It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:50 pm

[Bug] All External Plugins Don't Work

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Lssg97

[Bug] All External Plugins Don't Work

Post by Lssg97 »

As the title, I have a friend who installed Rainmeter on his computer. After testing, it was found that all skins using external plugins did not work properly, and the built-in plugins were normal. I don't know what the reason is. Reinstalling Rainmeter is also ineffective, and installing the previous version is the same symptom. How can I solve it?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Bug] All External Plugins Don't Work

Post by balala »

Lssg97 wrote: July 16th, 2019, 3:40 pm After testing, it was found that all skins using external plugins did not work properly, and the built-in plugins were normal.
Were the skins installed through a .rmskin skin installer? If they were, check the Plugin tab of the About Rainmeter dialog (right click the Rainmeter icon within the Notification Area, click About, then click the Plugins tab). Are there the external plugins (check the External plugins section of the list)?
Lssg97

Post by Lssg97 »

balala wrote: July 16th, 2019, 6:08 pm Were the skins installed through a .rmskin skin installer? If they were, check the Plugin tab of the About Rainmeter dialog (right click the Rainmeter icon within the Notification Area, click About, then click the Plugins tab). Are there the external plugins (check the External plugins section of the list)?
Yes, skins that use external plugins are installed using the .rmskin skin installer, and the plugins are in their correct folders.

It is worth mentioning that his computer just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 1903 two days ago. Rainmeter was not installed before the computer upgrade.
Last edited by Lssg97 on July 20th, 2019, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lssg97

Post by Lssg97 »

balala wrote: July 16th, 2019, 6:08 pm Were the skins installed through a .rmskin skin installer? If they were, check the Plugin tab of the About Rainmeter dialog (right click the Rainmeter icon within the Notification Area, click About, then click the Plugins tab). Are there the external plugins (check the External plugins section of the list)?
I set the software to English for your convenience. (But I won't change the system language.)
无标题.png
无标题 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

What you exactly mean by
Lssg97 wrote: July 16th, 2019, 3:40 pm skins using external plugins did not work properly,
?
The skins using those external plugins are loaded but you don't get it working, or when loading Rainmeter crashes, or what's going on?
Lssg97

Post by Lssg97 »

balala wrote: July 20th, 2019, 7:09 pm What you exactly mean by
?
The skins using those external plugins are loaded but you don't get it working, or when loading Rainmeter crashes, or what's going on?
The skin can be loaded normally and there are no errors in the log. Rainmeter does not crash, but all Measure values in the skin that used external plugins are 0. The plugin obviously didn't work properly.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Lssg97 wrote: July 21st, 2019, 4:14 am The skin can be loaded normally and there are no errors in the log. Rainmeter does not crash, but all Measure values in the skin that used external plugins are 0. The plugin obviously didn't work properly.
Stupid question but is the application like HWiNFO running also? looks like some of those plugin would need that.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Lssg97 wrote: July 21st, 2019, 4:14 am The skin can be loaded normally and there are no errors in the log.
If there are no errors in the log, the plugins are working correctly. If they wouldn't, you'd get errors in the log. So, take into account CyberTheWorm's reply. At least some of the mentioned plugins require running an app in the background, for instance HWiNFO, others (like AMDTemperature) probably also require an app (but I'm not sure, because I don't know this plugin). Question is why nor the others are not running properly (like FrostedGlass), which definitely doesn't require a such application.
Lssg97

Post by Lssg97 »

CyberTheWorm wrote: July 21st, 2019, 4:48 am Stupid question but is the application like HWiNFO running also? looks like some of those plugin would need that.
I have been using Rainmeter for many years, and I think I understand the working conditions of Rainmeter. These skins and plugins have never had any problems on other computers. My friend and I have been researching and testing this problem for a long time on his computer. The conclusion we give is: the problem is not with these skins and plugins, nor is it in our settings. It is very likely that it is a problem with Rainmeter or the system upgrade. Because I was the first time I encountered this situation, so I came here to ask questions. Maybe I can't describe this problem very well. If conditions permit, I will find a way to upload a video for your reference.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Lssg97 wrote: July 21st, 2019, 9:41 am Maybe I can't describe this problem very well. If conditions permit, I will find a way to upload a video for your reference.
No, I understood. But can't say anything related to system upgrade. Maybe some one else? A developer maybe?
However, if possible, upload that video. Let's see...