older installation folder before reinstalling the skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bubbadacaveman wrote: January 27th, 2019, 4:28 am Hi, it still wasn't working after I restarted Rainmeter like you adviced, so I checked the log and found the error and only after that did I reinstall the skin. I deleted the older installation folder before reinstalling the skin.
Which skin are we talking about? If reinstalling it fixed the problem, I'd suppose there is some included file, which was deleted or modified accidentally and this caused the issue. Just a supposition and I'd like to know the incriminated skin to check if it indeed has included files, which would cause that problem.
But it's good if you got it working.
bubbadacaveman

Post by bubbadacaveman »

It's this skin by eclectic 'https://www.deviantart.com/eclectic-tech/art/Win10-Weather-780236969'. It's working fine now.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yes, all skins of this package are including the Weather-ExtraLarge.ini skin, present in the same package. If you've loaded any other skin (for example Weather-Large.ini or Weather-Medium.ini) and the Weather-ExtraLarge.ini got corrupted before, nor the loaded skin didn't work anymore.
I suppose this happened. When you've reinstalled the package, the corrupted file was rewritten and due to this, all skins have started to work again.
Not sure this has happend, but this is my assumption.
But if finally you got it working, I suppose this doesn't matter much any more.
2overTheMustachesTop

Post by 2overTheMustachesTop »

Hello I have spent half a day searching for a solution to my weather display problem. I realize yahoo api's are no longer working however I am left wondering about how to replace regexp and endpoints in the .ini file.
Any help is appreciated. Here's the current code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=lilshizzy@gmail.com
AppVersion=1001000
Update=1000
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter TempActive][!RainmeterHideMeter Temp][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter TempActive][!RainmeterShowMeter Temp][!RainmeterRedraw]
@include=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Fonts.inc

[Metadata]
Name=SM MoxaWeather
Config=
Description=Shows your current and forecast weather conditions. Change the units from metric to Fahrenheit using the variable "Unit".
Instructions=Default weather is set to Los Angeles, to get your Weather Code visit (weather.yahoo.com) type in your Zip, click the RSS button, your code will be in the address bar.
Version=
Tags=Thanks to the authors of both Token & Enigma for inspiring and providing code for this project.
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Credits=This skin has been adapted from the original MoxaWeather by moxamax. This skin has been further modified by Lilshizzy, Thanks to those who previously worked on this.

[Variables]
@include=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Default.inc

;----------------------------------------------------------

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=1800
Url=https://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select * from weather.forecast where woeid=12771959 AND u="F"
RegExp=(?siU).*distance="(.*)".*pressure="(.*)".*speed="(.*)".*temperature="(.*)".*city="(.*)".*country="(.*)".*region="(.*)".*chill="(.*)".*direction="(.*)".*speed="(.*)".*humidity="(.*)".*pressure="(.*)".*rising="(.*)".*visibility="(.*)".*sunrise="(.*)".*sunset="(.*)".*<title>.*:.*m .*(.*)</title>.*lat>(.*)<.*long>(.*)<.*condition.*code="(.*)".*temp="(.*)".*text="(.*)".*forecast.*day="(.*)".*code="(.*)".*high="(.*)".*low="(.*)".*text="(.*)".*forecast.*day="(.*)".*code="(.*)".*high="(.*)".*low="(.*)".*text="(.*)".*

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=22

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=21

;----------------------------------------------------------

[Background]
Meter=IMAGE
;ImageName=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Images\20d_w01.png
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
W=209
H=127
X=0
Y=0

[Temp]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
Meter=STRING
X=100
Y=-10
FontColor=#Color3#
FontSize=45
StringAlign=Left
StringStyle=Bold
FontFace=#LocalFontFace#
AntiAlias=1

[Temp2]
Meter=STRING
X=86r
Y=13r
FontSize=16
FontColor=#Color1#
StringAlign=Left
StringStyle=Bold
FontFace=#LocalFontFace#
AntiAlias=1
Postfix="°"

[Desc]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherDesc
Meter=STRING
X=107
Y=35r
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=9
StringAlign=Right
StringStyle=Bold
FontFace=#Font#
AntiAlias=1

[TempActive]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=Temp
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
FontColor=#ColorActive2#
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [[MeasureWeatherRSS]]
Hidden=1

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

2overTheMustachesTop wrote: July 31st, 2019, 7:57 pm Hello I have spent half a day searching for a solution to my weather display problem. I realize yahoo api's are no longer working however I am left wondering about how to replace regexp and endpoints in the .ini file.
Based on the posted code, the only information you want ot get is the description and the temperature. Is this right?
If it is, just replace the [MeasureWeatherRSS], [MeasureWeatherDesc] and [MeasureWeatherTemp] webParser measures as it follows:

Code: Select all

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=WebParser
UpdateRate=1800
Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#WeatherLocation#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#&dayf=1
RegExp=(?siU)<weather ver="(.*)">.*<ut>(.*)</ut>.*<ud>(.*)</ud>.*<us>(.*)</us>.*<up>(.*)</up>.*<ur>(.*)</ur>.*<loc id="#WeatherLocation#">.*<dnam>(.*)</dnam>.*<lat>(.*)</lat>.*<lon>(.*)</lon>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<zone>(.*)</zone>.*</loc>.*<cc>.*<lsup>.*</lsup>.*<obst>.*</obst>.*<tmp>(.*)</tmp>.*<flik>(.*)</flik>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<bar>.*<r>(.*)</r>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*</bar>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>.*</gust>.*<d>.*</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*</wind>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*<vis>.*</vis>.*<uv>.*<i>.*</i>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*</uv>.*<dewp>.*</dewp>.*<moon>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*</moon>.*</cc>.*<dayf>.*<lsup>.*</lsup>

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=15

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=13
Note a few details:
  • You will need to add the WeatherLocation and Unit variables to the [Variables] section, in order to get the code working. WeatherLocation is the weather code of your location (available through a search here), while Unit is either m (metric - for temperatures in Celsius degrees) or i (imperial - temperatured in Fahrenheit degrees).
  • I rewrote the WebParser measures to be not Plugin measures, but simple WebParser measures. A while ago the code of Rainmeter has been rewritten and these measures became from Plugin measures, WebParser measures, due to the fact that WebParser became from an external plugin, internal measure.
Please test the above code and let me (us) know if you want something else as well.