It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:06 pm

super weird dragging glitch

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
tylerlogsdon1

super weird dragging glitch

Post by tylerlogsdon1 »

hi, i built a new pc but kept my windows install on my ssd and just plugged into the new pc. but now rainmeter does a very strange glitch where it will drag what i drag very slowly and keep my mouse on the screen while letting me control a second mouse. i have a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgEmubMaDmQ&feature=youtu.be

at first i thought i was tripping out since i was high, but i replicated it today as well.
Neurohax

Re: super weird dragging glitch

Post by Neurohax »

Just noticed this today, too. Zero mind-altering substances involved!

For those that don't want to watch the video - Dragging a skin will be sluggish, like moving through honey. If I release the mouse button, the skin will continue on it's path, trying to catch up to where I eventually released, but the cursor image stays on the skin while my actual cursor is visible and free to move around normally and select stuff.

Doesn't happen with every skin. Might be tied to the Acrylic module (just guessing, but noticed my non-acrylic skins drag fine).

Other info...
- Looks like OP has an AMD card. I have an Nvidia, so not GPU specific.
- 144Hz Gsync monitor with a second 60Hz panel to the left (disabling GSync doesn't change the issue, behavior is the same on both monitors).
- System and GPU load are low, so not a case of poor system performance. No massive spike in load when the laggy dragging is happening.
- Wallpaper Engine installed, but not the culprit.
- Windows 10 Pro 1903 64-bit (build 18362), Rainmeter 4.3.0.3298 (64-bit)

Edit: Just was messing around with another skin (SystemS(v1)) that allows toggling between Blur and Acrylic backgrounds. Blur worked fine, Acrylic lagged...
tylerlogsdon1

Post by tylerlogsdon1 »

Neurohax wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:45 am Just noticed this today, too. Zero mind-altering substances involved!

For those that don't want to watch the video - Dragging a skin will be sluggish, like moving through honey. If I release the mouse button, the skin will continue on it's path, trying to catch up to where I eventually released, but the cursor image stays on the skin while my actual cursor is visible and free to move around normally and select stuff.

Doesn't happen with every skin. Might be tied to the Acrylic module (just guessing, but noticed my non-acrylic skins drag fine).

Other info...
- Looks like OP has an AMD card. I have an Nvidia, so not GPU specific.
- 144Hz Gsync monitor with a second 60Hz panel to the left (disabling GSync doesn't change the issue, behavior is the same on both monitors).
- System and GPU load are low, so not a case of poor system performance. No massive spike in load when the laggy dragging is happening.
- Wallpaper Engine installed, but not the culprit.
- Windows 10 Pro 1903 64-bit (build 18362), Rainmeter 4.3.0.3298 (64-bit)

Edit: Just was messing around with another skin (SystemS(v1)) that allows toggling between Blur and Acrylic backgrounds. Blur worked fine, Acrylic lagged...
i am using a customized acrylic, made to match the taskbar(i could post if anyone is interested, but here are my specs:

gigabyte b450m board
16gb corsair vengenance rgb @3200mhz
240gb ssd, 1tb hdd
ryzen 3 1200
r9 390
Neurohax

Post by Neurohax »

tylerlogsdon1 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 8:02 pm i am using a customized acrylic, made to match the taskbar(i could post if anyone is interested, but here are my specs:

gigabyte b450m board
16gb corsair vengenance rgb @3200mhz
240gb ssd, 1tb hdd
ryzen 3 1200
r9 390
It's definitely related to the Acrylic setting. Test it by changing

Code: Select all

[FrostedGlass]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FrostedGlass
Type=Acrylic

to

Code: Select all

[FrostedGlass]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FrostedGlass
Type=Blur
That fixes it for me, though I lose the acrylic effect. In the meantime, if you need to do a bunch of positioning, you could just switch it to blur, move stuff around, switch back to acrylic, and refresh.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

This seems to be a problem with a 3rd party plugin and not Rainmeter itself.

Please continue this conversation in this thread: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=23106

Thank you,
Brian