It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:11 pm

Keep on Screen

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
DavidFw1960

Re: Keep on Screen

Post by DavidFw1960 »

Yes it will but I want to have the bottom of the skin right at the bottom of the screen. It seems to start for me at the 105 size and then after a second goes down to 95. I also cannot drag the skin right to the bottom regardless of the height. I can if I turn off the keep on screen flag. See my first post. I’m just not sure if this is expected behaviour. It’s as if it senses it *could* be 105 high and then locks the position from that. If I change the offfset in manage skin it also won’t let me place it at the bottom.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

DavidFw1960 wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 11:17 am I can if I turn off the keep on screen flag. See my first post.
Yep, I saw it.
DavidFw1960 wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 11:17 am I also cannot drag the skin right to the bottom regardless of the height. I can if I turn off the keep on screen flag. See my first post. I’m just not sure if this is expected behaviour.
It is, because the issue is caused by the [Popup] Image meter, placed at Y=10 and having a height of H=95. Together these makes 105 and you can't drag the skin below a position placed with 105 pixels above the lower edge of the screen.
What you can do is either to resize the meter, or to move to the Y=0 vertical position, or finally to completely get rid of it (removing the meter or hiding it, by adding a Hidden=1 option). I think the only reason of this meter is its ToolTip (me at least couldn't find another reason for it). If this is right, you can move this ToolTip to the [MeterShapes] meter and along with [Popup] meter, you can get rid of the [MeterSize] meter as well (also not needed as far as I can tell). If you do this, rewrite the Shape option of the [MeterShapes] meter to Shape=Rectangle 0,0,210,95,7 | Fill Color #backgroundColor#. I'm not sure why the 95([MeterSize:H]) parameter was added.
So, finally long story short, you have to make something with the [Popup] meter, to either reduce its height, move it upward, or completely get rid of it.
DavidFw1960

Post by DavidFw1960 »

I’ll have a go at that. The reason for h=95 is for an unlimited plan, allowance=100000 then it makes no sense to show a bar with an allowance used on it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

DavidFw1960 wrote: April 24th, 2019, 12:34 am I’ll have a go at that. The reason for h=95 is for an unlimited plan, allowance=100000 then it makes no sense to show a bar with an allowance used on it.
And have you succeeded? Is it ok now?
DavidFw1960

Post by DavidFw1960 »

y=0 solved it. Thanks for your help. It was driving me crazy!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

DavidFw1960 wrote: April 29th, 2019, 7:15 am y=0 solved it. Thanks for your help.
You're welcome. :thumbup:
DavidFw1960

Post by DavidFw1960 »

balala wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 12:55 pm I think the only reason of this meter is its ToolTip (me at least couldn't find another reason for it). If this is right, you can move this ToolTip to the [MeterShapes] meter
Ok so in the interests of streamlining, not sure how I can add atooltip to the MeterShapes meter.

If I put the relevant code together, can you show how I would do this?

Code: Select all

[MeterShapes]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,210,([MeterSize:H]),7 | Fill Color #backgroundColor#
DynamicVariables=1

[Popup]
Meter=Image
X=12
Y=0
W=200
H=([MeterSize:H])
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=["https://my.aussiebroadband.com.au/"]
ToolTipTitle=Aussie Broadband Usage
ToolTipType=1
ToolTipIcon=#@#Images\Abbicon.ico
DynamicVariables=1
MouseActionCursor=0
So currently the popup is an image and MeterShapes is a shape so how can I combine them?
(Note again that depending on a usave variable downloaded, the meter height is not fixed - it is either 95 or 105 pixels which is why I need the variable for the height). It's working perfectly now when I use the Y=0 which solved my initial problem but I'm always keen to not use extra code unless it's needed...

Thanks again.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

DavidFw1960 wrote: May 14th, 2019, 4:03 am So currently the popup is an image and MeterShapes is a shape so how can I combine them?
You don't have to combine them. As ToolTips can be added to any kind of meter, you can simply move the options related to the ToolTip, to [MeterShapes]:

[MeterShapes]
Meter=Shape
ToolTipType=1
DynamicVariables=1

[Popup]
Meter=Image
X=12
Y=0
W=200
H=([MeterSize:H])
DynamicVariables=1
MouseActionCursor=0
DavidFw1960

Post by DavidFw1960 »

balala wrote: May 14th, 2019, 10:02 am You don't have to combine them. As ToolTips can be added to any kind of meter, you can simply move the options related to the ToolTip, to
Ok so that does not seem to be a benefit as I still need the popup for the action - or am I misunderstanding you?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

DavidFw1960 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 12:37 am Ok so that does not seem to be a benefit as I still need the popup for the action - or am I misunderstanding you?
Yep, but you can move the LeftMouseDoubleClickAction as well.In a such case you probably don't need anymore the [Popup] meter and can remove it (I just commented it out for now, but if you decide you really don't need it anymore, remove it):

[MeterShapes]
Meter=Shape
ToolTipType=1
MouseActionCursor=0
DynamicVariables=1

;[Popup]
;Meter=Image