It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:58 pm

Rainmeter automatically crashes after updating

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
chikibiki

Rainmeter automatically crashes after updating

Post by chikibiki »

For some reason it crashes right after it loads the stuff on my desktop. Is there a way to know whats causing it? I also updated Monstercat Visualizer right after that. Is there a directory to some sort of crash logs? I didn't know what board to put this in I guess it has to do with installing due to the update.
Active Colors

Re: Rainmeter automatically crashes after updating

Post by Active Colors »

chikibiki wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 10:58 pm For some reason it crashes right after it loads the stuff on my desktop. Is there a way to know whats causing it? I also updated Monstercat Visualizer right after that. Is there a directory to some sort of crash logs? I didn't know what board to put this in I guess it has to do with installing due to the update.
You might want to go through the troubleshooting guide made by jsmorley.

Basically, first of all you need to see if the crash is caused by some loaded skin or because of Rainmeter itself. Follow the points 1 and 2 in that guide.

If the crash happens by Rainmeter itself you can enable the logging this way:
> Open C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini in Notepad or other similar ditor.
> Instead of Logging=0 set it to Logging=1
> Save the file.
> Launch Rainmeter
> Your log will be available at C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.log