It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:14 am

Unable to see rainmeter folder manually made from windows explorer

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
StarRayMC

Unable to see rainmeter folder manually made from windows explorer

Post by StarRayMC »

So I am following the steps of a tutorial video in which it includes that process of manually making the folders.. after the files were made and completed, I was unable to see the file in the rainmeter interface.. please help me
yep2.PNG
yep.PNG
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Unable to see rainmeter folder manually made from windows explorer

Post by balala »

StarRayMC wrote: May 11th, 2019, 4:34 pm So I am following the steps of a tutorial video in which it includes that process of manually making the folders.. after the files were made and completed, I was unable to see the file in the rainmeter interface.. please help me
Have you done a refresh of Rainmeter? I suppose you haven't, so right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Refresh all. The new config / skin now should appear. Does it?
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Whenever a new file or folder is created in the active rainmeter directory e.g. "Skins" - it is always my practice to exit rainmeter then restart the whole program. That way any new folder or ini or inc will be recognised by the program. Once the folder or file is recognised it can be edited. Be wary of renaming folders though since that is sort of a root action and will very likely require a restart again.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: May 12th, 2019, 1:25 am it is always my practice to exit rainmeter then restart the whole program.
This is one way, but usually that's not needed. A refresh all is completely enough, to can see the newly added configs / skins.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: May 12th, 2019, 11:53 am This is one way, but usually that's not needed. A refresh all is completely enough, to can see the newly added configs / skins.
Yes, in the most basic situation. But if the folder is open when you refresh rainmeter, the folder does not refresh in windows. That may be the reason I started doing it the fashion I suggested.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 12:06 pm
Yes, in the most basic situation. But if the folder is open when you refresh rainmeter, the folder does not refresh in windows. That may be the reason I started doing it the fashion I suggested.
I'm not sure why that folder should have to refresh, but finally doesn't matter, there is nothing wrong restarting Rainmeter.