It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:38 am

Here's an idea which is probably too stupid or too interesting, or both BOOK!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Ao Nuu Shin

Here's an idea which is probably too stupid or too interesting, or both BOOK!

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Hello, everyone. Remember me? This time, I am coming with a new question to probably challenge your wits or make you laugh, but here it goes :

Book.

That's it.

More info : Is it possible, to create a book kind of rainmeter, with pages that you can press next on the bottom right of the corner and progress to the next page? I assume around 10 pages for example, in a row. Once you reach the last page, the next button instead of saying next, it will say finish/close or return to first page. There should also be a previous page button on the bottom left in case someone wants to turn a page back. I know how to put sounds and effects on something like that, thank God it's still kind of easy for me, and I can get inspiration by previous rainmeters I did which I still have saved.

Now, I believe this might be either too stupid as an idea, or too interesting, or both, to a lot of you, I just want to know if something like that is possible and if it truly is, where should I start reading a code similar to that or if someone here can guide me through it? I can finish up the design in photoshop, I can make buttons, I can literally like use anything else, the code is my anxiety here.

EDIT : Added a picture for reference, a small example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Here's an idea which is probably too stupid or too interesting, or both BOOK!

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: June 5th, 2019, 9:15 pm Is it possible, to create a book kind of rainmeter, with pages that you can press next on the bottom right of the corner and progress to the next page?
If there's no need for animation, it definitely is possible. For example:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[Variables]
Page=0
Page0=First page
Page1=Second page
Page2=Third page
Page3=Fourth page
Page4=Fifth page
Page5=Sixth page
Page6=Seventh page
Page7=Eigth page

[PageStyle]
SolidColor=255,255,255
W=170
H=220
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Pages

[StringStyle]
ClipString=1
FontColor=25,25,25
FontEffectColor=220,220,220
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
StringEffect=Shadow
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Pages

[MeasurePage]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#Page#
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterStringPageLeft Text "#Page0#"][!SetOption MeterStringPageRight Text "#Page1#"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Pages"][!Redraw]
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#=1)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterStringPageLeft Text "#Page2#"][!SetOption MeterStringPageRight Text "#Page3#"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Pages"][!Redraw]
IfCondition3=(#CURRENTSECTION#=2)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption MeterStringPageLeft Text "#Page4#"][!SetOption MeterStringPageRight Text "#Page5#"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Pages"][!Redraw]
IfCondition4=(#CURRENTSECTION#=3)
IfTrueAction4=[!SetOption MeterStringPageLeft Text "#Page6#"][!SetOption MeterStringPageRight Text "#Page7#"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Pages"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,220
X=0
Y=0
W=361
H=240

[MeterPageLeft]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=PageStyle
X=10r
Y=10r
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable Page "(Clamp((#Page#-1),0,3))"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasurePage"]

[MeterPageRight]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=PageStyle
X=1R
Y=0r
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable Page "(Clamp((#Page#+1),0,3))"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasurePage"]

[MeterStringPageLeft]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=-160r
Y=10r
W=150
H=200

[MeterStringPageRight]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=21R
Y=0r
W=150
H=200
This is just an extremely simple first example, with just eight pages. You can click to either the right page, to forward paging, or to the left one, for backward paging. When the first / last page is achieved, the click doesn't change the page anymore.
GIF.gif
Is this looking as what you've imagined?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ao Nuu Shin

Re: Here's an idea which is probably too stupid or too interesting, or both BOOK!

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: June 6th, 2019, 4:05 pm If there's no need for animation, it definitely is possible. For example:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[Variables]
Page=0
Page0=First page
Page1=Second page
Page2=Third page
Page3=Fourth page
Page4=Fifth page
Page5=Sixth page
Page6=Seventh page
Page7=Eigth page

[PageStyle]
SolidColor=255,255,255
W=170
H=220
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Pages

[StringStyle]
ClipString=1
FontColor=25,25,25
FontEffectColor=220,220,220
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
StringEffect=Shadow
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Pages

[MeasurePage]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#Page#
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterStringPageLeft Text "#Page0#"][!SetOption MeterStringPageRight Text "#Page1#"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Pages"][!Redraw]
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#=1)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterStringPageLeft Text "#Page2#"][!SetOption MeterStringPageRight Text "#Page3#"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Pages"][!Redraw]
IfCondition3=(#CURRENTSECTION#=2)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption MeterStringPageLeft Text "#Page4#"][!SetOption MeterStringPageRight Text "#Page5#"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Pages"][!Redraw]
IfCondition4=(#CURRENTSECTION#=3)
IfTrueAction4=[!SetOption MeterStringPageLeft Text "#Page6#"][!SetOption MeterStringPageRight Text "#Page7#"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Pages"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,220
X=0
Y=0
W=361
H=240

