It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:11 pm

Port-Hole-Computer Skin (1920x1080)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
krakoukas

Port-Hole-Computer Skin (1920x1080)

Post by krakoukas »

Hi Friends,

This is my first skin, inspired from Illustro 5 months ago. Thank you to Balala and Jsmorley and this whole fabulous community. I love you all !

With this 1920x1080 fullscreen skin, you won't need an antivirus anymore !
What is happening just now in your computer is shown just below your eyes :D

General Overview - 1920x1080 Tetris

Features
  • [NEW !] Multilingual (ENG/FR)
  • [NEW !] Updated every second (optimized code)
  • 17 movable/customisable TETRIS skins
  • 7 days weather
  • Torrent & Kodi Interfaces
  • Time and date
  • CPU, GPU and RAM usage & temperature
  • Ethernet traffic + Ratio
  • Read and write on HDD from Torrent
  • HDD activity (read, write, temperature)
  • Process using CPU/GPU/RAM
  • Process reading/writing on HDD
  • Known and unknown Process
  • Pings
  • Clients/Servers state
  • Local & Public Ip
  • Uptime and Idle time
  • My docs size & files
  • Torrent Upload and Download sharp analyses
  • LINES ! LINES EVERYWHERE :D
Best on a second or third monitor.
Comments may be in french, sorry.
Hope you can enjoy it.

Download latest version

http://krakoukas.com/index.php/downloads/

Details Skin by Skin

Last edited by krakoukas on August 16th, 2019, 6:02 pm, edited 29 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Full 1080p Porthole-Cow skin

Post by balala »

From my part, I'm glad if I did help.
But take care about the posted suite, there are a few errors when loading the included skins. For instance:
  • Although you've included a Rainmeter.inc into (probably) all skins, this isn't used, because the [Rainmeter] and [Metadata] sections don't support including files. Unfortunately you have to write (paste) the Update into all skins, one by one.
  • When loading any of the existing skins, a !HideMeter: [Meter-Debug-Bloc-2] not found error message appears in the log. It is caused by the IfTrueAction option of the [Actions-Selon-Environnement] measure, included into the @Resources\Debug folder, because the [Meter-Debug-Bloc-2] meter is commented out. Please check what was your intention with it.
Otherwise congratulations for the release.
krakoukas

Post by krakoukas »

balala wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 11:39 am From my part, I'm glad if I did help.
Again, thanks to you Balala, life is better & RainMeter easier.
Errors are corrected. Meter-Debug-Bloc-2 was initially supposed to display/show different meters, according to workplace or home.
And all the meters are rewritten without include Rainmeter.inc (deleted)

First time for me : launching the logs (WTF ! So many errors !!!!)
How can i get a Rainmeter Console (like a terminal) much easier than Right Click > Logs > Shoow logs ?

Happy to have corrections from you again, as always !

EDIT :
Please, need help again :
Can you explain why all the skins datas are now refreshing every 2000ms (aproximatly) since few weeks. They should do every 1000ms. This was also occuring BEFORE I delete the Rainmeter.inc. So, I deleted Rainmeter.inc and copy/paste "Update=1000" in all skins as you suggested. Still 2000ms.
Problem with my processor ? Rainmeter indicates 25% usage for Rainmeter and 55% idle CPU. I don't understand the reason.
Few weeks ago, refresh was 1000 ms for all skins. And something wrong happened. Happy it was not 30s instead of 2s because I was unable to find the error
Last edited by krakoukas on August 9th, 2019, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

krakoukas wrote: July 24th, 2019, 4:35 pm Errors are corrected. Meter-Debug-Bloc-2 was initially supposed to display/show different meters, according to workplace or home.
And all the meters are rewritten.
If you want, post a newer installer. Just to can check the rewritten skins (at least if you are interested).
krakoukas wrote: July 24th, 2019, 4:35 pm First time for me : launching the logs (WTF ! So many errors !!!!)
Yep, the log is an extremely important tool, which every skin developer should take a look from time to time.
krakoukas wrote: July 24th, 2019, 4:35 pm How can i get a Rainmeter Console (like a terminal) much easier than Right Click > Logs > Shoow logs ?
I'm used to right click the Rainmeter icon within the Notification Area, then click About. But there are much more possibilities to launch it, including the [!About] or [!About "Log"] bangs. It's your choice which one do you prefer.
krakoukas wrote: July 24th, 2019, 4:35 pm Please, need help again :
Can you explain why all the skins datas are refreshing every 2000ms (aproximatly) since few weeks. They should do every 1000ms. I deleted Rainmeter.inc and copy/paste "Update=1000" in all skins. Still 2000ms.
Problem with my processor ? Rainmeter indicates 25% usage for Rainmeter and 55% idle. I don't understand.
Few weeks ago, refresh was 1000 ms for all skins. And something wrong happened
First let's clarify a few notions: those skins are not refreshed every 2000 ms, but they are updated. It's not the same!
Now, how do you know they are updated at 2000 ms? Because is not always easy to know this.
Although I doubt this would be the case, please check if accidentally isn't there a DefaultUpdateDivider=2 option posted into the [Rainmeter] section. In a such case all measures and meters get an UpdateDivider=2 option (this being the default update divider, set by the DefaultUpdateDivider option) and all the skin is practically updated at 2000 ms. As said, I doubt this would be the situation, but check it anyway.
So, if there is not a such option (and probably there isn't), the question is how do you know this is the update value? Also posting a newer version of your suite would be required to let me to check. Otherwise it's hard to tell something.
krakoukas

