It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:10 am

Help with !ActivateConfig

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Raqnaroq

Help with !ActivateConfig

Post by Raqnaroq »

Hello, I'm really new to Rainmeter and coding in overall so please be patient :confused:

I'm trying to activate a config when my mouse is over a meter, but it doesn't seem to work cuz I'm probably dummy. Here's the code:

Code: Select all

[App1Passive]
 Meter=IMAGE
 ImageName=#@#overwatch.png
 MaskImageName=#MaskImageName#
 ImageTint=#ImageTint#
 Background=1
 BackgroundColor=0,0,0,1
 AntiAlias=1
;W=120
 X=0
 Y=10
 PreserveAspectRatio=1
 MouseOverAction=!ActivateConfig "iconlauncher\overwatch" "overwatch.ini"
NOTE: overwatch.ini is a gif! Its code:

[Rainmeter]
Update=45
[ImageNumberCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter % 69
[Variables]
@include="..\Settings.txt"
[ImageMeter]
Meter=Image
MaskImageName=mask.png
ImageName=owgif\frame_[ImageNumberCalc].gif
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
W=120
H=
X=0
Y=10
PreserveAspectRatio=1
Hidden=1
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#App1Path#"]
MouseLeaveAction=!DeactivateConfig
I made it hidden so it only appears when I mouse over the [App1Passive].

It seems to work when it's not hidden. Here is how the folders are looking:

Any help? Tysm :D

EDIT: It's kinda solved! But how can I make the config hidden until my mouse goes over the image meter? Thank you!
Last edited by Raqnaroq on May 25th, 2019, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help with !ActivateConfig

Post by balala »

Raqnaroq wrote: May 25th, 2019, 10:59 am I made it hidden so it only appears when I mouse over the [App1Passive].

It seems to work when it's not hidden.
How have you hidden it?
If it indeed is hidden, try to add a bang to the MouseOverAction option of the [App1Passive] meter, to show the hidden skin: MouseOverAction=[!ActivateConfig "iconlauncher\overwatch" "overwatch.ini"][!Show "iconlauncher\overwatch"]
Raqnaroq

Post by Raqnaroq »

Heck, it remains hidden! So this is how it's looking right now, maybe I wrote something wrong:

MouseOverAction=[!ActivateConfig "iconlauncher\overwatch" "overwatch.ini"][!Show "iconlauncher\overwatch"][!HideMeter "App1Passive"][!ShowMeter "App1Active"][!Update]
[App1Active] is a meter with a text which appears at the same time the image meter disappears. I was thinking if maybe a solution would be adding that piece of code to the [App1Active] meter? Because the passive one is hidden...?

Thank you for your attention :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Raqnaroq wrote: May 25th, 2019, 11:46 am I was thinking if maybe a solution would be adding that piece of code to the [App1Active] meter? Because the passive one is hidden...?
The posted MouseOverAction looks to be alright. I think there is no needed to add the same option to the [App1Active] meter, too, because once a skin loaded / shown, it is not unloaded / hidden, unless you have an option to do this as well. Have you?
Also, please check the log. Are there error messages when you're hovering the mouse over the meter?
Raqnaroq

Post by Raqnaroq »

Hm, I don't think I have any option doing that, and if I do I honestly don't know, all the code I used is in my previous posts. About the log, would it sound too dumb to ask how to see it? As I said, I'm a rookie :???:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Raqnaroq wrote: May 25th, 2019, 9:53 pm About the log, would it sound too dumb to ask how to see it?
No, no at all.
To open it right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click About: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/about/#LogTab