[MeterPageLeft]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=PageStyle
X=10r
Y=10r
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable Page "(Clamp((#Page#-1),0,3))"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasurePage"]

[MeterPageRight]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=PageStyle
X=1R
Y=0r
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable Page "(Clamp((#Page#+1),0,3))"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasurePage"]

[MeterStringPageLeft]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=-160r
Y=10r
W=150
H=200

[MeterStringPageRight]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StringStyle
X=21R
Y=0r
W=150
H=200
This is just an extremely simple first example, with just eight pages. You can click to either the right page, to forward paging, or to the left one, for backward paging. When the first / last page is achieved, the click doesn't change the page anymore.
GIF.gif
Is this looking as what you've imagined?
Hey, Balala, how are you?? It has been so long! Yes! It is exactly what I had in mind!!! No need for animations or anything!! Thank you! I guess I should head back to work, about to finish up images and whatnot in Photoshop. I'll try to use the code as a reference and see what I can build! Thank you so much!!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: June 7th, 2019, 3:04 am Yes! It is exactly what I had in mind!!!
I'm glad. But improvements are needed.
Ao Nuu Shin wrote: June 7th, 2019, 3:04 am No need for animations or anything!!
However some kind of animation is still possible, using the ActionTimer plugin. I'll try this a little bit later, let's see what can I come up with.
Ao Nuu Shin wrote: June 7th, 2019, 3:04 am I guess I should head back to work, about to finish up images and whatnot in Photoshop.
If you're talking about the image of the book you've posted in your first post, it's not a very good idea, because there is not possible (me at least don't see how it would) to curve the text as the pages of the book are. Would be much better to create a book with "plan" (flat) pages. Not even a perspective isn't possible, because it's not possible to make the text trapezoidal. So my advice is to create plain view book. My opinion.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Jony Ivi says Skeuomorphism is evil... ;-)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote: June 7th, 2019, 12:00 pm Jony Ivi says Skeuomorphism is evil... ;-)
Jony Ive is the same clown who designs a $5000 computer monitor without a stand, then wants suckers who go for it to pay another $999 for the stand so they can actually use it.
Last edited by SilverAzide on June 7th, 2019, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

jsmorley wrote: June 7th, 2019, 12:00 pm Jony Ivi says Skeuomorphism is evil... ;-)
Seeing something like that, coming from someone in this age, on a computer, on a forum about rainmeter, is ironic. Nothing is evil, as long as it doesn't violate personal rights, especially in graphic design. ;)
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: June 7th, 2019, 11:38 am I'm glad. But improvements are needed.

However some kind of animation is still possible, using the ActionTimer plugin. I'll try this a little bit later, let's see what can I come up with.

If you're talking about the image of the book you've posted in your first post, it's not a very good idea, because there is not possible (me at least don't see how it would) to curve the text as the pages of the book are. Would be much better to create a book with "plan" (flat) pages. Not even a perspective isn't possible, because it's not possible to make the text trapezoidal. So my advice is to create plain view book. My opinion.
I am making a completely flat transparent like book in photoshop and will create buttons with grade layer - thinking about the last one - to put on the book, as to have enough space to do stuff around. It's definitely going to be like one page with an image on the left and some words on the right. Remember some old traditional "witchcraft" books in movies and possibly in real life, too? Something like that. I am making some sort of helpful guide for a video game, this will help a lot some new players instead of searching around endlessly on their own.

I came up with this idea some time ago, but I wanted to ask to make sure if something like this exists in rainmeter. I'm glad it does.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: June 7th, 2019, 8:43 pm I am making a completely flat transparent like book in photoshop and will create buttons with grade layer - thinking about the last one - to put on the book, as to have enough space to do stuff around.
Ok, please post here the images when they are created. I'll post a sample code with the animation, I didn't forget what I've promised, but unfortunately had no enough time today to work with it. But when you have those images, I'd like to have them me too, to can work with them.
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: June 7th, 2019, 8:49 pm Ok, please post here the images when they are created. I'll post a sample code with the animation, I didn't forget what I've promised, but unfortunately had no enough time today to work with it. But when you have those images, I'd like to have them me too, to can work with them.
No!!! Don't worry about it! I am pretty much done with the images as samples, but I am still thinking about the whole idea. I'll try to find more time to focus on that project, too. Working extensively lately like a madman and spending most of the time with my girl. I don't even have the time to scratch my balls. hahah

^I don't want to imagine how nightmarish it is going to be once I have children....I won't have a life anymore. hah

Thank you for your time, Balala, you rock!