It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:06 pm

Recycle Bin skin with drag and drop action

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
AdamWalker

Recycle Bin skin with drag and drop action

Post by AdamWalker »

How to create a Bin skin works just like the normal Recycle Bin of Windows with drag and drop function(drop an item there to move it to Recycle Bin)?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Recycle Bin skin with drag and drop action

Post by balala »

AdamWalker wrote: May 4th, 2019, 5:37 am How to create a Bin skin works just like the normal Recycle Bin of Windows with drag and drop function(drop an item there to move it to Recycle Bin)?
Probably not possible, because Rainmeter isn't a programming language. To can drag and drop a file from explorer to the skin, the skin should interact with file dragging, from explorer. Might be possible to interact with file dragging from the skin itself (or eventually even from another skin then the current one), but from explorer...
Me at least don't see a viable way to do this.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

I attached a demo that a RM Forumite was sharing a while back - more info can be found on GitHub.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
AdamWalker

Post by AdamWalker »

The DragNDrop plugin work perfectly! Thanks!
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

AdamWalker wrote: May 11th, 2019, 3:19 am The DragNDrop plugin work perfectly! Thanks!
Hey! That's great. Incidentally - I never got it to work :rolmfao:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.