It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:40 pm

Mainframe not appearing

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Sjkim25

Mainframe not appearing

Post by Sjkim25 »

I'm new to rainmeter and I just got the Spectrum Launcher V3 (https://www.deviantart.com/birdalliance/art/SPECTRUM-Launcher-v3-for-Rainmeter-762183493). I've downloaded everything but I can't seem to get the mainframe to work. Are there any setting I need to change?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Mainframe not appearing

Post by balala »

Sjkim25 wrote: June 16th, 2019, 1:11 pm I've downloaded everything but I can't seem to get the mainframe to work. Are there any setting I need to change?
What do you mean by "I can't seem to get the mainframe to work"? Because as far as I can tell, the skin does seem to work for me, however I don't have none of the programs listed there, so I'm not completely sure.
However, what doesn't work for you? Could be a little bit more precise?
Sjkim25

Post by Sjkim25 »

the skin doesn't pop up when I put my mouse cursor at the top of the screen
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sjkim25 wrote: June 16th, 2019, 1:55 pm the skin doesn't pop up when I put my mouse cursor at the top of the screen
It does for me. Are you sure it doesn't in your case?
Maybe try the following: open the Spectrum V3\SPECTRUM 3.ini file and replace the H=2 option of the [Activitor] meter with H=20. This way you're increasing the height of the meter and Willbe able to easier interact with it. Just for check, also replace its SoldiColor=255,255,255,1 option with SolidColor=255,255,255,150. With this you have colored it to a visible white.
Do you see the skin / meter on top of your screen, as a white horizontal line? If you do, try hovering the mouse over it. Does this load the Spectrum V3\MainFrame\MainFrame.ini skin (note that when this skin is loaded, it loads the Spectrum V3\Modules\LauncherGroup1.ini skin as well)?
All this does work for me. Doesn't for you?
Sjkim25

Post by Sjkim25 »

I see the white bar now but still nothing pops up when I hover over it
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sjkim25 wrote: June 18th, 2019, 7:59 am I see the white bar now but still nothing pops up when I hover over it
I'm very surprised, because it does for me. In the same time the white bar (the skin containing it) should have to unload. Does it disappear when you're hovering the mouse over it?
Also you can try to manually load the appropriate skin. Load the following one: Spectrum V3\MainFrame\MainFrame.ini. Is it loaded this way?
Sjkim25

Post by Sjkim25 »

the bar doesn't disappear when I hover over it but I can load the skin manually
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sjkim25 wrote: June 18th, 2019, 8:48 am the bar doesn't disappear when I hover over it
As said, very surprising. Could you please post the code of the Spectrum V3\SPECTRUM 3.ini skin file?
Sjkim25

Post by Sjkim25 »

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=16
OnRefreshAction=[!Delay 1000][!ShowMeter Activitor]

[Metadata]
Name=SPECTRUM Launcher v3
Author=u/TheProtagonists
Information=A hidden launcher with cool animations. 
License=Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0
Version=3.1

[Activitor]
Meter=image
W=((#SCREENAREAWIDTH#)*0.8)
H=20
X=((#SCREENAREAWIDTH#)*0.1)
Y=0
SolidColor=255,255,255,150
Hidden=1
UpdateDivider=-1
MouseOverAction=[!ActivateConfig "Spectrum V3\MainFrame"][!DeactivateConfig]
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sjkim25 wrote: June 18th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=16
OnRefreshAction=[!Delay 1000][!ShowMeter Activitor]

[Metadata]
Name=SPECTRUM Launcher v3
Author=u/TheProtagonists
Information=A hidden launcher with cool animations. 
License=Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0
Version=3.1

[Activitor]
Meter=image
W=((#SCREENAREAWIDTH#)*0.8)
H=20
X=((#SCREENAREAWIDTH#)*0.1)
Y=0
SolidColor=255,255,255,150
Hidden=1
UpdateDivider=-1
MouseOverAction=[!ActivateConfig "Spectrum V3\MainFrame"][!DeactivateConfig]
Sjkim25 wrote: June 18th, 2019, 8:48 am the bar doesn't disappear when I hover over it but I can load the skin manually
To be honest these two don't match each other, because in the posted code the [Activitor] meter has the MouseOverAction option which should activate the only existing skin of the Spectrum V3\MainFrame config (the [!ActivateConfig "Spectrum V3\MainFrame"] bang) and deactivate the current config ([!DeactivateConfig]). If none of this actions is executed, have no idea what to say.
However try the following possibilities:
  • First try to add the name of the file which has to be activated, to the existing !ActivateConfig bang. Replace the [!ActivateConfig "Spectrum V3\MainFrame"] bang with [!ActivateConfig "Spectrum V3\MainFrame" "MainFrame.ini"] (doubt this helps). This is the complete form of the !ActivateConfig bang.
  • If this doesn't help (and as I said, probably it doesn't), please try to add a [!ClickThrough "0"] bang to the OnRefreshAction option in the [Rainmeter] section of the Spectrum V3\SPECTRUM 3.ini skin (with this the OnRefreshAction option becomes OnRefreshAction=[!ClickThrough "0"][!Delay 1000][!ShowMeter Activitor]).
  • Finally if neither this helps, please pack the whole Spectrum V3 config as you had it before applying the above updates (make a backup before starting to work with it) and upload the package here. I'd take a look.