It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:21 pm

Changing monitors through a bang?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Krainz

Changing monitors through a bang?

Post by Krainz »

The idea is to quickly move the skin to the next monitor through a mouse action, without having the user needing to go to the manage window and click this:

I may be wrong, but I figured the best way to do this would be with a bang. Sadly, that's where my ability to figure out stuff ends:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[MeterImage]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=120,0,120,255
W=500
H=500
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=[!ChangeMonitor]
MouseActionCursor=0
What are the possible approaches to this? Write to Rainmeter.ini? Would WriteKeyValue work with Rainmeter.ini?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Changing monitors through a bang?

Post by balala »

Krainz wrote: June 26th, 2019, 1:51 pm The idea is to quickly move the skin to the next monitor through a mouse action, without having the user needing to go to the manage window and click this:
Although I can't test this because I'm using one single monitor, I suppose you have to use the !Move bang, to move the skin to a value larger then the width of the primary monitor.
If for example the resolution of your first monitor is 1920x1280 pixels, the [!Move "2000" "200"] bang should have to move the skin to the second monitor, because the first provided parameter (2000 in this case) is greater then the width of the first monitor.
As said, I'm not sure if this is correct and i can't test. So, use carefully, it might be wrong.
Krainz

Re: Changing monitors through a bang?

Post by Krainz »

balala wrote: June 26th, 2019, 2:10 pm Although I can't test this because I'm using one single monitor, I suppose you have to use the !Move bang, to move the skin to a value larger then the width of the primary monitor.
If for example the resolution of your first monitor is 1920x1280 pixels, the [!Move "2000" "200"] bang should have to move the skin to the second monitor, because the first provided parameter (2000 in this case) is greater then the width of the first monitor.
As said, I'm not sure if this is correct and i can't test. So, use carefully, it might be wrong.
I will test as soon as I get home from work and update this post with the results!