It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:51 pm

background image scaling

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
pul53dr1v3r

Re: background image scaling

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

As to the mentioned full version of the skin:

Seems i can't get the bg works properly not using previously mentioned method (making a shape meter for evry CPU Core number). Pls help (anyone).
I adapted some parts of the code according to those from the previous skin. Adapted only for 4 cores.

It seems very very hard to make the bg fits its size according to the CPU Cores number + to shows the Graphs below all that.
Last edited by pul53dr1v3r on April 15th, 2019, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Attached you have a new, at least partially rewritten code. Please try it out and let me know what do you think about it. I post only the TEST\CPU-RAM\CPU-RAM.ini file, the resources are not changed.
Note one single problem: there is no way to dynamically set the size of the skin (the SkinWidth and especially the SkinHeight options of the [Rainmeter] section), since this section doesn't support dynamic variables or dynamically set options. But the height of the skin should have to be set according to the number of cores, which is returned by the [MeasureRun] measure, after it is ran. So, I finally ended up setting a generic height of the skin, which is accordingly to the scaling and the value of the SkinState variable (none of these aren't set dynamically). In most cases this cause a too great height, but there is nothing to be done with this (or me at least couldn't find a good solution).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

balala wrote: April 15th, 2019, 6:03 pm Attached you have a new, at least partially rewritten code. Please try it out and let me know what do you think about it. I post only the TEST\CPU-RAM\CPU-RAM.ini file, the resources are not changed.
Note one single problem: there is no way to dynamically set the size of the skin (the SkinWidth and especially the SkinHeight options of the [Rainmeter] section), since this section doesn't support dynamic variables or dynamically set options. But the height of the skin should have to be set according to the number of cores, which is returned by the [MeasureRun] measure, after it is ran. So, I finally ended up setting a generic height of the skin, which is accordingly to the scaling and the value of the SkinState variable (none of these aren't set dynamically). In most cases this cause a too great height, but there is nothing to be done with this (or me at least couldn't find a good solution).
Apart from the issue with the SkinHeight where i have to decrease the value accroding to the number of the cores manually in order to move the skin vertically, expecially when scaled up, everything else looks fantastic until now!
Even though the issue is a bit annoying... Are you quite sure nothing as to it can be done, to save myself of trying?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: April 15th, 2019, 7:51 pm Are you quite sure nothing as to it can be done, to save myself of trying?
Unfortunately I don't see a way to do it, because as I said the [Rainmeter] section doesn't support dynamical changes (first Note here) (which would be required when using the value returned by the [MeasureRun] measure, this being a section variable, requiring dynamic variables). Sorry... :confused:
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

balala wrote: April 15th, 2019, 8:04 pm Unfortunately I don't see a way to do it, because as I said the [Rainmeter] section doesn't support dynamical changes (first Note here) (which would be required when using the value returned by the [MeasureRun] measure, this being a section variable, requiring dynamic variables). Sorry... :confused:
Nvm. Much more important thing has been done. :thumbup: :bow:
Last edited by pul53dr1v3r on April 22nd, 2019, 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: April 15th, 2019, 8:18 pm Much more important thing has been done.
I'm glad if you think so.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Have you seen ikarus1969's reply? Probably a very good idea.