Post by krakoukas »

balala wrote: July 24th, 2019, 5:33 pm I'm used to right click the Rainmeter icon within the Notification Area, then click About
So perfect ! With the "Skins" tab, no need for more debug-bangs anymore :D
Now, how do you know they are updated at 2000 ms?
Well, I dunno. They are not 1sec for sure ! Not sure 2, but they are not 1sec as they did few weeks ago.
---> The grey vertical interlines for each lines are 60 pixels large. For 60sec. Now They are much more closer than 120 sec...

No DefaultUpdateDivider nowhere.
In almost all skins :

Code: Select all

RefreshModule=1
UpdateDivider=#RefreshModule#
New package updated here : https://www.krakoukas.com/others/RainMeter/PRED.1.01.rmskin

Hope there is an explanation. Thanks a lot
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

krakoukas wrote: July 24th, 2019, 8:32 pm Hope there is an explanation. Thanks a lot
Not sure, because I definitely get one update per second with you last codes (however I did check only a few skins, not all of them):
GIF.gif
And you also should have to get it, if the RefreshModule variable is set to 1. But it's not in all codes, there are more values set in different skins:
  • RefreshModule=120 in _ Ecran-1-Module-07-Disques-Durs-Old\Module-1.7-Disques-Durs.ini
  • RefreshModule=-1 in _ Ecran-1-Module-14-Hardware\Ecran-1-Module-14-Hardware.ini
  • RefreshModule=1 in _ Module-1.2-Processus-CPU\Module-1.2-Processus-CPU.ini
and so on...

But there is one more question: how many skins do you have loaded?
krakoukas

Post by krakoukas »

balala wrote: July 25th, 2019, 6:33 am But there is one more question: how many skins do you have loaded?
Excellent question : all of them. And yes, when I load only one skin with lines, refresh is correct : 1000ms :D
So, it looks like RainMeter takes about 25% CPU with all skins but is not able to do what it is supposed in 1 seconde. Strange. Why not using more CPU ?

This way, I get a refresh every 1000ms (heavy skins are not loaded)

Thanks for help Balala.

Now it's time for optimisation.
It's probably not required to scan HDD temperatures every second. And so on ;D
Last edited by krakoukas on August 16th, 2019, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

krakoukas wrote: July 25th, 2019, 11:41 am Excellent question : all of them. And yes, when I load only one skin with lines, refresh is correct : 1000ms :D
So, it looks like RainMeter takes about 25% CPU with all skins but is not able to do what it is supposed in 1 seconde. Strange. Why not using more CPU ?
Try to load more, not just one, but not all of them. Load 10-12. How does it behaves now?
Also take care the following: what you name as refresh, it's in fact the update. Refresh and update are not the same things. Take care not to confuse these completely different notions.
Also note that although I said you not to use include nor in the [Metadata], nor in [Rainmeter] section, both of them still have @Include options. Although I didn't check all codes, they are there for instance in _ Ecran-1-Module-07-Disques-Durs-Old\Module-1.7-Disques-Durs.ini, or in _ Ecran-1-Module-14-Hardware\Ecran-1-Module-14-Hardware.ini file. Remove them, because they are anyway ignored by Rainmeter.
krakoukas wrote: July 25th, 2019, 11:41 am Now it's time for optimisation.
It's probably not required to scan HDD temperatures every second. And so on ;D
Probably not. There is needed an evaluation to find out which measures and which meters of which skins can be updated more rarely then once per second. Then UpdateDivider options must be added to the appropriate measures and meters. Can be painful to figure this out, but probably it worth the effort.
Vx_Lotus

Post by Vx_Lotus »

This looks amazing, I can tell a lot of time went into this. <44k lines = :? > Good Job.. but i'm too scared to download :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Vx_Lotus wrote: August 8th, 2019, 5:04 am but i'm too scared to download :D
Why? Don't be, it's just a .rmskin file, which installs the package. Nothing harmful. You can download it.