It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:06 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ModernGadgets 1.5.1

Post by SilverAzide »

TehHammer wrote: June 14th, 2019, 9:31 pmThe only thing I'm missing (I know others have brought this up, so consider this a +1 vote) is a real ping monitor like this one...
There's one here that you can configure to look similar to ModernGadgets.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
dudebaker

Post by dudebaker »

Thanks SilverAzide for mentioning my skin.
In a future version I will add a Style which matches the ModernGadgets through what raiguard doesn't have to recreate skins with the same functionality.
Hope nobody has something against this... :D
BDubbB

Post by BDubbB »

Is there any way to make the Modern Gadget skin backgrounds colored but transparent, and if not, then is there any way that you can add a setting to change transparency of background?
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

Any update to adding power monitoring that I suggested a few months back? I sent a screenshot of the HW sensors. If you have nothing, that is cool. Just was wondering.
'
Looks like Illustro 2.2 has a PSU monitor. Maybe snag some of the config for that to make it easier?
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

prophet4NO1 wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 7:01 pm Any update to adding power monitoring that I suggested a few months back? I sent a screenshot of the HW sensors. If you have nothing, that is cool. Just was wondering.
'
Looks like Illustro 2.2 has a PSU monitor. Maybe snag some of the config for that to make it easier?
Yeah sorry, after working on my skins for four months straight I got really burned out, so I've been taking a break by making Factorio mods. I can't promise that I'll be able to add a PSU monitor anytime soon, but I promise to keep it on the back burner at least. :)
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

BDubbB wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 7:34 am Is there any way to make the Modern Gadget skin backgrounds colored but transparent, and if not, then is there any way that you can add a setting to change transparency of background?
Yes there is! See this post. The only thing you need to change is on the colorBg line, instead of putting zero at the end, put some number between 0 and 255 (0 being completely invisible and 255 being opaque).
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
Tomasz

Post by Tomasz »

Really seemed like good instructions. I installed HWInfo and used the shared memory panel, but still can't get voltages (and temperatures seem unavailable except average). The voltages don't show up although the bars next to each processor move and the graph at the bottom moves. This is what seems especially incongruous as the lower graph is said to indicate temps, but has a color corresponding to the bars moving next to the cpus. That is to say, I have only checked The box next to CPU Temperature Graph and the box next to Show All Cores. The Shared Memory Viewer of the HWINFO does show the individual voltages.

Do you think the problem could be because I am using Rainmeter not as an installed program but as an unzipped individually chosen portable so to speak? I click it on my taskbar. This is probably the issue. I also installed Gadgets Additions for currency and it doesn't update at all. These problems are all probably related to not running the Rainmeter as any type of service. Everything else is great though. Thanks for the Gadgets.
BDubbB

Post by BDubbB »

raiguard wrote: July 5th, 2019, 6:08 pm Yes there is! See this post. The only thing you need to change is on the colorBg line, instead of putting zero at the end, put some number between 0 and 255 (0 being completely invisible and 255 being opaque).
Thanks a ton, mate! I thought I looked everywhere. That helps so much. Thanks for the great gadgets!
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

raiguard wrote: July 5th, 2019, 6:02 pm Yeah sorry, after working on my skins for four months straight I got really burned out, so I've been taking a break by making Factorio mods. I can't promise that I'll be able to add a PSU monitor anytime soon, but I promise to keep it on the back burner at least. :)
Thanks for the update. I will keep checking in from time to time to see if you ever get around to it. Either way, I will keep enjoying what you have done so far.

Have fun with the mods!
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.6.0

Post by raiguard »

v1.6.0 is released! This marks the point where I consider ModernGadgets to be DONE. If I couldn't work on this project anymore, I would be satisfied with where it is.

I say this... because I actually won't be able to work on it anymore, for several years. I am becoming a missionary for my religion, and will not have actual internet access while I am serving. I will be gone for two years. In the meantime, ModernGadgets should continue to work, since Rainmeter is completely decidated to backward compatibility.

Anyway, this release adds three new gadgets: Battery Meter, Calendar, and Clipboard Meter! These are fairly self-explanatory so I'm not going to go into detail. Other major features include further interface refinements, the switch of almost all iconography to FontAwesome, and the switch of almost all iconography to vector shapes. This greatly reduces the filesize of the suite, makes everything look more consistent, and produces sharper icons!

Let me know if you encounter any bugs, I'll only be able to fix them for three weeks before I leave!
v1.6.0 - 2019-8-28
- Added Battery Meter
- Added Calendar
- Added Clipboard Meter
- Optimized default thermal throttling warning sound
- Re-added separate average CPU usage color to CPU Meter
- Moved external IP visibility toggle to Network Meter itself
- Improved external IP update logic to auto-refresh when the gadget thinks network settings have changed
- Enhanced Network Meter autoconfig to scan for wireless adapters
- Network Meter icon will now prefer showing the status of the configured adapters instead of always choosing the "best" adapter
- Relocated Process Meter mode swap button to the main gadget
- Updated all gadget interfaces to be more consistent and more readable
- Converted the majority of icons in the suite to shape meters
- Converted the majority of icons in the suite to FontAwesome icons
- Redesigned gadget manager & ModernGadgets logo
- Redesigned all gadget settings skins to be more consistent, more compact, and make the buttons easier to press
- Updated PayPal donation link
- Updated default layout
- Switched to ipapi.co for location by IP address
- Removed ability to customize sun, moon, and UV index colors in Weather Meter
- Removed RainRGB application and replaced with ColorPickerPlus
- Fixed Audio Meter song progress bar extending past the width of the gadget in some cases
- Fixed fahrenheit core temperatures overlapping core number labels in some cases
- Fixed Network Meter session totals going negative in some cases, when NetMonitor is not being used
- Fixed update notification and welcome interfaces going screwy if the scale was set to anything except for 1.0