It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:23 am

Magnify Dock Icons

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Tymon_Emery

Magnify Dock Icons

Post by Tymon_Emery »

Hi guys, first post here. This is probably covered somewhere but I do not know the correct terminology and the search I did for magnify didn't answer what I was looking.

I've created a dock that includes my most used applications and it works but I'd like the icons to 'enlarge' or 'magnify' when I hover over them - I've dug though other docks that use this magnify feature to see if I can figure it out but I'm puzzled. Can someone possibly shed some light on what I need or what I'm doing wrong? I've attached the dock (hopefully) Thanks guys and please forgive me as I know this is probably covered somewhere :/
Attachments
MostUsedDock_1.rmskin
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Magnify Dock Icons

Post by balala »

Tymon_Emery wrote: July 1st, 2019, 4:08 pm I've created a dock that includes my most used applications and it works but I'd like the icons to 'enlarge' or 'magnify' when I hover over them - I've dug though other docks that use this magnify feature to see if I can figure it out but I'm puzzled. Can someone possibly shed some light on what I need or what I'm doing wrong? I've attached the dock (hopefully) Thanks guys and please forgive me as I know this is probably covered somewhere :/
Hi and welcome. Don't worry, feel free to come and ask whenever you have questions, even if they seem to be easy.
Yep, in a such case you have to modify four options of the meter: its position (through its X and Y options) and its size (through the W and H options), when hovering the mouse over it. Then when leaving the meter, you have to set all these options back to their original values, to get back the original size and position of the meter.
For instance add the following two options to the [Launcher1] meter:

Code: Select all

[Launcher1]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "-2"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "-2"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "56"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "56"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "52"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "51"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
See that when hovering the mouse over this meter, according to the bangs of the MouseOverAction option, the meter is:
  • Repositioned to the X=-2 and Y=-2 position, instead of the original X=0 and Y=0 (note that if an option isn't specified the default values are used, which in case of X and Y are both 0).
  • Resized to W=56 and H=56, these values replacing the original X=52 and H=51.
When you're leaving the meter, the bangs posted into the MouseLeaveAction option are restoring the original size and position of the meter.
Obviously this is related to only the first icon. You have to add some similar options to all following meters. Please try to figure out how to do this and if you don't succeed, let me know, for further help.
Tymon_Emery

Post by Tymon_Emery »

Wow thanks balala, I'll see if I can edit that into the code, thank you for the useful info :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tymon_Emery wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 3:58 pm I'll see if I can edit that into the code,
You're welcome. Note what you have to do: when hovering the mouse over certain icon (meter) you have to move the meter both horizontally and vertically (to up left) and in paralel you have to increase its size twice as large as you moved it. So identify first the position (X and Y options) and the size (W and H) of the meter, then create a MouseOverAction option to decrease the X and Y options with the desired value and increase the width and height with a value double as you moved it.
When leaving the meter, you have to set back the original values for all four options.
That's all.