It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:22 pm

Skins won't load.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
FISH

Skins won't load.

Post by FISH »

So after I updated Razer Synapse, I played some music and my music visualizer did not load. And when I left click I could not open the editor. When I tried to run the desktop app the visualizer would appear for a second, but it was frozen, then it would disappear. Any help would be very appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
These are the skins that I have installed.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skins won't load.

Post by balala »

FISH wrote: May 11th, 2019, 9:07 pm So after I updated Razer Synapse, I played some music and my music visualizer did not load.
Did not load or did not work? Because
FISH wrote: May 11th, 2019, 9:07 pm when I left click I could not open the editor.
so I suppose the skin was loaded if you could click it. But with a left click, the editor wouldn't have to open.
It's not clear for me what the problem exactly is, but additionally note that some programs can have exclusive control over the audio device and can prevent the visualizer skins to work. The new version of Razer Synapse could be a such program, however I don't know it, so I'm not sure. But for example: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=30177&p=155256&hilit=exclusive#p155256
You can try to follow Active Colors's AudioLevel plugin troubleshooting. Or additionally eclectic-tech will be needed here to help you, he being an expert of this plugin.
FISH

Post by FISH »

So when I start playing music there is no visualizer, and then left click on the desktop the default windows box opens, and there is nothing related to rain meter at all.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

FISH wrote: May 11th, 2019, 9:07 pm So after I updated Razer Synapse, I played some music and my music visualizer did not load. And when I left click I could not open the editor. When I tried to run the desktop app the visualizer would appear for a second, but it was frozen, then it would disappear. Any help would be very appreciated.
FISH wrote: May 11th, 2019, 9:29 pm So when I start playing music there is no visualizer, and then left click on the desktop the default windows box opens, and there is nothing related to rain meter at all.
(I assume you actually mean right-click due to the context)

Sounds to me like a skin is causing Rainmeter to crash. Navigate to your user folder and go into AppData (it's hidden so you'll have to show hidden files to see it), and navigate to Roaming\Rainmeter. Completely delete the Rainmeter.ini file, then restart Rainmeter.
Crashing.gif
Once you have restarted Rainmeter, start reloading all of the skins you had before until it crashes again, then you'll know the culprit.
FISH

Post by FISH »

I can't find a Raimeter.ini file.
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Well that ain't right... If that file doesn't exist then Rainmeter should automatically create one and load the default illustro skins. If that's not happening, then I would probably just reinstall Rainmeter.

I assume you already tried restarting your PC?
FISH

Post by FISH »

Yes, I have restarted my PC twice, I am going to reinstall Rainmeter.
FISH

Post by FISH »

That worked thank you!
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

No problem, glad we got it sorted. :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

FISH wrote: May 11th, 2019, 10:25 pm I can't find a Raimeter.ini file.
It is there:
Screenshot%20(2).png
FISH wrote: May 11th, 2019, 10:35 pm That worked thank you!
What worked? How have you got it working?